• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rafael Benitez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's his third victory over Fergie in a row...

But only his third victory in eleven.

so when we lose 4 in a row it's too early to judge him but when we beat what is arguably the weakest utd side in nearly 20 years he's a legend?

we dominated the scum today and aurelio on the left helping out insua and still being skillful enough to get forward was an excellent tactical decision.

playing agger ahead of skertel should be done more often as should playing yossi behind torres. would have liked him to have made subs before utd hit the bar as there was a period of pressure that we were struggling with.

today was a good day, lets hope he can carry the momentum into the fulham game.

[quote author=rage link=topic=36712.msg971137#msg971137 date=1256491702]
so when we lose 4 in a row it's too early to judge him but when we beat what is arguably the weakest utd side in nearly 20 years he's a legend?

we dominated the scum today and aurelio on the left helping out insua and still being skillful enough to get forward was an excellent tactical decision.

playing agger ahead of skertel should be done more often as should playing yossi behind torres. would have liked him to have made subs before utd hit the bar as there was a period of pressure that we were struggling with.

[/quote]

MODS! Hack alert. Someone's impersonating Rage.

Yossi has grown as a player and is our most influential player as a creative force in Gerrards absence. Rafa needs to spur the lads on. We have been short of confidence and this win against the scum was just what the doctor ordered. Time to push on and upward.

[/quote]

You're a wanker.

Well done to Rafa, and everyone around him, from Sammy to Kenny. At times like this it really makes a difference if everyone sticks together, and the past few days have been a text book example of LFC solidarity. (Outside of here, of course.)

[quote author=gkmacca link=topic=36712.msg971203#msg971203 date=1256494102]
Well done to Rafa, and everyone around him, from Sammy to Kenny. At times like this it really makes a difference if everyone sticks together, and the past few days have been a text book example of LFC solidarity. (Outside of here, of course.)
[/quote]

Yeah, but.. Rage is a wanker.

[quote author=Loch Ness Monster link=topic=36712.msg971195#msg971195 date=1256493656]
Right team, right formation, right tactics, and right subs. Well done Rafa, today was a good day in work.
[/quote]

Correct

I'm delighted for him today on the back of a dignified response to a mountain of unjustified media criticism over the last week.

So, we're coming out of an awful spell of form with Gerrard and Aquilani to come in and improve our engine room, just 4 points behind man utd. Anyone else still feeling hopeful of a challenge this year?

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=36712.msg971206#msg971206 date=1256494202]
[quote author=Loch Ness Monster link=topic=36712.msg971195#msg971195 date=1256493656]
Right team, right formation, right tactics, and right subs. Well done Rafa, today was a good day in work.
[/quote]

Correct
[/quote]

I was horribly worried about the Torres sub though, even though he'd had shit kicked out of him all game, it kind of had shades of the Yossi sub the other day. Had they equalised, I'd reckon people would pinpoint that as a mistake.

Torres had done nothing but mope about for the previous five minutes so I thought it was necessary

Asked about his decision to start Torres, following the forward's injury, Benitez said: "It was a difficult decision because he was not training, just like Gerrard.

"We needed to decide what to do and talked with him. We decided it was better to start with him. You could see he wasn't 100 per cent fit.

"You could see he was not fresh, but sometimes 80 per cent of Fernando can make a difference.

"We knew he could score, but we knew he was not 100 per cent fit and had to take care of him. We were waiting to replace him, but we knew we had to time it right because we were doing well.

"He had two light training sessions leading up to the game. The main thing, was that he was working with the physios and the fitness coach to make sure he was not at risk.

"He wasn't a risk, so we chose to start with him."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N166212091025-1700.htm

I thought Rafa got it pretty much exactly right.

Putting Yossi in the hole was a good move - though its not like a lot of us haven't been calling for it to happen for weeks. He's clearly our most creative behind Gerrard and Torres so the fact its taken so long is baffling.

What was so good was the intent of the players. Lucas looked free to go forward and his first intent was to get the ball forward rather than check behind him each time. Yossi was intent on running at them, Insua and Johnson the same to differing extents. Even Mascher was going forward more often though his determination to shoot can be utterly exasperating.

Aurelio was about the only positional move I thought was very good - otherwise it was the intent and approach to the game that the players carried out from Rafa which was so encouraging. I'm sure it would have been very tempting in Rafa's mind to take a very controlled approach to the game and make sure we didn't lose 5 in a row but his 4-2-3-1 never really became a 4-5-1 as some feared. If anything it sometimes looked like a 4-1-3-2 and for that he deserves great support. It was a very gutsy approach.

Rafa is the coolest cat I have ever seen on the sideline, always keeps his wits about him and is nothing but class. Ice water in his veins.

True, although I wish he did the 'game over' gesture after the second goal.

When the job was done, he sat down at the 94th minute! Talk about a cool cat.

I had started to wonder if Rafa was the right man for the job, but I must not let my heart rule my head.

The situation is not in Rafas doing, but he deserve some stick for the bad quality of some squad players he signed...these are the FACTS.

Remember to stick by him though the hard times, as well as the good.

after all, you get to enjoy your biscuts after you finish your dinner.

He wants the best for LFC and works tirelessly for this, let me not forget this. Good job Rafael.

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=36712.msg971196#msg971196 date=1256493716]

[/quote]

You're a wanker.
[/quote]

What exactly is wrong with what he's written here..?

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=36712.msg971556#msg971556 date=1256538950]
[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=36712.msg971196#msg971196 date=1256493716]

[/quote]

You're a wanker.
[/quote]

What exactly is wrong with what he's written here..?
[/quote]

Nothing is wrong with it, but its a little bit through the looking glass that a unequivocally joyous win prompts a sort of conciliatory tone from a Liverpool fan.

Anyway, this is supposed to be a happy occasion, lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

being a fan doesn't mean you follow blindly. if that makes me 'a wanker' so be it.

now looking forward to aquaman on tuesday. lets see what he's made off.

Credit to rage, he's not been a twat and ruined this thread.

What a glorious weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom