• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

RAFA, RAFAEL, RAFA, RAFAEL, RAFA, RAFAEL.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
gg1107398.jpg

I've just re-read this thread to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

Fuck me, I wasn't.

You'd better ban me from the site for all our sakes, I am going to bring this up at every opportunity.

Why does being pleased for Rafa the man get twisted to being heresy because he's now the Manager of another team?

Have we lost the ability to recognize individual achievement?, seems a bit sad to make it a partisan issue among our own.

Why does being pleased for Rafa the man get twisted to being heresy because he's now the Manager of another team?

Have we lost the ability to recognize individual achievement?, seems a bit sad to make it a partisan issue among our own.

Thank you clarity.. Exactly what I am saying.

I am pleased for Rafa, and in no way pleased for Chelsea..

The idea that any trophy is 'tinpot' always confuses me. You can only win the league, the FA Cup, the league cup and one European trophy every year. That's if you're lucky enough to be a team that can actually compete for four trophies. How is winning any of these tinpot? Not winning a trophy is tinpot. Load of bollocks.

The idea that any trophy is 'tinpot' always confuses me. You can only win the league, the FA Cup, the league cup and one European trophy every year. That's if you're lucky enough to be a team that can actually compete for four trophies. How is winning any of these tinpot? Not winning a trophy is tinpot. Load of bollocks.

A trophy is trophy as far as i'm concerned.. it always good to win a trophy regardless..

Unless you are Arsenal of course.. that can only seem to win the Emirates Cup these days...

A trophy is trophy as far as i'm concerned.. it always good to win a trophy regardless..

Unless you are Arsenal of course.. that can only seem to win the Emirates Cup these days...

Agreed. Funny how fans of clubs that never win anything always denigrate the achievement of winning something.

No we haven't, people just don't fucking listen. Have a look at some of the posts from last night Jexy, it's gone way beyond "being happy" for Benitez's own personal triumph. Most of us have said we're pleased he gave a big fuck you to them, I've already explained the flipside. And at the end of the day, he wasn't forced into the job, he's beat them enough times to know what they're all about, but he still took it on, so while we all still know that their cretinous fans are undeserving of someone like Rafa, he's the one who who's supped from the poisoned chalice. Hence why I'm not going overboard and why the people that are are just gloating in some personal satisfactory gain, to the point of championing Benitez over everything else, are ignoring connotations to our own personal rivalry with them - what's more important? Basking in the glory of another Benitez European win, as if it disproves everything we didn't already know?. Celebrating Chelsea winning the European Cup is EXACTLY what many of the posts on here smacked of last night. So people seriously don't get it. I think Rurik nailed it with his post in fairness, but some fans have gone ridiculously overboard.

I was just pleased for Rafa personally. I was guilty of genuinely not considering the possibility that would be mistaken for some sort of tacit support for Chelsea.

I'm interested in Benitez (as I would be for a ex-player for example) because of his association with LFC. I think he's done well and wanted to say it.

Guess what? I didnt even watch the match. I had better things to do. I went to watch my grandson's Dromin Utd U9s play in the Drogheda Schoolboy's Shield Final. They won 1 - 0. One of the best matches I've watched all season.

After he had collected his winners medal we went to my daughter's house and saw the last twenty minutes of the game. Chelsea got the winner. Nobody was arsed. Someone said "good goal" . Someone else said "nobody on the posts". The game ended and I couldnt have cared less who won. But I was, and am, delighted for Rafa because I like Rafa, and I like the fact that those chelsea cunts hate him, and all of a sudden they dont know how they should feel about him. Because I hate chelsea and their plastic flag waving fans and every fucking thing they stand for. The fact that they won Europe's equivalent of the Championship means nothing to me.

If that makes me a bellend in some peoples eyes then well and good. If that means putting my name on a list that should be resurrected at regular intervals, as was suggested, then thats well and good too.

I was just pleased for Rafa personally. I was guilty of genuinely not considering the possibility that would be mistaken for some sort of tacit support for Chelsea.

I'm interested in Benitez (as I would be for a ex-player for example) because of his association with LFC. I think he's done well and wanted to say it.

Fair enough, like I said, the "fuck you" to them is nice to see, on one hand. But the consequence is that they're not arsed either way because the history books will just say they, Chelsea Football Club, won another trophy. Benitez' honours will read that he did it again in Europe, it doesn't really bring anything new to the table.

No, you don't get it.

I don't give a fuck about Chelsea winning a cup, they are about 10 behind us in European trophies and further behind in leagues. They have a long long way to go before I start really giving a fuck about them winning.

This is about one of our best managers, who has been abused by his own fans, going on to win a trophy in spite of it. I'm delighted for Rafa. The fact that Chelsea also won is just a minor inconvenience.
Nailed.

I'm chuffed for Rafa. Not for Chelsea. I can't see why people don't understand this.

Nailed.

I'm chuffed for Rafa. Not for Chelsea. I can't see why people don't understand this.

Neil, we do mate, perhaps you had to be around to see what some posters were like on here last night, and the extremes some are taking the personal gloating to. At the end of the day, that soulless lot have won another trophy thanks once again to the powers that be (it's usually money or them using some poor fucker - or both).

Even the clueless Chelsea fans know it wasn't an individual achievement

Neil, we do mate, perhaps you had to be around to see what some posters were like on here last night, and the extremes some are taking the personal gloating to. At the end of the day, that soulless lot have won another trophy thanks once again to the powers that be (it's usually money or them using some poor fucker - or both).
I agree, that seeing Chelsea lift another trophy is fucking stomach turning. But I'm still happy for Rafa. He can now go out on a good note. A UEFA Cup and a top 3 or 4 finish in the league.

This morning I saw some of the fans being interviewed outside the ground after the game, and of course they were saying it was all down to the players, 100%, and Rafa had nothing to do with it. Cunts. Obviously picked up some of Ross's drivel about managers somewhere along the line.

Drivel?

Him and Di Matteo won exactly the same average points during the season.

Explain that fuckhead

Chelsea defenders David Luiz and Cesar Azpilicueta saluted interim boss Rafa Benitez after he guided the Blues to Europa League glory.

Benitez's short-term stay at Stamford Bridge, in which he has never won over sections of the fans, is expected to come to an end after Sunday's clash with Everton.

He will sign off with silverware added to the trophy cabinet after Branislav Ivanovic's last-gasp header secured a dramatic 2-1 victory over Benfica in Amsterdam.

Luiz told Sky Sports: "Many people said bad things about him this year, but he is a professional guy with a lot of character and he deserves a title this season. It is fantastic for him.

"He is a fantastic coach, I am so happy with this because he helped me a lot, he taught me many things this year."

And Azpilicueta added: "Football is like this, life is like this. Sometimes you change the players, you change the manager.

"I am very happy with him because I have played a lot of games and he gave me a lot of confidence.

"Life is meant to carry on, his career will carry on. He tried the best for Chelsea, I am a Chelsea player and I am very happy."

Guess what? I didnt even watch the match. I had better things to do. I went to watch my grandson's Dromin Utd U9s play in the Drogheda Schoolboy's Shield Final. They won 1 - 0. One of the best matches I've watched all season.

After he had collected his winners medal we went to my daughter's house and saw the last twenty minutes of the game. Chelsea got the winner. Nobody was arsed.

But... did you change into their kit and join in the photos?

Drivel?

Him and Di Matteo won exactly the same average points during the season.

Explain that fuckhead
Explain what? I never claimed that Rafa was any better than RDM. In fact, (and you can check back if you're that arsed) I thought sacking RDM was a shameful act. Who's to say that if someone else, other than Rafa took the job, Chelsea would've finished worse off? Other than you, that is.

Didn't these shower of prickly cunts boo and jeer during many a minutes silence for the 96.
Anyone that celebrated that last night basically are a band of fuckwits.
Rafa is gone and never ever coming back and soon as the gang of mongs that worship his every move realize that the better.
Shanks would be turning in his grave with the shower cunts we have supporting the club now.
Truly shameful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom