• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match: Man City (N) - Community Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
What we usually do against city. We blitz them, then we ease off slightly.

Feel like I've seen this exact match 10 times
It's possibly not a choice, like they will always have good parts of the game and there's not much we can do other than defend for our lives.

It's possibly not a choice, like they will always have good parts of the game and there's not much we can do other than defend for out lives.

Exactly. It's more conservation of our own momentum by easing off.

Hope we bring on Nunez at half time. Just so Adrain can stop playing the ball into dangerous positions in our midfield.

I’m satisfied (or not surprised) with what I’ve seen so far. Adrian is a good reflex shot-stopper but is patchy otherwise. Alexander Arnold’s back passes are still brainless— he’s no idea who is behind him at all. Great goal, though—that was a pleasant surprise. We’re still in preseason mode.

Oh, and that summariser’s silence at the goal was priceless.

It's possibly not a choice, like they will always have good parts of the game and there's not much we can do other than defend for our lives.

I thought we were excellent for first 20 min and then Man City settled and our press seemed to back off. We suddenly looked more tired and maybe the legs were a little tired from the two-a-days or conserving energy.

Man City also backed off their high line, which we will successfully exploiting. Our line seems 10 yards deeper than normal, as well.

Still looking a tad rusty : VvD, Robbo, TAA, Firmino, Hendo

Good : Matip, Fabs, Adrian

Very good : Diaz, Salah

Superb : Thiago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom