• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Moaning even though we're top of the league

Woland

6CM Addict
I just want to say I'm a big fan of it.

Let's look at the reality. Everyone we've played has been shit. We lost at home to Notts Forest. The minute we play Arsenal we're getting dicked. The minute Robbo gets injured we're fucked. Everyone is going on about Grav like he's the second coming because he played slightly above average against a team we beat every time we play them.

Nah fuck this, we're fucking shite.

I'm not sure I have seen a match this season yet, so I'm influenced by the thoughts of SCM.

We can't be having too many expectations this season really.

Slot's football seems effective but it's never going to be as much fun as Klopp's style.

No real point to make here, but we should enjoy being top of the league while it lasts.

Agreed, some of the posts here are on Paul Tompkins level optimism.
Slot still has a whole lot to prove imo and so do some of the players.

I'll be honest, losing at home to Forest is what's bothering me.
It bothers me too. However we weren't outplayed, statistically or via the eye-test - we just had a shit day all round, unable to break down the low block. It happens, it doesn't mean it's indicative of our level, just that this is still a team getting to know new tactics and manager.

It bothers me too. However we weren't outplayed, statistically or via the eye-test - we just had a shit day all round, unable to break down the low block. It happens, it doesn't mean it's indicative of our level, just that this is still a team getting to know new tactics and manager.
I know it happens. Smash and grabs aren't uncommon in English football, but those blue fuckers in the north west don't leave you much room for error. We now have to compensate for that loss with a win somewhere else. That's the crux of it, because there's no chance Haaland isn't getting a hatrick against Forest at home.

I’m giving Arne credit for grinding out the results especially taking into account he had no help from the cunts above him to improve the squad like he would’ve wanted. Not far off the 100% dream start he could’ve wished for. All he needs to do is grab a few of these players by their heads and slam it together.

We were lucky to beat Wolves yesterday. Fucking rubbish.
Nah. Salah misses an open goal. Salah miss passes the ball when we’re two one one. Szob fires at the keeper from 6yds out. They score a gift. Could have been four nil.
Were we amazing? No. But that could easily have been a much more comfortable win.

It always hard to read these things, especially early days, but I reckon we're behind Arsenal. They look more cohesive and reaching peaking after being on an upward curve for a number or years. That's unsurprising given the squad had largely developed together and the manager has been there a number of years. All involved have done a very good job.

Impossible to write City off, but after multiple years at the top they are due a small blip and with Rodri out, and Haalands tendency to pick up injuries then I don't think they're nailed on the league.

As for us, we will have to get very fortunate/effective at reducing injuries. Additionally Slot will have to prioritise the league if we're to stand a chance. There's still a load of unanswered questions and tougher challenges to face. Despite the promising start I still feel we could finish anywhere in the top five, and if we're still posing a challenge for the league in April then this year will be considered a success in the scheme of things. With so many unknowns about the squad next year then it's hard to see what the long term trajectory looks like. Essentially a second place finish this year will not mean the club are set to be challenging or winning the league after.

I thought about why I'm so non-plussed this year at times I think it's because it's due to Klopp leaving, I feel so into him still and it could be anyone whom took over and it's not Slot's fault. Maybe I got too used to every game being end to end over the last 9yrs and also the fact big 3 players will most likely if not certainly leave. Maybe it's because I'm not really into the whole aura Edwards and Hughes have built up without deserving it but it's a whole combination. Think next year, I will know where the land lies and ready for Slot.

A pleasant surprise to be top. I won’t believe until we are 12 pts clear which is never happening with City and Arsenal in their current form.

I’m just glad it doesn’t seem like it’s all going to go to shit immediately post Klopp which is what happened to Utd post Ferguson and us post Kenny the first time.

A trophy and third will do very nicely this season if we can achieve that I’ll be happy.

15% of the way through the season and we haven’t learnt an awful lot due to the easy fixtures.

Looks at Wolves fixtures and they have City at home next. Fucking hell.

I know it happens. Smash and grabs aren't uncommon in English football, but those blue fuckers in the north west don't leave you much room for error. We now have to compensate for that loss with a win somewhere else. That's the crux of it, because there's no chance Haaland isn't getting a hatrick against Forest at home.
I've thought City have been on the decline for the past couple of seasons, and buying poorly, with Rodri out this is going to be a free for all.

Nah. Salah misses an open goal. Salah miss passes the ball when we’re two one one. Szob fires at the keeper from 6yds out. They score a gift. Could have been four nil.
Were we amazing? No. But that could easily have been a much more comfortable win.
If I remember correctly the xG was 0.56 to 2.64, which is basically what we saw.

I think we were equally lucky and unlucky yesterday

Unlucky - we SHOULD have scored 2/3 more

Lucky -that wolves are the worst team in the league and didn't punish us.

I agree we shouldn't be rushing ahead of ourselves and predicting great things based on our start so far, but IMO this thread so far underestimates that start. I've been pleasantly surprised by the transition from one manager to the other, which has gone a fair bit better than I feared it might, and it's often said (rightly IMO) that teams which win even when they're not playing great themselves are the ones that end up winning titles.

We’re a work in progress with a new manager, but our start couldnt have been much better. We also dicked Milan away and our second string destroyed West Ham at home.

Loads of positives, loads to work on but promising. Really like Slot as well. Lets see where we end up.

We’ve won 7/8 games overall.
We have won when we are duff
We have played duff teams
We have not been tested yet

I think Slot has said as much, no?

No one thinks we have won the league
No one seriously thinks there’s still no questionmarks. There is

But we have passed the initial tests - and that was not a given. But yeah we have looked gash and great in different games

Reactions: jan
I want us to beat those teams that are just below us right now in the league. Also I think us beating Arsenal at home or away will put a dent into their confidence - I honestly believe that if we get beat by City/Arsenal/Villa/Chelsea - those teams will have new-found confidence on where they stand. I honestly think that losing to these cunts is a doubly problematic for the future for us. I think Arsenal are one loss to us away from losing their confidence on challenging for the title. Their attack actually stinks badly and also Chelsea are winning games emphatically against the likes of Brighton because some of these other teams are showing up against them in a gung-ho manner thinking they are managed and as immature as they were last season.

I am counting on the fact that we are harder to beat this season that will make us that extra dangerous, but that fucking Forest result and yesterdays shit show win really disturbs the mind

Going to be honest here. I'm happy with how we've done thus far but will still moan about the need to improve.

But there is actually no level of play we could achieve where I wouldn't be inclined to moan about our deficiencies.

Except for the year where we absolutely battered everyone and won the title at a canter. Where I moaned about how it was getting a bit boring with no sense of jeopardy.

Going to be honest here. I'm happy with how we've done thus far but will still moan about the need to improve.

But there is actually no level of play we could achieve where I wouldn't be inclined to moan about our deficiencies.

Except for the year where we absolutely battered everyone and won the title at a canter. Where I moaned about how it was getting a bit boring with no sense of jeopardy.
How i would love to win it at a canter.

Back
Top Bottom