• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Match thread: Mönchengladbach - Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over. First half had some semblance to a game. Second half was more like training.

Shelvey MOTM. For what it's worth.

[quote author=Buddha link=topic=41228.msg1146379#msg1146379 date=1280671969]
Who on earth is that cunt commentating?
[/quote]

Wasn't he hard to listen to... "ariiigghhht... you look at the teeee-aaaaam.. roooiiiiggghtttt"

Fuckin painful...

Then again what do you expect from Mexicans ;D

What a shit pre-season we've had. Am I the only one that's worried?
We've barely scored a goal while the likes of Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal are scoring for fun against more difficult opponents.
The world cup has probably fucked us the most in comparison to other premier league teams but still. We play Arsenal in two weeks.

[quote author=StevieM link=topic=41228.msg1146396#msg1146396 date=1280672809]
[quote author=Buddha link=topic=41228.msg1146379#msg1146379 date=1280671969]
Who on earth is that cunt commentating?
[/quote]

Wasn't he hard to listen to... "ariiigghhht... you look at the teeee-aaaaam.. roooiiiiggghtttt"

Fuckin painful...

Then again what do you expect from Mexicans ;D
[/quote]

who is this fat fcuker talking now and why is he so sure torres wants to leave?

I only saw the last 10 mins, but it's encouraging to see the best youngsters being given a chance. You've got to think that at least one of Amoo and Sterling will end up being the next Aaron Lennon/SWP: not brilliant, perhaps, but good, speedy, homegrown wingers. Makes a change from seeing the likes of Kuyt, Riera and Aurelio lumbering slowly near the touchline.

[quote author=Modokay link=topic=41228.msg1146398#msg1146398 date=1280673326]
We've barely scored a goal while the likes of Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal are scoring for fun against more difficult opponents.
The world cup has probably fucked us the most in comparison to other premier league teams but still. We play Arsenal in two weeks.
[/quote]

True. We've basically been blooding the reserves and the kids though. What we really need is a better back-up striker, because Wash clearly isn't good enough to lead the team week in week out.

[/quote]Chelsea lost 5-1 to walsall didn't they?

Don't think they've played Walsall. Anyway just checked their fixture list and they've also had a slow start to the season. But my assertion still counts for Man U and Arsenal.
Why didn't sign Chamakh?

[quote author=Modokay link=topic=41228.msg1146405#msg1146405 date=1280673915]
Don't think they've played Walsall. Anyway just checked their fixture list and they've also had a slow start to the season. But my assertion still counts for Man U and Arsenal.
Why didn't sign Chamakh?
[/quote]

We tried to, but he preferred Arsenal didn't he?

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=41228.msg1146407#msg1146407 date=1280674010]
Why didn't sign Chamakh?
[/quote]

[/quote]

He's been immense. It'll be interesting to see how he does in the premiership but from what I've seen he's bound to impress.
They got him for free, that's what pisses me off. Arsenal get Chamakh and we get fucking Voronin.

[quote author=Modokay link=topic=41228.msg1146409#msg1146409 date=1280674256]
[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=41228.msg1146407#msg1146407 date=1280674010]
Why didn't sign Chamakh?
[/quote]

[/quote]

He's been immense. It'll be interesting to see how he does in the premiership but from what I've seen he's bound to impress.
They got him for free, that's what pisses me off. Arsenal get Chamakh and we get fucking Voronin.
[/quote]

It's a good point though.

We keep talking about how skint we are; but there are cheap or even free good signings to be had for a manager who's shrewd or has a good scouting network.

[quote author=FPI Project link=topic=41228.msg1146402#msg1146402 date=1280673573]
[/quote]Chelsea lost 5-1 to walsall didn't they?
[/quote]

The mighty wycombe wanderers in fact

To say that Arsenal, Chelsea and Utd are scoring for fun is just wrong though. They're not enjoying the best pre seeaon either.

[/quote]

Erm.... Slightly knee jerk. We have seen 45 min with the majority of our senior players. The other matches have been matches full of kids. Jesus.

We shouldn't read too much in to pre-seaon, given most of of first teamers have had either not played or had no more than 45 minutes.

In saying that.. we;re clearly trying to avoid spending, even though we probably need to adn Hodgeson looks like he's going to end up with a similar squad, playing similar tactics to last season.

We under-achieved last season and I have no doubt we can do better, but what I think feeds the sentiment that Mokoday is expressing is that there doesn't seem to be any zip in our on-field performances. At the moment we give the impression of a club taht doesn't look like progressing... butno-one really looks sharp as yet.

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=41228.msg1146417#msg1146417 date=1280676601]
To say that Arsenal, Chelsea and Utd are scoring for fun is just wrong though. They're not enjoying the best pre seeaon either.
[/quote]

Their players already know how to play alongside each other. Pre season for them is just selling tickets and getting the fat ones in shape.

Whereas we have serious problems that needed fixing before the season. We've not fixed them, we've wasted this time and it will cost us when the season starts. It's perfectally correct to say it's only kids playing, i can't argue with that. But look at what you're saying. You've failed to achieve something that needed to be done. Just because you have a valid excuse means nothing. This isn't school work or uni exams. We had work to do, the only option was to do it. Instead, as usual, we've used some reason to excuse ourselves. The bottom line is we're just fucking ourselves over.

Results in pre-season count for nothing. We've been unbeaten under Rafa and it didn't make a difference in the season.

At this point everything must be geared towards getting 3 points against the Gooners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom