• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre season friendly: Liverpool vs Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, the difference between the first and second half is like night and day.

Pretty decent in the second half. You can see the defenders actually trying to find a team mate rather than just hoof it, which is encouraging, although at this stage that makes for some slow and (otherwise) fairly aimless exchanges. Progress of sorts.

Pretty decent in the second half. You can see the defenders actually trying to find a team mate rather than just hoof it, which is encouraging, although at this stage that makes for some slow and (otherwise) fairly aimless exchanges. Progress of sorts.
Thanks macca.

*gives everyone else the stink eye*

Agreed. The pitch and heat also makes it impossible to play decent footy.

That high backline AVB wants to install will result in a lot of conceeded goals for Spurs.

I can almost guarantee that when we have our best XI on the pitch against whoever we're playing in the Europa League we'll see some vast improvements.

Praise from the gaffer to the youngsters today. Especially Sterling. Hopefully this means he'll be involved a lot for the first team

Shortest match thread ever?
Took me 10 minutes to lose interest in the game. Played Xbox instead until the 2nd half started.
Heard that the only highlight was Adam injuring Bale.
I enjoyed the 2nd half. We played well at times Shelvey has been impressive.
Robinson came in and did well.
Sterling caused Bassong some trouble on the right and Henderson displayed some good movement and passing.

Praise from the gaffer to the youngsters today. Especially Sterling. Hopefully this means he'll be involved a lot for the first team
Sterling has potential and has shown it in the 3 games but he needs to work on his final pass/cross. It seems he's surprised that's made it to the line, thinks too much and messes up the final pass/cross/shot.

Sterling has potential and has shown it in the 3 games but he needs to work on his final pass/cross. It seems he's surprised that's made it to the line, thinks too much and messes up the final pass/cross/shot.
He's so used to playing on the left, that he's forgot how to cross with his right foot.

Rodgers on Sterling:

"If you look at Raheem Sterling over the last two weeks, he came as a young boy, 17 years old, and he only knew how to beat a defender - but if you look at today's game, he understood when to press and when to be inside. He was playing against an experienced player in Sebastien Bassong and he actually gave him a hard time.

"That's brilliant for me because it shows he's taken it on board. He's thinking about the game. If he does that, and you add that to his talent, he's going to be a very, very good player for the future.

The Premier League duo played out an uneventful goalless draw in the United States, but one moment of incident saw Adam bring down Bale after 18 minutes with a challenge that saw the Welshman withdrawn at half-time.

Bale suffered ruptured knee ligaments after a reckless tackle from Adam in 2010-11, and now Villas-Boas has voiced his anger at Scottish international's actions.

"I think it is a very nasty challenge from Charlie," he said after the game. "The player is gone and he comes in from behind on Gareth's ankle. I did not know the previous history between the two, but I do now.

"It is a difficult one to be fair. You do not want to end up in a game with Liverpool with ten men. Charlie came to me and said something about the challenge.

"I can accept that but I think he should go to the player to say sorry, because if the player escapes hospital it is because he is very lucky.

"The last time [Adam fouled Bale] he was out for three months, and in the end it's the Premier League that suffers without a player of Bale's talent.

"I can never doubt Charlie's integrity but it is a very, very nasty challenge. [Bale] is not okay. He is so-so. It is extremely painful and twisted, his ankle."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom