• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre season friendly: Liverpool vs Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
that could be the best thing Adam has done in a liverpool shirt .

After watching all three matches (yes, I've actually watched them all) this preseason:
I hope Gulacsi starts over Jones on Thursday... he's looked decent and today he stopped hoofing it up the pitch all the time as well.

Jose Enrique looked much better today... I hope Robinson starts some matches for us this year though. He's quality.

Sama and Wisdom looked promising again. I had lost faith in Wisdom but he's looked good so far.

We looked pretty good in the second half today, which isn't surprising looking at who was on the pitch (and who wasn't).

If we're selling Carroll it needs to happen asafp... we definitely could do with some more goalscoring in the side.

Shit match but then again it's pre-season so that's half expected.

Thought we played quite well, kept possession and moved it about but lacked a threat in the final third - nothing new there but with Gerrard, Suarez and Borini in the same side that'll change. Still need one or two more creative players tho, big time.

Skrtel and Carra were solid, Shelvey looked good again in spells but needs to do more, Henderson got on the ball and played quite well tbf, and Sterling still shows alot of promise.
That Eccleston lad doesn't look up to much, can already see Morgan has better movement and eye for a goal.

Wonder why Pacheco, Aqua and Suso weren't involved - anyone know?

I know a lot of people found this game boring but this was my first ever liverpool game live. So for me todays game was as exciting as a 5-4 comeback win against the Mancs.🙂

So many great memories of this game.

Watching Carra coming out for the warm up. My first sight of a LFC legend. Carra acknowledged our cheers with a wave.

Steven Gerrard warming up during second half. He did his stretching right nearby where I was sitting. When he came on the pitch during the second half, my eyes were moist🙂. My wife remarked that was among the happiest she has ever seen me.

Rodgers walked up to us and applauded us. Nice of him to go around applauding all the fans.

After coming back home I watched the highlights and all I can say is wow, watching the game at the stadium gives a whole new perspective on the game.

Borini looked really good when watching live. He is no tricky winger. But he is always on the move, making runs, pressing the opposition, making himself available for the pass. He is a Kuyt replacement no doubt.

Henderson was impressive. Sterling was impressive too. However I thought on a couple of occasions the final ball was lacking. But once he matures he will be a very good player. I dont think he should be loaned out. He has a lot to offer the team.

It was horribly hot today and I am sure it affected the players energy levels.

The Premier League duo played out an uneventful goalless draw in the United States, but one moment of incident saw Adam bring down Bale after 18 minutes with a challenge that saw the Welshman withdrawn at half-time.

Bale suffered ruptured knee ligaments after a reckless tackle from Adam in 2010-11, and now Villas-Boas has voiced his anger at Scottish international's actions.

"I think it is a very nasty challenge from Charlie," he said after the game. "The player is gone and he comes in from behind on Gareth's ankle. I did not know the previous history between the two, but I do now.

"It is a difficult one to be fair. You do not want to end up in a game with Liverpool with ten men. Charlie came to me and said something about the challenge.

"I can accept that but I think he should go to the player to say sorry, because if the player escapes hospital it is because he is very lucky.

"The last time [Adam fouled Bale] he was out for three months, and in the end it's the Premier League that suffers without a player of Bale's talent.

"I can never doubt Charlie's integrity but it is a very, very nasty challenge. [Bale] is not okay. He is so-so. It is extremely painful and twisted, his ankle."

Are you buying into this shit Modo? It wasn't a nasty challenge at all. Clumsy, but reckless? Was it shite.

Are you buying into this shit Modo? It wasn't a nasty challenge at all. Clumsy, but reckless? Was it shite.

Actually thought it was a nasty one tbh - Bale has taken the ball past Adam who comes steaming in with his weaker foot and stamps his studs down on Bale's left foot, it didn't look good.

tumblr_m7wmylsVsj1qe96zno5_250.jpg
tumblr_m7vxgzWIxa1qaqgvfo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_m7vz8xHejk1qizx72o1_500.png
tumblr_m7vrv7cydC1rcttjyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m7vzeoKMYk1rzc5gto1_400.jpg

tumblr_m7wmylsVsj1qe96zno1_500.jpg

so I see we have started to solve the problem of not scoring goals in fine style

still early, wait for it, wait for it........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom