• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Match thread: Mönchengladbach - Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=dmishra link=topic=41228.msg1146341#msg1146341 date=1280668174]
Ok, this Jonjo Shelvey lad is going to be a fucking good player. Quote me on this.
[/quote]
Tell us something we don't know.

[quote author=dmishra link=topic=41228.msg1146341#msg1146341 date=1280668174]
Ok, this Jonjo Shelvey lad is going to be a fucking good player. Quote me on this.
[/quote]

He spreads the ball around very well, very comfortable on the ball. We lack a DM today though, and it shows.

He does, doesn't he? Both feet too. Also, he physically looks the part. Unlike Ince or Dalla Valle who look overwhelmed and are being outmuscled everytime they have the ball.

[quote author=dmishra link=topic=41228.msg1146345#msg1146345 date=1280668531]
He does, doesn't he? Both feet too. Also, he physically looks the part. Unlike Ince or Dalla Valle who look overwhelmed and are being outmuscled everytime they have the ball.
[/quote]

Dalla Valle si by himself against two tree trunks ..... He doesn't have much of a chance! 🙂

Shelvey looks like he could be a decent player.
I thought Cavaleiri was equally culpable for the goal as Ayala though it was a terrible touch to give the striker the chance.
Ecclestone doesn't look up to much while Ince looks disinterested. Dalle Valle not really having much of a chance up front on his own.
Carra looks short of match practice.
Early signs of the potential of the Gerrard/Cole link up play.

Oh and 23Caragold, if you think that the Setanta Ireland commentry is shit(and it is) you should try listening to one of our other channels TV3.
That is why a lot of Irish will watch Sky/BBC/ITV as first choice.

[quote author=dmishra link=topic=41228.msg1146336#msg1146336 date=1280667126]
Insua just got raped by their right-back. Sell him. Please. 🙁

Come back Fiorentina. I beg you.
[/quote]

What?

Hasnt he been sold yet?

Enjoying watching Shelvey who is the standout for us first half, on this showing he looks a better player than Spearing or Lucas. Our internationals understandably look rusty. Think this type of match has come to early for Ince, Eccles and Dalla Valle, their struggling physically against what is a pretty strong Borussia lineup.

Looking forward to seeing Wilson and a few of the other young lads

[quote author=Avmenon link=topic=41228.msg1146352#msg1146352 date=1280669639]
[quote author=dmishra link=topic=41228.msg1146336#msg1146336 date=1280667126]
Insua just got raped by their right-back. Sell him. Please. 🙁

Come back Fiorentina. I beg you.
[/quote]

What?

Hasnt he been sold yet?
[/quote]

Nope. Sky reporting that the deal has officially fallen through.

I like the shape of the team and the style of play. Obviously there are a few players on the pitch that wouldn't be first choice, but apart from that I think we look decent.

Ayala needs to go. Easily flustered centrebacks are no use.

[quote author=FPI Project link=topic=41228.msg1146366#msg1146366 date=1280670763]
Hooray for Aurellio..
[/quote]

Double hooray, he's got the armband!

[quote author=robinhood link=topic=41228.msg1146368#msg1146368 date=1280670826]
I like the shape of the team and the style of play. Obviously there are a few players on the pitch that wouldn't be first choice, but apart from that I think we look decent.

Ayala needs to go. Easily flustered centrebacks are no use.
[/quote]

Started with a 4-4-1-1. Playing a 4-2-3-1 now though. Like the look of the team though. Players playing in position and the absence of Lucas is fresh.

Aquilani on for Cole now.

Gulacsi on for Cavalieri. Looks like Hodgson wants to try everyone.

Also called Shelvey to the touchline for instructions and a pat on the back. Liked the look of that. Giving the lad responsibility.

Shelvey was worth the money. He could play in the first team but we are missing Mascherano big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom