• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

By the way the reason I'm so positive about this squad is because I fucking loved watching them last season. Nunez fucked it up for us, Szob made a bollocks after the first ten games, but the rest of them got it and tried their balls off. That's why, oddly for me, I wasn't kicking off at all. Apart from the manure games obv, which were all a disgrace. I think my negativity was broadly in the early part of the season when Mac was out of his depth at DM, but that got sorted.

Was so happy with Quansah and Bradley coming through. I doubt we'd get a better DM than Endo but Slot seems to think Gravenberch can do it and he knows him better than me.

... But if Gomez really is leaving we better be getting someone else in.

He already got silverware. His mate Van Dijk is leaving next summer, Matip already left.
The stars are aligning.

If a London club comes with a decent offer, he's gonzo.

It's a bit sad, but our entire league/CL winning team could be gone before the start of the next season (except some who were fringe players back then)
They should be gone. It’s over half a decade ago. The crime is we haven’t refreshed well during that period.

You can’t refresh the squad if you don’t buy anyone.
Only team in the top 7 leagues not to buy anyone in Jan and Summer.

We lost 0-3 in Anfield, in Europe.

We should have beaten that lot and won the cup.

I still remember plenty celebrating when we got the draw. Together with the "Good draw, we will meet Alonso in the finals" narrative.

Arrogance isn’t the same as being embarrassed - Atalanta were the better team and deserved the win - a few too many people made the mistake of underestimating them.

The difference between us and most of these other clubs is that we have had a manager that could develop players through coaching.
And the beautiful bald legend Arne seems to be the exact same type.

Ten Hag. 3rd year at Utd, spent a ton each season. First press conference: «we’re not ready and the team isnt ready».

Slot: first season, no signings, short pre season on several players. «We’re ready. Looking forward to it».

Attitude, ability to coach and just be a hands in pockets kind of guy when you take the lead in your first game.

Just love the Dutch bald eagle already.

The difference between us and most of these other clubs is that we have had a manager that could develop players through coaching.
And the beautiful bald legend Arne seems to be the exact same type.

Ten Hag. 3rd year at Utd, spent a ton each season. First press conference: «we’re not ready and the team isnt ready».

Slot: first season, no signings, short pre season on several players. «We’re ready. Looking forward to it».

Attitude, ability to coach and just be a hands in pockets kind of guy when you take the lead in your first game.

Just love the Dutch bald eagle already.

I almost fell off my chair laughing when I heard Ten Hag had said that. He really is a fucking joke. HOW have they justified not sacking the lemon? It's completely amazing.

I suppose. If we really think about it, Edwards & Hughes have been busy and the one signing they did make was the one that absolutely has to work regardless of what others signings are or are not made - and that’s Slot.

He clearly backs himself and his methods and he’s not going to moan about things.

WHEN we win the quad this season, there will still be people on here moaning about the transfers

And blaming Trent, saying we should have sold Mo 5 years ago and signed Kudus for 50p when he was still a tadpole in his dads nutsack.

Liverpool's Summer Silence: Financial Fair Play, Competition and a Forgotten Password​

Liverpool FC have stunned the football world by indicating they will not be making any signings this summer transfer window. The club, renowned for its ambitious transfer policy, has opted for a surprising stance that has left fans, pundits, and rival clubs alike scratching their heads.

A combination of factors has led to this unprecedented decision. Firstly, the looming shadow of Financial Fair Play (FFP) has cast a long and ominous presence over Anfield. With the club having spent heavily in recent seasons to overhaul their squad, a period of consolidation is seen as necessary to comply with the stringent financial regulations. Sources within the club have revealed that every pound is being scrutinized, and the decision to abstain from the transfer market is a proactive measure to avoid potential FFP breaches.

Secondly, the relentless competition for top talent has made the transfer market a fiercely contested battleground. With clubs across Europe flush with cash, the price tags attached to even moderately talented players have skyrocketed. Liverpool's recruitment team has concluded that the inflated valuations in the current market do not represent fair value, making it difficult to justify spending exorbitant sums on new players.

Perhaps the most bizarre factor influencing Liverpool's transfer inactivity is a rather mundane one: the loss of a crucial password. It has been revealed that the club's sporting director, Richard Hughes, has forgotten the password to his computer, which contains the club's entire transfer database. This seemingly trivial issue has had a domino effect, disrupting the entire transfer strategy. While the club insists this is merely a temporary setback, it has undoubtedly contributed to the overall delay in transfer activity.

The decision to forego signings this summer is undoubtedly a bold one and will undoubtedly attract criticism. However, the club's stance is rooted in a pragmatic approach to financial management and a desire to avoid overpaying for players in an inflated market. While the forgotten password incident adds a touch of farce to the situation, it is unlikely to have a long-term impact on the club's transfer plans.

Liverpool fans will undoubtedly be disappointed by the lack of new faces, but they will also appreciate the club's commitment to financial prudence. As the transfer window draws to a close, the focus will shift to how the current squad can be maximized, and whether the absence of new signings will impact the team's performance on the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom