• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

It’s almost as though those “in the know” don’t know anything more than us!!!
But even news stories wise. Usually theres 99.9% of bullshit spouted about us, with little actual knowledge. Doesn't even seem to be spurious bullshit being spouted

But even news stories wise. Usually theres 99.9% of bullshit spouted about us, with little actual knowledge. Doesn't even seem to be spurious bullshit being spouted

Just take Bluebells retirement as a bonus.

Bloody hell, just googled Nat Phillips and found out he signed a contract extension last summer and so he is STILL on the books for one more more season!

We're still going to be saying that in ten years. Forum meme like the Coutinho money.

I am very surprised the Salah to Saudi nonsense hasn't restarted

Wht’s the first day back of full training?

Actually when do the international players return? Most of first team!

Trent
Gomez
Van Dijk
Gackpo
Diaz
Nunez
Mac Allister
Alison
Konate

Just take Bluebells retirement as a bonus.
What can I say, the press take my lead and as I am not suggesting players, they're finding it difficult to write content.
Seriously though, there's two major tournaments going on, we have whole new management and backroom, and the Dutch Phil Mitchell only arrived last week.
As a new manager you want to assess at the very least players that are at your disposal, so Morton, Steph and Bruno Mars need a fair crack of the whip to claim a place in the team. Without more departures there isn't enough room for extra players. In all honesty I would rather get no players in then get the wrong players. To get the right players takes time, and there's very little of that this transfer window.

Agreed, it's not ideal, but there are gaps that can be addressed in the interim.

Very few would argue that we do not need a CB to pick up the games of Matip and cover Konate injuries. Additionally a right sided attacker that can offer pace and go eitherway with the ball. For me, Slot and Hughes do not need to wait for the squad to come back to identify those issues as they'll exist regardless of system and style of play. This isn't a criticism but I would hope there is some work going on behind the scenes to address.

Agreed, it's not ideal, but there are gaps that can be addressed in the interim.

Very few would argue that we do not need a CB to pick up the games of Matip and cover Konate injories. Additionally a right sided attacker that can offer pace and go eitherway with the ball. For me, Slot and Hughes do not need to wait for the squad to come back to identify those issues as they'll exist regardless of system and style of play. This isn't a criticism but I would hope there is some work going on behind the scenes to address.
Totally agree. You can argue we do not need a replacement for Thiago Alcantara but it's clear we need to address the Centre Back and Right Wing Forward areas. I'd also be pretty sure they know what the intentions are for the goalkeepers, so that could be another area to address.

Wht’s the first day back of full training?

Actually when do the international players return? Most of first team!

Trent
Gomez
Van Dijk
Gackpo
Diaz
Nunez
Mac Allister
Alison
Konate
Answering myself as just seen this TIA post
Liverpool will begin their pre-season training schedule later this week, as Arne Slot welcomes back a number of his key players heading into 2024/25.

After a wait that has seemed longer than usual, the Reds will return to the AXA Training Centre for the start of pre-season training this week
With the club giving little away in terms of their plans for Slot’s first summer, it was unclear exactly when his squad would start fitness tests and medical checks.

But it is now known that Liverpool will start pre-season on Friday, with a mixed group of key players and fringe figures due back.

Mohamed Salah will lead that initial squad, as one of as many as 16 first-team playersset to be involved on day one, having enjoyed a lengthy break after Egypt duty.

Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliott, Jarell Quansah, Wataru Endo, Kostas Tsimikas, Caoimhin Kelleher, Conor Bradley and Stefan Bajcetic are among the most senior players expected back.

They are likely to be joined by the likes of Ben Doak, James McConnell, Bobby Clark, Jayden Danns and returning loanees such as Sepp van den Berg, Fabio Carvalho and Nat Phillips.

Liverpool’s academy sides have already begun pre-season, with the U21s and U18s returning to their area at the AXA on Monday morning.

Some of those within that group will be called up to first-team training over the course of the summer, while Slot’s ranks will increase in the coming weeks.

Dominik Szoboszlai, Andy Robertson and goalkeeper Vitezslav Jaros were knocked out of the Euros at the group stage, meaning they will be the next back after post-season holidays.

It remains to be seen how involved Slot will be in these first training sessions, but the 45-year-old will be looking to make an imprint early on.

He can do so in front of the media on Friday morning, with Slot’s first press conference as Liverpool head coach to be held at the training ground at 11am.

Totally agree. You can argue we do not need a replacement for Thiago Alcantara but it's clear we need to address the Centre Back and Right Wing Forward areas. I'd also be pretty sure they know what the intentions are for the goalkeepers, so that could be another area to address.

We don’t need a replacement for Thiago - but we do need a DM, as we don’t have one that’s under 30 and over 20.

Needs to be physically strong, technically good and good footballing intelligence to receive the ball from the back line and progress it quickly with short passes up the pitch while holding a deep defensive position, but also good enough to rotate forward with other midfielders.

Basically, a more physical version of Mac A or a younger Endo… or a Badger that can stay fit for longer than 15 mins per season.

I would guess the agents would’ve got everything done in principle and just need to have the player sign it.
The agents will hide behind "I need to discuss it with the player" and at times the club will want to play them off against each other as well, so best to have them both available.

Just hang around the England bench and pass Trent a pen and contract. It's not like he's coming on anytime soon. 90 minutes to ask questions and speak to your agent.

Pass Gordon a copy too while we're there.

Any truth in this then?

Liverpool are still making frantic attempts to sign Mats Wieffer, but they seems to have taken action too late. Feyenoord has a verbal agreement with Brighton for €30m plus large bonuses. [Marcel Van De Kraan for
@telegraaf
]

Any truth in this then?

Liverpool are still making frantic attempts to sign Mats Wieffer, but they seems to have taken action too late. Feyenoord has a verbal agreement with Brighton for €30m plus large bonuses. [Marcel Van De Kraan for
@telegraaf
]
Brighton do have an AWFUL LOT of money so probably

Back
Top Bottom