• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

They are conducting polls where? Is the strategy of our new data science team to conduct polls on forums and use this information to drive player purchases?

Michael Edward's private whatsapp group for real.

He’s just turned 29 - which means he has less than a year before he “won’t have the legs” to play in a top Premier League midfield.

Besides - it sounds suspiciously like a nudge to Juventus to get a new contract offer together pronto.
We have tried and failed with the young and athletic kind in Jones, Szobo and Grav. They blow hot and cold and cannot be relied upon when the stakes are down. When will they matured? Who knows.

I am leaning back towards the tried and tested kind, aka Gini / Hendo in their late 20s. They show up for every game.

No fucking way. Fabio gonna be our own Musiala. For real.

Still like us to sign Musiala though, what's better than 1 Musiala?

Musiala and Xavi Simons that's what.

Can imagine Thiago Morton pinging balls to them...

Currently the competition at six is Endo, Mac Allister, who should be playing elsewhere, and Bajectic, who has not proven himself at this level in a deeper role, and has not kicked a ball to 12 months. If the offer is sizeable then fair enough, but there is a clear pathway into the team. We all know the market for a six is limited and the players are in over-valued, which is a further reason to give him a year. PL minutes will only increase his value regardless. Plus if we go to a 4231 there's even more opportunities.

All in all I think it's worth giving him a year to break in.

We have tried and failed with the young and athletic kind in Jones, Szobo and Grav. They blow hot and cold and cannot be relied upon when the stakes are down. When will they matured? Who knows.

I am leaning back towards the tried and tested kind, aka Gini / Hendo in their late 20s. They show up for every game.

I’ll see your 3 young’uns and raise you a Thiago.

I’m all for signing a new DM - but we signed an old one last year, and as good as he was, we end up needing another one this year - so signing Rabiot, who’s likely want a fortune, means we’ll likely be talking about signing someone else for the role in 12 months.

No on-sale value, contracted till he past his best - not a good deal for us - can’t see an Edwards appointed recruitment dept touching him with a barge pole.

Mats Wiefer, on the other hand, is one available at a good price that looks ready to take the step up - unfortunate to miss the Euros due to injury. Feyenoord are a team we know we can deal with - he’s exactly what we need.

Diaz
Nunez
Gakpo

Would Edward have sanctioned signings? More functional “coach able” players that a once in a generation manager can use. But ultimately too average for most top level signings?

It sets standards. Imagine villa come in for one of our players. A benchmark has been set.

I’ll see your 3 young’uns and raise you a Thiago.

I’m all for signing a new DM - but we signed an old one last year, and as good as he was, we end up needing another one this year - so signing Rabiot, who’s likely want a fortune, means we’ll likely be talking about signing someone else for the role in 12 months.

No on-sale value, contracted till he past his best - not a good deal for us - can’t see an Edwards appointed recruitment dept touching him with a barge pole.

Mats Wiefer, on the other hand, is one available at a good price that looks ready to take the step up - unfortunate to miss the Euros due to injury. Feyenoord are a team we know we can deal with - he’s exactly what we need.
Nah, Thiago was always a sicknote, a luxury player at best.

I am not saying it should definitely be Rabiot but you can see the best midfielders in the world are usually the tried and tested, rarely the young and upcoming. I do not want another young upstart, but a solid midfielder who has been performing week in week out already. Any midfielder who had been consistently playing 30-35 games at a high level for the last 5-8 seasons and playing well we should be looking at.

The problem is if they are in their early / mid 20s they will cost alot of money.

A sale with a buyback clause is probably the best bet... or another loan.

We are probably not in a position to give him consistent game time and his style appears to overlap quite a bit with Trent's.

We need another season to figure out who we are going to build our midfield around and to sort out the Trent problem (ideally by getting him back to being a proper RB).

We are probably not in a position to give him consistent game time and his style appears to overlap quite a bit with Trent's.

We need another season to figure out who we are going to build our midfield around and to sort out the Trent problem (ideally by getting him back to being a proper RB).

These “buyback clauses” sound better than they are - I can’t think of any that has ever worked out.

Nah, Thiago was always a sicknote, a luxury player at best.

I am not saying it should definitely be Rabiot but you can see the best midfielders in the world are usually the tried and tested, rarely the young and upcoming. I do not want another young upstart, but a solid midfielder who has been performing week in week out already. Any midfielder who had been consistently playing 30-35 games at a high level for the last 5-8 seasons and playing well we should be looking at.

The problem is if they are in their early / mid 20s they will cost alot of money.

Fabinho, Rice, Kante & Rodri all signed for top teams aged 25 or under - that’s pretty much the luck of DM’s in England over the last decade.

I agree we don’t need another u21 player and I agree that’s someone with a bit of experience would be idea at least a couple of full seasons.

I just don’t see the point in signing a short term fix - we did that last years with Endo.

These “buyback clauses” sound better than they are - I can’t think of any that has ever worked out.

Those f*kers from PSG put a buyback clause in Xavi Simon's contract and it's working out beautifully for them. It definitely gets you some extra money at the very least.

They sure haven't ever worked out for us, mainly because we've never made the "mistake" in letting a top talent go.......the decision isn't even hard because our scouting is so shit and we have this really annoying habit of keeping all our graduates around until they're 21/22, wasting away their whole youth career when they should be on loan learning their trade and getting a feel for what men's football is actually about.

So no we're not in the same boat as your Chelsea's, PSG's and Madrid's when it comes to exercising shitty buy back clauses.

They sure haven't ever worked out for us, mainly because we've never made the "mistake" in letting a top talent go.......the decision isn't even hard because our scouting is so shit and we have this really annoying habit of keeping all our graduates around until they're 21/22, wasting away their whole youth career when they should be on loan learning their trade and getting a feel for what men's football is actually about.

So no we're not in the same boat as your Chelsea's, PSG's and Madrid's when it comes to exercising shitty buy back clauses.

Can't think of too many that we've sold where we might've later wanted to exercise the clause.

Solanke, maybe.

Why not give him the preseason to see how he does? If Leipzig thinks he has potential, then he could save us £50m.
CJ is another Culvert Lewin, does okay when he is available but misses huge chinks of the season

Buyback clauses are good, we usually are just selling players who are never gonna be good enough for us

Back
Top Bottom