• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

You haven't got the first clue what you're talking about you punk.
Well, it's nothing new. I have been reading some weird postings lately. Maybe it's some weird Klopp withdrawal symptoms.

"Fabio is good enough for our first team."
"Doaks is an excellent prospect."
"Curtis Jones is as good as Szoboslai."

Well, it's nothing new. I have been reading some weird postings lately. Maybe it's some weird Klopp withdrawal symptoms.

"Fabio is good enough for our first team."
"Doaks is an excellent prospect."
"Curtis Jones is as good as Szoboslai."

OK punk, have it your way.

Not sure he has shown a sustained run of performances to justify anywhere near what you are claiming. Grav, the jury is out. But Szobo's first half last season was better than any run Jones had put together in his long 5 seasons with us. It's not even close.

Szobo's first third of the season was brilliant. Looked world class. The rest was utter muck. He's got a lot to do this season to show that last fall wasn't the outlier (or that we didn't break him).

I'm hopeful that we will get a RW and lb before the windows out; providing we get zubi. If we don't then instill think we need a 6; even if gravy has looked alright there

Szobo's first third of the season was brilliant. Looked world class. The rest was utter muck. He's got a lot to do this season to show that last fall wasn't the outlier (or that we didn't break him).
I agree. Together with Jones and Grav, Szobo was at best ok to terrible in the 2nd half of the season.

His first half of the season was full of promise though and was better than anything we had seen from midfield in a long time.

Jones is a valuable squad player at worst, and imo easily better than someone like Gravenberch and on a par with Szoboszlai.

Plus he's a scouser.

Szobo's promise during the first third of last season was way higher than what Jones had shown for us. I have been a big supporter of Curtis Jones.

Having said that, if Jones had Szobo's looks, confidence, and personality, I think he would get much more support.

Szobo's promise during the first third of last season was way higher than what Jones had shown for us. I have been a big supporter of Curtis Jones.

Having said that, if Jones had Szobo's looks, confidence, and personality, I think he would get much more support.

Jones lacks confidence? Eh?

I've always said doaks end product was his issue. Even compared to Elliott at the same age he looked light years behind. Time will tell at another club
Yeah I really liked the idea of Doaks : pacy, very tricky, can go past people, however his passing is average at best and a winger needs to have assists and goals (cf. criticism of Diaz on this forum).

So Fabio going gone gone.

Rhys and Nat gone (baffling how either are still here)

Sepp going? Clark going? And Doak too (because he isn’t the complete player at 18? - perfect sense btw)

Then surely we’re intending on bring at least 2 bitches in?

What’s the latest on the Spanish Joe Allen? Cunt coming or not?

So Fabio going gone gone.

Rhys and Nat gone (baffling how either are still here)

Sepp going? Clark going? And Doak too (because he isn’t the complete player at 18? - perfect sense btw)

Then surely we’re intending on bring at least 2 bitches in?

What’s the latest on the Spanish Joe Allen? Cunt coming or not?
He’s ran off with one of our tents to the mountains, that bitch is gone.

He’s ran off with one of our tents to the mountains, that bitch is gone.
Hope Hughes tells him, his twat agent and Sociedad all to fuck off, hope they finish 7th outside Europe and that Nyoni’s a better talent anyway.

5 days to “think about” moving to a club that will make your profile soar, not only in name but value. Not angry, just disappointed.

The world is bleak in B&W

It must be soul destroying to be so so good and yet be passed over at their age. Let's see if it is so, hope if it is he gets a great club (and we get a great fee) ! ..... and sell on
Yeah its sad but unfortunately part of the game. Unlike Carvalho and Sepp, Bobby seems settled and happy at LFC.
Looks like he's moving to Austria now. Pep wants him at Salzburg and that's a great place to excel.
The fact that he apparently is fit but didn't take part in yesterday's friendlies says a lot.

The culling has begun.

i wonder how this would’ve gone with Kloppo still here. it feels like he and others put in a lot of hard work to generate one of the strongest groups of youngsters i can remember.

hopefully we’re not going to waste that but the reality is that so few kids make it to the level the first team requires and even fewer later bloomers do so.

carvalho would definitely be flogged if klopp was here so we haven’t made any changes he wouldn’t have yet but i don’t think he’d sell clark or doak. time will tell if we’re making mistakes but i suppose that can be mitigated with clever clauses.

Money for new signings have to come from somewhere, not gonna magically appear out of John’s pocket is it, so if Mo is staying, if Diaz is staying, if Trent is staying, Jones Harv Gomez Kelleher etc all staying. Then off ya pop kids.

Been this way for 14 long gruelling years, it’s not going to change people.

Money for new signings have to come from somewhere, not gonna magically appear out of John’s pocket is it, so if Mo is staying, if Diaz is staying, if Trent is staying, Jones Harv Gomez Kelleher etc all staying. Then off ya pop kids.

yea i’m not disagreeing with the strategy, we might be doing the right thing and klopp may have been too conservative / loyal

i wouldn’t be surprised if one or two of those you listed leave though

i wonder how this would’ve gone with Kloppo still here. it feels like he and others put in a lot of hard work to generate one of the strongest groups of youngsters i can remember.

hopefully we’re not going to waste that but the reality is that so few kids make it to the level the first team requires and even fewer later bloomers do so.

carvalho would definitely be flogged if klopp was here so we haven’t made any changes he wouldn’t have yet but i don’t think he’d sell clark or doak. time will tell if we’re making mistakes but i suppose that can be mitigated with clever clauses.
Klopp was renown for hanging onto players when he should have let them go.
Good players aren't good enough for us - they need to be outstanding. I'm keeping my powder dry for the moment.

I'm honestly a bit surprised that we're "OK" with selling him now, but I can kinda see why.

Do you think Doak is on the same level as Raheem or Sterling at the same age?

Objectively no.

Unfortunately, that's the level he needs to reach if he wants to be a starter for LFC.
Yeah - Doak has a bit of the *Jay Spearing* aura about him. I.e., never gonna be good enough. I'm almost certain he will never make it at an elite level.

Most of these players are at an age where they need games to improve. Morton is 21 and at that age should’ve made it already. It’s no surprise he is leaving.

Clark is entering that phase where he could be too could for reserve football but not enough to play first team for Liverpool. Telling the kid we will give you at least 1 league cup game and maybe an FA cup game or two isn’t fair on the player nor the club.

Doak is a weird one. He’s already lost two years of development due to injuries. To me flatters to deceive and part of me thinks the player is agitating for a move. It’s not our usual style to have a youth player available to buy or loan. It’s normally one or the other.

[Pearce] Red Bull Salzburg step up their pursuit of Liverpool midfielder Bobby Clark.

Latest offer €9.6m (£8.2m). Won’t be enough to secure his services but discussions ongoing. #LFC

Most of these players are at an age where they need games to improve. Morton is 21 and at that age should’ve made it already. It’s no surprise he is leaving.

Clark is entering that phase where he could be too could for reserve football but not enough to play first team for Liverpool. Telling the kid we will give you at least 1 league cup game and maybe an FA cup game or two isn’t fair on the player nor the club.

Doak is a weird one. He’s already lost two years of development due to injuries. To me flatters to deceive and part of me thinks the player is agitating for a move. It’s not our usual style to have a youth player available to buy or loan. It’s normally one or the other.
I think Clark, Morton and McConnell are all going to have to move on because we already have a full roster of first teamers and they are great money generators to fund the gaps we do need to fill.

Szobo
Mac Allister
Curtis
Endo
Elliott
Gravenberch
Bajcetic
(Zubi Tuesday)

Of the three I'd most inclined to retain Clark but as you say, he'd not get a look in so why ruin his career?

Relative to Szobo, yes. Jones is a quality player. Been a big supporter of him since he scored that goal against Everton in the FA cup.

I think the biggest issue Curtis has is staying fit. That and probably that nobody knows what his best position is.

Very talented and good player which is great to have in the squad. Not a starter but squad.

Back
Top Bottom