• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

The only way this makes any sense is if we’ve identified a pile of other youths we want to bring in.

Loan = yes… sale??? Well it would have to be something stupid right.. like £40m+ stupid… right???

If Doak, Clark, Gordon, Danns, Koumas are all sold/loaned out, surely we will bring in some attacking options? 😳

Danns wont be loaned out. Injured for 2 months.

A loan would have been good for Doak, but Slot must have not seen enough this summer. Fair enough.

I'm honestly a bit surprised that we're "OK" with selling him now, but I can kinda see why.

Do you think Doak is on the same level as Raheem or Sterling at the same age?

Objectively no.

Unfortunately, that's the level he needs to reach if he wants to be a starter for LFC.

If Doak, Clark, Gordon, Danns, Koumas are all sold/loaned out, surely we will bring in some attacking options? 😳
The only one among those players I want to see more of is Danns.
The rest + McConnell just aren't good enough.
We all know how loyal Klopp was, but when it mattered, he fucked them off too.
Danns scores two goals in the FA cup and doesn't see the light of day again. Bit strange isn't it?

There's two "real" prospects imo, Bajcetic and Nyoni.
Morton, Elliott, Bradders, Quansah have already made it.

If Doak goes on loan we actually have no backups to the front 5 right?

Maybe Arne sees Szobo / Elliot / Trent as options in the event we don’t buy anyone.

If Doak goes on loan we actually have no backups to the front 5 right?

Maybe Arne sees Szobo / Elliot / Trent as options in the event we don’t buy anyone.
No, even with Doak around we should have looked for another RW.
I'm still holding out for a deadline deal. How har can it be to convince someone to back up Salah for a season then take over.

I'm honestly a bit surprised that we're "OK" with selling him now, but I can kinda see why.

Do you think Doak is on the same level as Raheem or Sterling at the same age?

Objectively no.

Unfortunately, that's the level he needs to reach if he wants to be a starter for LFC.

Bullshit.

Very few of even the best players were at Sterling's level at 17.

It's way harder than that to tell which kids will ultimately be good enough.

Selling lads like Clark and Doak before they've even really been tested in the professional game seems waaaay too hasty for my liking. Sooner or later this will bite us on the arse. And also, how does it look to the next crop of youngsters we want to sign, which we've been able to do largely with the promise of a fair crack of getting into our first team squad?

Highly questionable policy in my view.

Quansah was an indifferent loanee at Bristol Rovers just over a year ago. Now he's on the verge of the England team. Patience is key.

Bullshit.

Selling lads like Clark and Doak before they've even really been tested in the professional game seems waaaay too hasty for my liking. Sooner or later this will bite us on the arse. And also, how does it look to the next crop of youngsters we want to sign, which we've been able to do largely with the promise of a fair crack of getting into our first team squad?

Quansah was an indifferent loanee at Bristol Rovers just over a year ago. Now he's on the verge of the England team. Patience is key.
I think it's different for CB's.
Thats probably the only position where we've been too quick to get rid of players.
Look at VDB, Paletta, Ayala, San Jose etc.

Tell me in the last 20 years which attacker did we sell too soon that would have been made it LFC?
Kent? Wilson? Anderson? Morgan? Woodburn? Dunn? Ejaria? Hammill? Ibe? Sinclair?

I can't come up with one.
So yeah I kinda trust the process on this one.

I don't see anything special with Doaks or Fabio TBH. If they were any good they would have broken through already, or at least come very close to it.

I don't see anything special with Doaks or Fabio TBH. If they were any good they would have broken through already, or at least come very close to it.
Fabio isn’t good enough and Doak has been consistently injured. When he does play he seems to be looking for a fight.

I think it's different for CB's.
Thats probably the only position where we've been too quick to get rid of players.
Look at VDB, Paletta, Ayala, San Jose etc.

Tell me in the last 20 years which attacker did we sell too soon that would have been made it LFC?
Kent? Wilson? Anderson? Morgan? Woodburn? Dunn? Ejaria? Hammill? Ibe? Sinclair?

I can't come up with one.
So yeah I kinda trust the process on this one.

You'd have sold Jones, no doubt. Not an attacker, but also not a CB - for whom you claim it's "different", somehow.

Bradley was in League One the season before last. I'm always ultra-positive about the youngsters, but even I didn't see him becoming a first team player this time last year. Also not a CB.

Even Elliott had a good year or so kind of in the wilderness after his injury - not quite living up to his promise, not really showing obvious potential in any one position, etc. Should he have been sold, too?

Exactly how much promise should our attacking youngsters show, then, in order that you wouldn't "trust the process" of discarding them at the earliest opportunity?

Only those not as good as Owen or Sterling at 17, say? Which would be, as far as I can tell, EVERY young player we've had for the last 30 odd years? Including, btw, Steven Gerrard, who I don't think even played for the England youth teams. Gerrard, who went on the become our greatest ever player, incidentally.

Yeah, you're talking utter shit on this one, I'm afraid.

(A) there have been sufficient credible quotes we are intending to bring in multiple targets
(B) We are not desperate for talent like Spurs or United. We have a squad to challenge already
(C) we have an abundance of riches in youth. Elliott, Bradley, Jarrell and Irish Kev have all made the grade with Bajcetic highly likely to join them. There are only so many we can absorb. If Nyoni, Van den Berg and Danns do make the grade we will have potentially got a third of our first team squad from our academy. No other team comes close

I've always said doaks end product was his issue. Even compared to Elliott at the same age he looked light years behind. Time will tell at another club

Bullshit.

I agree. I keep coming back to some London club thinking that Benik Afobe would turn out to be better than Harry Kane. In fact another London club was ready to offload Kane for some established Spanish international called Soldado. It’s also the fact that not all squad players can be at the top level but there’s an inevitable drop off, not too much. And in recent seasons, these young players have saved us (last year being an example) by stepping up to plug key absences.

If this is true, I hope we’ve spotted someone better in our Academy ranks.

You'd have sold Jones, no doubt. Not an attacker, but also not a CB - for whom you claim it's "different", somehow.

Bradley was in League One the season before last. I'm always ultra-positive about the youngsters, but even I didn't see him becoming a first team player this time last year. Also not a CB.

Even Elliott had a good year or so kind of in the wilderness after his injury - not quite living up to his promise, not really showing obvious potential in any one position, etc. Should he have been sold, too?

Exactly how much promise should our attacking youngsters show, then, in order that you wouldn't "trust the process" of discarding them at the earliest opportunity?

Only those not as good as Owen or Sterling at 17, say? Which would be, as far as I can tell, EVERY young player we've had for the last 30 odd years? Including, btw, Steven Gerrard, who I don't think even played for the England youth teams. Gerrard, who went on the become our greatest ever player, incidentally.

Yeah, you're talking utter shit on this one, I'm afraid.

There's always exceptions, but that's where the eye test comes in. Both Bradley and Elliott were highly rated.
I can't say much about Gerrard because I didn't see him play for the youth teams.

Anyway, I listed a bunch of players in the last 20 years, players I saw play for the youth teams. None of them made it and unfortunately Doak is heading that way too.

Also yes, Jones is an average player at best.
We wouldn't have missed him if he was sold.

There's always exceptions, but that's where the eye test comes in. Both Bradley and Elliott were highly rated.
I can't say much about Gerrard because I didn't see him play for the youth teams.

Anyway, I listed a bunch of players in the last 20 years, players I saw play for the youth teams. None of them made it and unfortunately Doak is heading that way too.

Not if we’d got the all-action, all-pressing Mason Mount instead.

Jones is a valuable squad player at worst, and imo easily better than someone like Gravenberch and on a par with Szoboszlai.

Plus he's a scouser.

Jones in the LCM slot with license to attack is where he excels. Many of his starts have been in more defensive roles. Victim of versitility

Jones is a valuable squad player at worst, and imo easily better than someone like Gravenberch and on a par with Szoboszlai.

Plus he's a scouser.
Not sure he has shown a sustained run of performances to justify anywhere near what you are claiming. Grav, the jury is out. But Szobo's first half last season was better than any run Jones had put together in his long 5 seasons with us. It's not even close.

Not sure he has shown a sustained run of performances to justify anywhere near what you are claiming. Grav, the jury is out. But Szobo's first half last season was better than any run Jones had put together in his long 5 seasons with us. It's not even close.

You haven't got the first clue what you're talking about you punk.

Back
Top Bottom