• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Golden boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the only god knows what happens in the future thing was a Muslim thing and isn't necessarily him flirting with other clubs , I mean if we do win the league and or champions League this season there may well be a feeling of 'completed it' for some of our big names

I'm fairly easy about it as jota absolutely looks like a ready made replacement for either mane or Salah should one leave

But yeah I'll not read into these comments too much

Agreed, looked committed and happy on saturday despite this article.
The way he worked for the team against Spurs shows no let up and is on contract till 2023.

This is surely not the season for spectacular individual goalscoring achievements. If it turns out to be for Salah, then great, but given the nature of the season and the need for rotation it's surely more important than ever that we get goals from all over the team. And so far we're doing that, which is really great to see.

The captain comments were a bit stupid and give further credence to view that he's self centered (which isn't always justified).

As for Real and Barca, I don't read too much into that. And if he is really thinking about that kind of move, he should probably give Coutinho and Hazard a call first.

He probably got an almighty bollocking for the wedding/face mask incident, and maybe he's had a bit of a cob on since then, who knows. I'd assume Klopp will have a quick word and he'll settle back down again. His agent was bragging about how he was planning to move him on after just ONE season with us, so that's always been a 'thing'. I think the fact that the team's become so good has made Salah realise he's fine where he is.

The captain comments were a bit stupid and give further credence to view that he's self centered (which isn't always justified).

As for Real and Barca, I don't read too much into that. And if he is really thinking about that kind of move, he should probably give Coutinho and Hazard a call first.
Yep, plus will Real or Barca even be interested in such a move? Barca are skint and an absolute shambles at the moment. Real would probably want to sign Mbappe. In any event, they'd be wary of signing someone older after the Hazard debacle.

Unless he wants to move to a club like Inter or Juventus or Bayern (and none of them would really be inclined to afford him), I would think Salah is very likely to continue at Liverpool for the foreseeable future.

f9f9ccf1bb141d896ec24d285b009e2a.jpg

I wonder if there is a bit of a 'rona hangover effect, as whilst he still looks dangerous and gets into dangerous positions as he always did, since he came back from illness he seems to have lost a little bit of edge - not quite as clinical, first touch not quite as deft...

I mean I know to all outward appearances he's fine, but there's stuff coming out about these 'long covid' effects for all kinds of shit, and at that elite athlete level where tiny margins make a difference, perhaps it could be a factor?
Hamilton said he lost 6kg of muscle mass in the 10 days he had COVID. Given how explosive Mane is I think you're theory is bang on the money.

Very unlikely Mane is suffering from any "long Covid" affect.Seems to me that Mane does go thru hot, cold and luke warm spells from time to time. Covid distrupted the seasonal aspect of the game. During the first extended lockdown players had to stay fit so there's been no real rest since the 19-20 summer break and given the intensity of our play it's hardly surprising one or two are hitting the odd indifferent patch. Look at Bobby, he's had a few problems as well.

City have burn out issues I would imagine, so for our squad, given the injury list, to perform at the level they have, Villa aside, is fantastic. Why Mane even moans when the Boss tries to give him a rest, Salah moans if he doesn't get the skipper's armband. Kids are pushing the Boss week in week out for a place. The hunger, desire to win is still red hot. Mane will want a shot at the Golden Boot so the rivalry with Salah will continue. Loving it.

He's brilliant. And I love his contribution.
And yet . . . there are several players that I "like" more than Salah.
Not sure why, but he just doesn't have that warm and fuzzy "X" factor for me.

I get what you mean... For me it's possible that because he never really does interviews or says much there's less of an inside feel to who he is, and that its just possible he loves playing football and hates everything else. Despite that he seems like a nice guy in the bits that pop up. It's possible (for me anyway) that cos Sadio and Bobby seem quite larger than life in a way that they have more of the overall interesting and coolness about them even if they're all of relative equal talent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom