• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Georgian on my mind

Sounds like us.. need a LB so we sign a GK.

Alissons reign may be coming to an end. Who is going to claim the iron throne?

Its what smart people and clubs do. Plan for the future. If we sign this lad then Alisson have said that he would like to leave in 12-24 months time.
This lad is fucking ace, 23 years old and available for 25 mill.

I’m all for it if it happens.

Could we good business if we then sell Kelleher for a similar amount and keep Jaros. Guess it depends if Kelleher wants to stick around after this.

Rather we sign him than someone else obv. Maybe Alisson wants a new challenge which is fair enough

If true then I would not be surprised if Ali has communicated internally what his departure plans may look like.

When we saw the news about Zubimendi:

sir-smoke.gif

This is a signing that doesn't make sense, so it will probably happen.

Alisson is under contract till 2027, and we have a glut of excellent young keepers in Kelleher, Jaros, Davies & Pitaluga.

If we sign him, it probably means Alisson has indicated he wants to leave next year

Now I have no idea how good this guy is, but people are going to realise just how good Alisson was once he leaves. Truly a once in a generation keeper - replacing him with literally anyone would be a downgrade

I was just about to say that as well. Alisson is 31 and I don't think there any team that we'd sell to, needs and can afford him.

I was just about to say that as well. Alisson is 31 and I don't think there any team that we'd sell to, needs and can afford him.
Inter and Juve are probably the only big clubs in Europe who could do with an upgrade at GK, but not sure they'd cough up the 60 million needed to sign Alisson, and not sure how they would be an upgrade over Liverpool (from Alisson's perspective)

That said, with Klopp's departure, maybe Alisson is looking for a change in scenery. It's been commented on before, but of all our players, Klopp's relationship with Alisson was perhaps the strongest.

This feels like a value-driven deal to me. I've only got the Euros to go on, but the lad looked like a top-drawer keeper, worth a lot more than €30m. Feels like we're signing him as there's a bargain there, rather than a need. Worst case we loan him out for a few years and make a profit further down the line.
Alternatively, if Alisson wants to move on then we can let him go knowing we've got a really good player to replace him.
But I agree that Alisson is a player who belongs in the all-time great conversation, although it's possible that with a different style of play to Klopp's high-line, where we needed a guy who was as good as it gets at one-on-one, that we might not need the same skill-set under Slot.
My only reservation about this deal is whether we could / should be spending the money on someone who will be in first-team contention (most likely extra money towards a first-choice target, as €30m doesn't got very far these days).
The way I'd like to look at this deal is that we've swapped Carvalho for a future number 1 keeper.

This feels like a value-driven deal to me. I've only got the Euros to go on, but the lad looked like a top-drawer keeper, worth a lot more than €30m. Feels like we're signing him as there's a bargain there, rather than a need. Worst case we loan him out for a few years and make a profit further down the line.
Alternatively, if Alisson wants to move on then we can let him go knowing we've got a really good player to replace him.
But I agree that Alisson is a player who belongs in the all-time great conversation, although it's possible that with a different style of play to Klopp's high-line, where we needed a guy who was as good as it gets at one-on-one, that we might not need the same skill-set under Slot.
My only reservation about this deal is whether we could / should be spending the money on someone who will be in first-team contention (most likely extra money towards a first-choice target, as €30m doesn't got very far these days).
The way I'd like to look at this deal is that we've swapped Carvalho for a future number 1 keeper.

I'm all for these types of deals but they're generally done by clubs who have money to spare and as a fanbase we're always told that we have to live within our means and have seen the team suffer for it.

Making a big future play on arguably the strongest position in our squad right now just seems a bit odd.

Maybe Ali has told the club he has enjoyed his time here and would like to experience another country before retiring. We are finally getting off our arses and sorting a succession plan for one of our players.

I'm all for these types of deals but they're generally done by clubs who have money to spare and as a fanbase we're always told that we have to live within our means and have seen the team suffer for it.

Making a big future play on arguably the strongest position in our squad right now just seems a bit odd.
I agree. But I can also see us 3 or 4 years from now, Alisson has run his contract down, leaves on a free, we buy this lad for €100m and the site melts down as everyone asks "Why didn't we sign him in 2024 when we could have got him for €30m?".
But the principle of doing deals like this from a position of strength is absolutely right, and if we look at it in purely goalkeeping terms that's what we're doing, but we should be doing it from a position of strength in the overall squad, which isn't the case.

Maybe Ali has told the club he has enjoyed his time here and would like to experience another country before retiring. We are finally getting off our arses and sorting a succession plan for one of our players.

Maybe he’s jealous of Zubimendi’s opportunity to suck on his mammas titties at will and fancies a bit of Mumma titty sucking himself before he gives himself fully to Jesus.

That seems like an achievable objective and wouldn’t hold it against him. Unlike mamma and her breast.

Nah, we'll do it on keeper. When we have 2 very capable understudies

I actually think it will be a smart move, if we fetch a good fee for Kelleher, who is 2 years older and has only 2 years left on his contract. Despite Jaros' good loan stint last season, he's actually a year older than Mamardashvili, whose valuation is only going to rise.

Post-Shot xG (PSxG) +/- goals conceded:

Untitled.jpg

Mamardashvili, the best goalkeeper of LALIGA EA Sports 23-24 - Valencia CF

Valencia CF goalkeeper Giorgi Mamardashvili continues to grow by leaps and bounds and accumulate great performances this season. The Valencia CF goalkeeper is the goalkeeper who has prevented the most goals (9.7) in LALIGA EA Sports 23-24.

According to Opta -a website specialized in soccer data-, Valencia CF has conceded 131 shots between the posts in these 35 rounds of the domestic competition. Of those 131 shots on goal, the expected goals (xGOT) were 43.7, while the goals conceded were 34 (not counting own goals). Therefore, the Valencianista goalkeeper has prevented a total of 9.7 goals. The goalkeeper who has prevented the most goals in LALIGA EA Sports 23-24.

View: https://x.com/OptaJose/status/1795191424473772474

opta.jpg

Throughout this season, Mamardashvili has become the goalkeeper with the most consecutive starts in LALIGA (69) and has broken his own record for most clean sheets (13) in LaLiga. He is also the goalkeeper, along with Unai Simón, with the most penalty saves (3) this season. He was also nominated for best U-23 player of the month for March in LALIGA EA Sports 23-24.

In isolation this looks clever business, although might upset many of Kelleher, Jaros and Pitaluga who all might have fancied the Alisson succession plan.

However it feels like a bad positioning of priorities and resources against any thing that moves the needle on our squad for this season.

If we are allocating resources to sign him at the expense of others, then yes, I agree. However, I think it's more a case of an good opportunity presenting itself (Valencia's financial woes + lack of competition for his signing during this window).

Btw, worth reminding that Pitaluga - 2 years younger, just had a failed loan stint in Irish league...

I actually think it will be a smart move, if we fetch a good fee for Kelleher, who is 2 years older and has only 2 years left on his contract. Despite Jaros' good loan stint last season, he's actually a year older than Mamardashvili, whose valuation is only going to rise.

Post-Shot xG (PSxG) +/- goals conceded:

View attachment 3585

Mamardashvili, the best goalkeeper of LALIGA EA Sports 23-24 - Valencia CF

Valencia CF goalkeeper Giorgi Mamardashvili continues to grow by leaps and bounds and accumulate great performances this season. The Valencia CF goalkeeper is the goalkeeper who has prevented the most goals (9.7) in LALIGA EA Sports 23-24.

According to Opta -a website specialized in soccer data-, Valencia CF has conceded 131 shots between the posts in these 35 rounds of the domestic competition. Of those 131 shots on goal, the expected goals (xGOT) were 43.7, while the goals conceded were 34 (not counting own goals). Therefore, the Valencianista goalkeeper has prevented a total of 9.7 goals. The goalkeeper who has prevented the most goals in LALIGA EA Sports 23-24.

View: https://x.com/OptaJose/status/1795191424473772474

opta.jpg

Throughout this season, Mamardashvili has become the goalkeeper with the most consecutive starts in LALIGA (69) and has broken his own record for most clean sheets (13) in LaLiga. He is also the goalkeeper, along with Unai Simón, with the most penalty saves (3) this season. He was also nominated for best U-23 player of the month for March in LALIGA EA Sports 23-24.

How's his passing? Composure with the ball at his feet when pressed?

Back
Top Bottom