• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post Match Crystal Palace (A) - Sat October 5th 12:30

Absolutely - in all honesty this away game is always a tricky one for us. I was surprised by how comfortable we were in that first half controlling that game. Then the period of the 2nd half comes and I was more than half expecting it from them, and they had some very good chances. I almost shat myself when Ali came off but that 3rd keeper of ours - he was brilliant when he came on - punching that ball out, and then comes Endo son the Samurai comes on to do the dirty shit at the end which was great.
Not sure if it has been said but Hughes was pushing everyone around when he came on and one of the first things Endo did was that crunching tackle on him to win the ball back high up the pitch. Brilliant.

The final 6 mins was more comfortable than usual in all honesty. We took the ball to the sides, played it around a little bit, we battled and kept the ball (legally). A nice change from the days when we were leading by a goal in the 89th min but still went full throttle towards goal only to not finish it off and have the opponents come roaring back.

I dont agree at all. First 60 mins were some of the best we’ve played this season. Dominant performance but couldnt get the second.
Rode our luck a few times the last 30 mins but overall we deserved the 3 points.

8-16 in shots, 3-8 in corners and 32-68% in posession. We deserved that win and I find it a bit weird to say we were poor.

Macca has already posted that he isnt injured, btw.
WTF Macca you silly bugger. Now he'll have to go away for the internationals. Just keep your mouth shut !

One of our most wasteful games in a long time and Ali dead.

Our attackers still don’t have the intensity we need from them. Jota should have the match ball. Shockingly poor.
Dead? That's a bit of a too strong of a language for what I personally consider to be our best and most valuable player. My thoughts go questions about his training regimen. His hamstrings are obviously not as strong as one would hope, but is he being pushed a bit too much physically given that he is a goalkeeper? Perhaps his physical training loads should be lessened somehow?

Thing about Jota is you can trust him defensively and scrapping for headers and freekicks.

Nunez you can't trust away from home defensively, nor does he give us any hold up play.
This sounds like it could be fair but perhaps not fully. Jota is definitely a scrapper, worker and a busybody. That's why Klopp liked him so much.

Personally, my huge problem with Jota is that he constantly finds himself in striker positions and that he is not a striker. Very often such opportunities are wasted with him in those areas. First half yesterday was a good example and I think a very favourable example for him because he did score a nice striker's goal, which is what he rarely does. He had one very nice goal in the first half, and then he also had an extremely poor mishit. One thing that works in his favour is that Diaz, Salah, TAA and what's left of the Klopp's favourites prefer playing with him as opposed to with Nunez.

Nunez probably is weak at hold-up plays. That is probably fair. He's no Heskey. But do we really utilize our strikers to do hold-up plays? I don't think so. So that thaat may not be very fair. And I think that Nunez is more than willing to run around the pitch and chase balls.

Dead? That's a bit of a too strong of a language for what I personally consider to be our best player. My thoughts go questions about his training regimen. His hamstrings are obviously not as strong as one would hope, but is he being pushed a bit too much physically given that he is a goalkeeper? Perhaps his physical training loads should be lessened somehow?
I don’t think you understand this places definition of dead. It means injured.

I don’t think you understand this places definition of dead. It means injured.
Sure. Personally, I don't like that word used in reference to what I consider to be our most valuable and very best player. Is the point I was making. That's just my personal preference.

And thinking about it some more, I would probably personally not like that word being used in reference to any other of our players. But that, again, is just my own personal preference. Everyone is free to hold their own such views, opinions and preferences. Needless to say.

I've also never heard that term before even though, and also needless to say, I've followed football closely for nearly all of my life. And nowadays, Liverpool Football Club is very globally popular and famous. And English, on the other hand, is the most widespread language around the globe. In different areas and regions of the world it is spoken very differently. Unique and different regional terms and terminologies are commonly developed. I don't think such things should ever bring about disagreements among people. And I certainly didn't mean my earlier message as such. Yes, language is important. But I see those things as just matters of preference.

I really don't understand substitutes who aren't already wearing the gear ready to go to the pitch. Often they some fucking Stars In Their Eyes transformation to enter the action.

Sure. Personally, I don't like that word used in reference to what I consider to be our most valuable and very best player. Is the point I was making. That's just my personal preference.

And thinking about it some more, I would probably personally not like that word being used in reference to any other of our players. But that, again, is just my own personal preference. Everyone is free to hold their own such views, opinions and preferences. Needless to say.
We say a lot worse in these parts. This site is like the Wild West at times.

Hi All,

I am really upset at the thought of selling Endo, surely this Slot guy can use him a bit more when the situation arises and lets be honest those uncomfortable moments in games have come nearly in all our games under him. For all of Gravy, Mac10's good performances together - they are not hardened DM's with the ability to sense danger. I mean him making that crunching tackle with such accuracy, and putting the ball out with his hand to save a goal-kick was awesome to watch and just as good as the feeling when Jota scored his goal. Please launch a campaign to keep Endo.
Best Wishes,

MORON

We definetly need a new striker going forward. Someone who fits our style of play and can score goals.

Sesko seems the obvious choice imho.

I've also never heard that term before even though, and also needless to say, I've followed football closely for nearly all of my life. And nowadays, Liverpool Football Club is very globally popular and famous. And English, on the other hand, is the most widespread language around the globe. In different areas and regions of the world it is spoken very differently. Unique and different regional terms and terminologies are commonly developed. I don't think such things should ever bring about disagreements among people. And I certainly didn't mean my earlier message as such. Yes, language is important. But I see those things as just matters of preference.
Haha you need to desensitise if you're to survive on this forum mate (or in life)! I think you can buy a cream for it. No holds barred everything goes. And Dead is just a playful euphemism for constantly or seriously injured.

And welcome to the site !

I really don't understand substitutes who aren't already wearing the gear ready to go to the pitch. Often they some fucking Stars In Their Eyes transformation to enter the action.
Are you referring to Jaros? In the interview he said people were telling him to get his shinpads on.

In general I agree with you, but a sub keeper does not expect to be used and knows that, if he is, there will likely be a long period of examining the injured keeper before they are called on. Sitting around in shinpads etc for the very unlikely scenario of being called on would seem a bit unnecessarily uncomfortable to me.

We definetly need a new striker going forward. Someone who fits our style of play and can score goals.

Sesko seems the obvious choice imho.
Definitely but basically every club in Europe have their eyes on him.

Definitely but basically every club in Europe have their eyes on him.

Yeah, but not many top clubs dont have a nr 9 already. Maybe Arsenal who were also interested this summer.
City, Real and Bayern wont be after him.

I like our chances if we are interested. We also have an excellent relationship with Leipzig.

Dead? That's a bit of a too strong of a language for what I personally consider to be our best and most valuable player. My thoughts go questions about his training regimen. His hamstrings are obviously not as strong as one would hope, but is he being pushed a bit too much physically given that he is a goalkeeper? Perhaps his physical training loads should be lessened somehow?

He was dead until they brought out a defib

Arne Slot on Wataru Endo : “Even if coming on for just five minutes, Wata gives his all. At some clubs, players might question playing such short minutes, but Wata showed great impact, winning balls and helping the team. It says a lot about his character and team spirit”

Back
Top Bottom