• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post Match Crystal Palace (A) - Sat October 5th 12:30

Jones was shit.

In the first half he looked ok as did all of our players. As the commentary team pointed out several times, Palace played with no intensity and our midfield had all the space in the world……even I would have looked ok against Palace’s midfield

When Palace brought on Hughes and Mateta the game changed. They took off Wharton and the commentary team even mentioned that he had been playing with a groin injury…..he hobbled off like an old man. The Palace manager should be fired for risking him in the first place.

After the substitutions Palace played WITH intensity and Curtis Jones became the invisible man! He was the worst player on the pitch for the last 30 minutes because Palace players went past him with ease. Look at the Eze chance which Allison saved, it started with Hughes beating Jones too easily and then Jones making a half-hearted effort to tackle back.

Endo did more in 6 or 7 minutes than Jones did in the 40+ minutes he played in the 2nd half.

It’s typical Jones, he’s ok as a squad player against weaker opposition but he will never be a regular starter because he’s not good enough.

Jones dropped deeper to macca's position so szob come on as the 10. Jones excelled when the 10 i felt. Moving him to deeper where his weaknesses comes more apparent is in no way shape or form a fair criticism for me.

Jones was shit.

In the first half he looked ok as did all of our players. As the commentary team pointed out several times, Palace played with no intensity and our midfield had all the space in the world……even I would have looked ok against Palace’s midfield

When Palace brought on Hughes and Mateta the game changed. They took off Wharton and the commentary team even mentioned that he had been playing with a groin injury…..he hobbled off like an old man. The Palace manager should be fired for risking him in the first place.

After the substitutions Palace played WITH intensity and Curtis Jones became the invisible man! He was the worst player on the pitch for the last 30 minutes because Palace players went past him with ease. Look at the Eze chance which Allison saved, it started with Hughes beating Jones too easily and then Jones making a half-hearted effort to tackle back.

Endo did more in 6 or 7 minutes than Jones did in the 40+ minutes he played in the 2nd half.

It’s typical Jones, he’s ok as a squad player against weaker opposition but he will never be a regular starter because he’s not good enough.
Football opinions eh?
I thought Jones was our best player today.
Shit you say?

Shut the fuck up Glasner, the ref gave you every soft foul all game and nothing for us (15 to 0).....anything to say about that?

Focus on your team's shit, lifeless performance for 60mins you serial killing looking cunt.

See i think boring football but controlled football is what the goal is. That isn't what we're seeing though for 90 minutes. We're seeing slow starts (another game with an offside goal within the first 10), then controlled exciting spell, then we lose the wheel and struggle. By the 80th we usually wrestle just enough control, but still sloppy play. Prime example today; we have a throw in in the 90th by their corner flag.....so keep it in the corner? No, we throw it to jota, who loses the ball and then they get a quick counter.

I don't think we're boring to watch; i think we're just haphazard for decent spells in the game. I wish we were controlled and boring
I think we're controlling most games.

An offside goal (and he was 2 yds off today) isn't a goal, it's usually due to a good defensive line (as it was today) and shouldn't be used as a 'look at that' moment, to berate them with.

Jota was shite bar his goal. No surprise he fucked up yet again.

I didn't say we're boring to watch, I said 'this style of football at times'.

I think we're controlling most games.

An offside goal (and he was 2 yds off today) isn't a goal, it's usually due to a good defensive line (as it was today) and shouldn't be used as a 'look at that' moment, to berate them with.

Jota was shite bar his goal. No surprise he fucked up yet again.

I didn't say we're boring to watch, I said 'this style of football at times'.

If offside goals in the first 10 minutes were few and far between, i'd agree. Yes it's a good line, but equally we shouldn't just be relying on VAR to get us out of some holes. It screams a lack of readiness to me.

Otherwise, fair

Football opinions eh?
I thought Jones was our best player today.
Shit you say?
He wasn’t shit in the first half but all our players looked good as they were under no pressure. As soon as we came under pressure in the 2nd half Jones became invisible. Endo had more influence on the 2nd half than Jones and Endo only played about 7 minutes!

I think we would win every game for the rest of the season if we can sort out those spazzy 10 minute spells we have in our games.

Jota should be giving me 15 points in my (fuck your)fantasy team. Gakpo was sound. Virgil a rock, Ali is a boss made out of weetabix and fair play to Jaros coming in.

Good to see Slot grow some balls and take Salah off.

Jones dropped deeper to macca's position so szob come on as the 10. Jones excelled when the 10 i felt. Moving him to deeper where his weaknesses comes more apparent is in no way shape or form a fair criticism for me.
Jones is a no-trick pony. He’s not creative enough going forward and not strong enough defensively. Ok as a squad player but I will never understand fans who think he deserves an extended run in the team.

He wasn’t shit in the first half but all our players looked good as they were under no pressure. As soon as we came under pressure in the 2nd half Jones became invisible. Endo had more influence on the 2nd half than Jones and Endo only played about 7 minutes!
Have to admit, Endo made his presence felt. Was very good when he came on. Will be sad if we do sell him at Christmas.

Have to admit, Endo made his presence felt. Was very good when he came on. Will be sad if we do sell him at Christmas.

Endo is boss and should've come on much earlier.

That tackle is something we've missed for the last 9 games and he did it with his 2nd action in less than 5mins he was on the pitch.

Jones was shit.

@Pesam is the new anti- @moron. Balance in the Universe is restored!

The only good thing about today was the 3 points. and the fact that slot grew a pair of balls and subbed Salah. other than that we were poor yet again and gained to injuries

I dont agree at all. First 60 mins were some of the best we’ve played this season. Dominant performance but couldnt get the second.
Rode our luck a few times the last 30 mins but overall we deserved the 3 points.

8-16 in shots, 3-8 in corners and 32-68% in posession. We deserved that win and I find it a bit weird to say we were poor.

Macca has already posted that he isnt injured, btw.

Perspective.
Palace away is a banana skin. We won. Didn't play great, but we won, and if Jota had had a good day it would have been very comfortable.
Southampton are the shittest team in the league. Arsenal went behind to them and took nearly an hour to score. At home.
City would have been comfortably beaten by Fulham, at home, if Adam Traore were not so shit. But he is. And their only striker didn't manage a single effort on goal after the 15th minute. If they'd had an option on the bench, he'd have been hooked for sure.
Yeah, we're grinding out results and have ridden our luck in moments. But our main rivals aren't exactly doing great either. I've seen a lot of very average play from Arsenal this season. And City are missing their most important player. Villa have had a good start but they can't rely on Duran to score a winner off the bench every game. Spurs are Spurs. Chelsea will turn on each other soon enough, and have potential charges hanging over them for financial irregularities.
There are tougher fixtures ahead. The games to date have been kind to Slot in bedding himself in, and things will be tougher after the international break. That was obvious as soon as the fixture calendar was released. But I feel like this team hasn't really got out of second gear yet, and, for the most part, neither have our rivals.

I'm an Endo fan since day 1, Jones doesn't seem to have to have evolved under Klopp and apart from the odd exceptional performance I still only consider him squad player to finish out a game and not as a game changer. Jaros was exceptional, for a lad to come in the circumstances, deal with the pressures and still perform at a top level he deserves a huge amount of respect.

Perspective.
Palace away is a banana skin. We won. Didn't play great, but we won, and if Jota had had a good day it would have been very comfortable.
Southampton are the shittest team in the league. Arsenal went behind to them and took nearly an hour to score. At home.
City would have been comfortably beaten by Fulham, at home, if Adam Traore were not so shit. But he is. And their only striker didn't manage a single effort on goal after the 15th minute. If they'd had an option on the bench, he'd have been hooked for sure.
Yeah, we're grinding out results and have ridden our luck in moments. But our main rivals aren't exactly doing great either. I've seen a lot of very average play from Arsenal this season. And City are missing their most important player. Villa have had a good start but they can't rely on Duran to score a winner off the bench every game. Spurs are Spurs. Chelsea will turn on each other soon enough, and have potential charges hanging over them for financial irregularities.
There are tougher fixtures ahead. The games to date have been kind to Slot in bedding himself in, and things will be tougher after the international break. That was obvious as soon as the fixture calendar was released. But I feel like this team hasn't really got out of second gear yet, and, for the most part, neither have our rivals.
Absolutely - in all honesty this away game is always a tricky one for us. I was surprised by how comfortable we were in that first half controlling that game. Then the period of the 2nd half comes and I was more than half expecting it from them, and they had some very good chances. I almost shat myself when Ali came off but that 3rd keeper of ours - he was brilliant when he came on - punching that ball out, and then comes Endo son the Samurai comes on to do the dirty shit at the end which was great.

Back
Top Bottom