• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post Match Crystal Palace (A) - Sat October 5th 12:30

Really can not see how most everyone here is saying that Palace played well...
We made them look way,way better than how they play...
We were so wayward with passes up from (Salah was the main culprit) but was made to look worse because he is so often look for when we are looking to score or play the final ball in, that if he is off his game, and he is, then we struggle to score if at all.
Gakpo was shit, Jota too
Slot replaced Salah, and should have replace Jota too

Could it be the training? Setting up the fitness for the rest of the season?
Regarding Alisson you mean? My thought exactly. Couldn't there be a special and careful regimen devised for goalkeepers? They don't have to sprint or kick a whole lot. Just very occasionally.

Jones was shit.

In the first half he looked ok as did all of our players. As the commentary team pointed out several times, Palace played with no intensity and our midfield had all the space in the world……even I would have looked ok against Palace’s midfield

When Palace brought on Hughes and Mateta the game changed. They took off Wharton and the commentary team even mentioned that he had been playing with a groin injury…..he hobbled off like an old man. The Palace manager should be fired for risking him in the first place.

After the substitutions Palace played WITH intensity and Curtis Jones became the invisible man! He was the worst player on the pitch for the last 30 minutes because Palace players went past him with ease. Look at the Eze chance which Allison saved, it started with Hughes beating Jones too easily and then Jones making a half-hearted effort to tackle back.

Endo did more in 6 or 7 minutes than Jones did in the 40+ minutes he played in the 2nd half.

It’s typical Jones, he’s ok as a squad player against weaker opposition but he will never be a regular starter because he’s not good enough.
All I noticed about Jones were two fouls in front of their box in the first half. Just after we have lost possession. They seemed like weak fouls, but I didn't pay much attention to him during the rest of the game.

We were so wayward with passes up from (Salah was the main culprit) but was made to look worse because he is so often look for when we are looking to score or play the final ball in, that if he is off his game, and he is, then we struggle to score if at all.
Gakpo was shit, Jota too
Gakpo was shit?

I think we would win every game for the rest of the season if we can sort out those spazzy 10 minute spells we have in our games.

Jota should be giving me 15 points in my (fuck your)fantasy team. Gakpo was sound. Virgil a rock, Ali is a boss made out of weetabix and fair play to Jaros coming in.

Good to see Slot grow some balls and take Salah off.
Agreed regarding Salah. (Aaand SLot, which is the much bigger point made in that sentence) (Needless to say).

Something FA should look at? Probably his weakest statement thus far while at LFC. WTF was he thinking Klopp complained so much about?

( d i d n ' t . . k n o w ) ( c l u e l e s s ? ) ( o r ) ( j u s t . h o w . c l u e l e s s ? )

ps Hey look !!!! He made "A Recommendation" to the FA. (Here goes a big LOL).
pps Sad or pathetic? I err on the pathetic side.

The only good thing about today was the 3 points. and the fact that slot grew a pair of balls and subbed Salah. other than that we were poor yet again and gained to injuries
3 points away at CP is always a firm and solid good thing. 9 out of 10 wins. And he DID sub Salah. He is slowly learning that he must rotate. He came from a f. Dutch league.

Care to elaborate a bit more on what was so, so bad? (Apart from Alisson, oooobviously.)

Jones is a no-trick pony. He’s not creative enough going forward and not strong enough defensively. Ok as a squad player but I will never understand fans who think he deserves an extended run in the team.
Regarding "I will never understand..."

Curtis Jones is a local lad. In Liverpool there is a tradition of there being a local lad that has a prominent role. Like Steven Gerrard. He was a local lad. (And he still is. Many Liverpool supporters want him involved in the running of the club. Which he currently is not.)

There's always been a local lad.

With the modern football those things can become very difficult. Prospects and players are purchased from all over the world and from all across England too. Competition is stiff. Things like that are not easy for anyone (in Liverpool).
...https://youtu.be/_2sz_YwwwQ4...
(That band is from Newcastle. And in Liverpool that is ok. It's ok to play a Newcastle band. Newcastle is fine. Newcastle is a city in England. Upon Tyne. Tyne is a river. And there is also a football club bearing the name of the city.) (I apologize. But things in England are such. Veeeeery much so.)

Liverpool people care greatly about that. About there being a local lad. Performance is important, but there's also always been an important local lad. That is a fundamental part of the Liverpool Football Club. In Liverpool. In Liverpool that is a fundamental part of the Liverpool Football Club. But Liverpool Football Club has nowadays grown. It is global.

Curis Jones, on the other hand, is a local lad.

Liverpool managers live and do their press conferences . in . Liverpool . And Jurgen Klopp was sensitive to such things. Every Liverpool manager must be or there will be friction (in Liverpool). And depending upon specifics, such friction might be difficult, to very difficult, to impossible to deal with (in Liverpool, which is where Liverpool managers live, work and are ultimately and most fundamentally judged).

ps A good and proper question at LFC is: Who is the very best local prospect at the club? That is always a good and proper question. (And right now I don't know the answer to that question.) Things like that are always important. For the club. For THE KOP. For many, many things.

pps Here I should note that people in Liverpool do not like and EVEN HATE local lads who think that they are bigger than the club. In the history of the Liverpool Football Club some local lads have . a b u s e d . that repository of very favurable sentiments the people of Liverpool have towards local lads.

ppps F i n a l l y , here I should note that the people of Liverpool also want the Liverpool Football Club to dominate English and European football. Or to be somewhere very close thereabouts.

Slot's point about the early kick offs has a lot to do with the time adjustment. The club will condition the players to be in peak performance mode for each game. Much like jet-lag, it isn't that big a deal to switch between 3pm and 8pm from the weekend to mid-week, but going from a late mid-week kick-off on a Wednesday to early Saturday, with or without travel to / from Europe is a big ask. It's not just recovery time, although that is obviously a factor, it's also about body clock. And that's why those early kick-offs, especially when they're against teams that haven't had to make those adjustments, are such a pain. If we'd played Palace in a late kick-off at 5:30 without all that to contend with, we would probably have twatted them out of sight.

Regarding "I will never understand..."

Curtis Jones is a local lad. In Liverpool there is a tradition of there being a local lad that has a prominent role. Like Steven Gerrard. He was a local lad. (And he still is. Many Liverpool supporters want him involved in the running of the club. Which he currently is not.)

There's always been a local lad.

With the modern football those things can become very difficult. Prospects and players are purchased from all over the world and from all across England too. Competition is stiff. Things like that are not easy for anyone (in Liverpool).
...https://youtu.be/_2sz_YwwwQ4...
(That band is from Newcastle. And in Liverpool that is ok. It's ok to play a Newcastle band. Newcastle is fine. Newcastle is a city in England. Upon Tyne. Tyne is a river. And there is also a football club bearing the name of the city.) (I apologize. But things in England are such. Veeeeery much so.)

Liverpool people care greatly about that. About there being a local lad. Performance is important, but there's also always been an important local lad. That is a fundamental part of the Liverpool Football Club. In Liverpool. In Liverpool that is a fundamental part of the Liverpool Football Club. But Liverpool Football Club has nowadays grown. It is global.

Curis Jones, on the other hand, is a local lad.

Liverpool managers live and do their press conferences . in . Liverpool . And Jurgen Klopp was sensitive to such things. Every Liverpool manager must be or there will be friction (in Liverpool). And depending upon specifics, such friction might be difficult, to very difficult, to impossible to deal with (in Liverpool, which is where Liverpool managers live and work).

ps A good and proper question at LFC is: Who is the very best local prospect at the club? That is always a good and proper question. (And right now I don't know the answer to that question.) Things like that are always important. For the club. For THE KOP. For many, many things.

pps Here I should note that people in Liverpool do not like and EVEN HATE local lads who think that they are bigger than the club. In the history of the Liverpool Football Club some local lads have . a b u s e d . that repository of very favurable sentiments the people of Liverpool have towards local lads.

ppps F i n a l l y , here I should note that the people of Liverpool also want the Liverpool Football Club to dominate English and European football. Or to be somewhere very close thereabouts.
WTF is this?

I was going to say a lot more but my brain hurts, badly, after reading that.

Gakpo was shit, Jota too
I agree, we did make Palace look better than they actually were. Salah, who is Egyptian, looked tired in the second half. Egypt is a country in North Africa and its capital is Kairo, home to 10.2 million people. Salah however, isn't from Kairo. He's from Nagrig, as small village north of Kairo.
Salah is regarded as a very important player for Liverpool fans. So important that the new manager Arne Slot, who is Dutch, has involved him in every Liverpool game this season.

I agree, we did make Palace look better than they actually were. Salah, who is Egyptian, looked tired in the second half. Egypt is a country in North Africa and it's capital is Kairo, home to 10.2 million people. Salah however isn't from Kairo, he's from Nagrig, as small village north of Kairo.
Salah is regarded as a very important player for Liverpool fans. So important that the new manager Arne Slot, who is Dutch, has involved him in every Liverpool game this season.
We Salah started his down turn in form a couple seasons back I believe that I was one over the first to point out that he was making up for his lack of goals with assisst, Now he is even he is struggling with that

I know we were after newbies but what’s happened? Local lad yes.
Had no idea I have to call it Kairo being gendar neutral.

I agree, we did make Palace look better than they actually were. Salah, who is Egyptian, looked tired in the second half. Egypt is a country in North Africa and it's capital is Kairo, home to 10.2 million people. Salah however isn't from Kairo, he's from Nagrig, as small village north of Kairo.
I just spat out my beer reading that 😆

Back
Top Bottom