• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Pre Match - Crystal Palace (A) - Sat 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only two players have played close to every minute in the league so far. Virgil and Gravy with Salah close behind.
I think it will be the opposite and the new performance team will ensure that we wont burn out.
It’s been interesting watching Slot sub off Trent, Robbo, Diaz/Gakpo and Jota/Nunez after 60-70 minutes. Coupled with a slower pace and more control makes me think he’s rotating and resting on the pitch.

Gravy and Soboszlai missed West Ham completely so had a week off. I would like to see more of Endo and Elliott after the break to help ease their minutes.

Chiesa not being fit/available has probably screwed up the plan on relieving Mo of any minutes.

If my understanding is right then there's also a case that by finishing towards the top of the CL table means a club plays two less games than those who fall into the play offs, which I'm sure will be factored into the thinking.
That is correct. 2 games less for Top 8 as they are not involved in the playoffs for 9 - 24.

Hmm cracking goal but more Diaz's intelligence (diagonal run) than Jota's there methinks. I think you're mistakenly interpreting it to illustrate your point rather than what actually happened. All of the strikers were guilty of a lack of intelligence on a number of cases vs. Bologna, including Jota.
Nah there's several examples of Jota doing the smart thing helping his teammates.
He was dictating the play and making the right run for the headed goal by Diaz earlier this season. Last season when Bradders scored Jota was holding Chilwell so he couldn't get back in defence. There's several instances of him indirectly being involved in our goals.

If my understanding is right then there's also a case that by finishing towards the top of the CL table means a club plays two less games than those who fall into the play offs, which I'm sure will be factored into the thinking.
Yes top 8 avoid a playoff round and the higher you finish the better a draw you get on rank. So top 4 would be great and first ideal!

Ali

Trent
Konate
Van Dijk
Robertson

Gravy
Mac Allister
Jones

Salah
Jota
Gakpo

One of these managers has a winning record vs Ancelotti. Who?

A. Lippi
B. Simeone
C. Moyes
D. Ferguson
E. Rafa
F. Hodgson

Salah sizes up new-look Palace defence​

Liverpool have not lost at Selhurst Park since November 2014 when Dwight Gayle opened the scoring in a 3-1 win for a side then managed by Neil Warnock. But having seen their title challenge waver last season after losing at Anfield in April to a goal from Eberechi Eze, Arne Slot will be wary of facing a Crystal Palace team that has yet to record a victory in the Premier League this season. Fresh from his brilliant goal against Bologna in the Champions League, Mohamed Salah will be licking his lips at the prospect of facing a new-look Palace defence that has not looked convincing this season despite a 0-0 draw against Manchester United in their last home match. The Egyptian scored his 200th Liverpool goal against them in December to take his tally to eight in just 11 appearances, not to mention seven assists. Ed Aarons

Rumored team:

Alisson, Trent, Konate, Virgil, Robbo, Macca, Gravy, Salah, Jones, Diaz, Jota

It’s only just sinking in just how kind the fixtures have fallen for us this season, allowing Slott to ease into the Premier League/Champions League.

Gakpo in for Diaz as well.

Alisson, Trent, Konate, Virgil, Robbo, Macca, Gravy, Salah Jones, Gakpo, Jota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom