• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can we find the Lavia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May be player plus cash? Elliott is worth at least £30m, Doak is better deputy on the right.
Mmmh. Just don't see it, when have we ever been known to do a player plus cash kinda deal?

If they're looking for a keeper now Sanchez is gone, maybe we can offer Kelleher. Doubt Klopp would want to see Elliott go.

Mmmh. Just don't see it, when have we ever been known to do a player plus cash kinda deal?

If they're looking for a keeper now Sanchez is gone, maybe we can offer Kelleher. Doubt Klopp would want to see Elliott go.
Yeah cash + Kelleher makes sense for both clubs. That is if Caicedo condescends to consider us.

I can think of maybe 4 times over the years. Undoubtedly some I've forgotten. None of them particularly recent.

We're slow enough as it is without time spent arguing over the valuation of another player.

Also, as you say, there's no indication that Klopp wants to lose Elliott, and nor should we.

Yeah cash + Kelleher makes sense for both clubs. That is if Caicedo condescends to consider us.
The thing with Caicedo is he pampers to any big club that's shown an interest to him.......When Utd first sparked an interest he was all over the idea, then Arsenal swoop in and actually make a concrete offer and again he's all over Instagram saying "thank you Brighton and the fans but now is the time for me to move on", then Chelsea come in and surprise surprise he's up to his antics again.

He's a fantastic player and I've loved watching him the last 12 months both in the league and at the WC, but is this the type of persona we want?

I can think of maybe 4 times over the years. Undoubtedly some I've forgotten. None of them particularly recent.

We're slow enough as it is without time spent arguing over the valuation of another player.

Also, as you say, there's no indication that Klopp wants to lose Elliott, and nor should we.

Since the start of the Houillier era which ones can you think of?

We know the valuation Brighton have set for the player and we also know we don't have anywhere closet to the budget to conclude this kind of deal. That's pretty much it.

Since the start of the Houillier era which ones can you think of?

We know the valuation Brighton have set for the player and we also know we don't have anywhere closet to the budget to conclude this kind of deal. That's pretty much it.

The original Nunez joined us in part exchange for Owen.

We essentially swapped Josemi for Kromkamp.

Garcia went to Atletico as part of the Torres deal.

Chelsea bid more cos they are afraid we'll get him otherwise. Southampton accept less as they're afraid we've moved on. Probably not what's happening, but it's all awfully convenient.
Southampton rejected Chelseas bid.

No indication of the structure could have been Bayern Munich 3 x Ballon D'ors type clauses etc.

Garcia went to Atletico as part of the Torres deal
Was he not negotiated later on in a separate deal, no? The last real swap cane almost 20 years ago then….in general they seem to have gone out of fashion as clubs want straight up money so it’s different to imagine a player+ kind of deal.

So a player that could be transformative (and maybe win us the PL this season as Doc has forecast) over a misfit in our team that may or may not fulfill the potential we are only hopeful of?
I'd give them Kelleher + Elliott + cash!

Interesting theory. What undercuts is that while Mbappe is adamant he’s staying, his situation at PSG reserves is unsustainable for all parties. He will probably move to Madrid in the last minutes of the window at which point we will try to bid (a lowball fee no doubt) for Tchouameni and fail. If that’s our plan, we need new planners.

I really am against this Caicedo signing, he will get out muscled by more physical sides. If we end up gettingnhim we need another big boy to sign.

Curtis is more technical than Caicedo. What Curtis can do with the ball cannot be matched b anyone else in our squad.
Seriously Moron?
He's more technical than Thiago too?
I stopped getting pissed off over posts here years ago but this one...this is one is getting there.

I really am against this Caicedo signing, he will get out muscled by more physical sides. If we end up gettingnhim we need another big boy to sign.
Thiago is head and shoulders above everyone else in the squad regarding technical ability.

I’m not convinced that Chelsea even put in a bid bid nor that we’ve been time after time returning with low ball offers.

We just need to keep following this BS for another 20 days like badly written tv show without an ending. Still reckon it will end up better than Lost did…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom