• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can we find the Lavia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously Moron?
He's more technical than Thiago too?
I stopped getting pissed off over posts here years ago but this one...this is one is getting there.

Thiago has a habit of losing the ball, I have seen it too many times in games. The only time I don't worry when he has the ball is in the opposition half when he occasionally crosses into it. Sorry, but I think like many outside observers (who are not LFC fans) a failure signing. His impact on our team since joining has to date been very minimal.

Thiago has a habit of losing the ball, I have seen it too many times in games. The only time I don't worry when he has the ball is in the opposition half when he occasionally crosses into it. Sorry, but I think like many outside observers (who are not LFC fans) a failure signing. His impact on our team since joining has to date been very minimal.

The last sentence doesn't stack up.

Liverpool's win percentage whenever Thiago started in 2021-22 was a whopping 80.8 percent. True, they won plenty without him, too, but the win rate dropped significantly to 67.6 per cent when he was either injured or began on the bench.

The last sentence doesn't stack up.

Those stats are not deep enough, we had our fittest ever squad during the time he played, and introduced Diaz who had a major impact that season when he joined. So I don't buy into those stats that seem to be the goto place whenever his purchase is ever questioned. The truth is that he was never gonna be an adequate replacement for Gini as so many say because Gini was always nearly available.

On another point - what happens to Lavia bid if we get Caicedo ? - the poor kid was keen to join us and we would have properly fucked him off. I am hoping we go all out in this rebuild:

1) Get Lavia and Caicedo (net spend 200M)
2) Get Inacio (Net spend 238M)
3) Sign Andre in Jan (28M) - as replacement for Thiago next season.

Full midfield re-build done and completed.

Next Summer:
1) Salah goes to Arabia getting us 80M TRANSFER FEE
2) We buy another defender for first team and get a young striker if we think Ben is not ready to replace Salah (total spend 60M-80M)

Full Team Rebuild done.

I really am against this Caicedo signing, he will get out muscled by more physical sides. If we end up gettingnhim we need another big boy to sign.
You're joking right?

See how many players he puts on their arse:

He's actually a very aggressive physical player, with a bit of a nasty streak ala Mascherano.

The only thing the guy lacks is height.

But besides that, he's always been the better defensive midfielder. Lavia is more like a ball playing DM. Classier but not as aggressive to win the ball back.

You're joking right?

See how many players he puts on their arse:

He's actually a very aggressive physical player, with a bit of a nasty streak ala Mascherano.

The only thing the guy lacks is height.

But besides that, he's always been the better defensive midfielder. Lavia is more like a ball playing DM. Classier but not as aggressive to win the ball back.
like height was ever an issue for Kante

Even if we sign Caicedo, I hope we still go and get Lavia too - that’ll give us real depth in that midfield department.

Euphoria of signing Moises aside, I really don't like the way we dick around with young boy's dreams and then pull out at the last minute. First, Thuram and now Lavia. If promises were made we should keep them.

Poor the Lavia, we tickled him and got him all excited then plunged right in with Caicedo

Euphoria of signing Moises aside, I really don't like the way we dick around with young boy's dreams and then pull out at the last minute. First, Thuram and now Lavia. If promises were made we should keep them.

Don't feel bad for him, it's Chelsea I feel sorry for when Brighton gazump them for Lavia and stump up the money.

Banter club

Don't feel bad for him, it's Chelsea I feel sorry for when Brighton gazump them for Lavia and stump up the money.

Banter club

If that really did happen after what they did … I’d love it if they bought him, love it

True, but then his own club was being a dickhead about his transfer fee so not all Liverpool.

Even if we sign Caicedo, I hope we still go and get Lavia too - that’ll give us real depth in that midfield department.
We already have real depth with Badger and Thiago. I'd rather we spend anything left over (£2 and a pack of maltesers) on a young CB.

Agreed, not least since I value Maltesers particularly highly, being one myself. Albeit without the less fattening centre. 🙁

This is what happens when you go around chasing overpriced Prem players.

Stick to finding and activiating release clauses LFC, quicker the better.

Southampton will clearly (and rightfully) take the piss now
Why would they? As I recall, the issue has always been that we don’t think Lavia is worth that and not that we don’t have money. We’re still lol JK g for a player who’s better than Bajčetić and who will be an automatic starter.

That said, I’m interested in the dynamics here. Will Brighton accept Chelsea’s lower bid? I seriously doubt it. Will then Chelsea have to pay more than Liverpool had offered?

Why would they? As I recall, the issue has always been that we don’t think Lavia is worth that and not that we don’t have money.

That said, I’m interested in the dynamics here. Will Brighton accept Chelsea’s lower bid? I seriously doubt it. Will then Chelsea have to pay more than Liverpool had offered?

I suspect Chelsea will have to pay £120m (and probably will) I doubt Brighton will be happy setting a deadline and then having a club basically ignore it and think it doesn't apply, it'll undermine them anytime in the future when they do that.

I suspect Chelsea will have to pay £120m (and probably will) I doubt Brighton will be happy setting a deadline and then having a club basically ignore it and think it doesn't apply, it'll undermine them anytime in the future when they do that.
I imagine Brighton will be happy with another £10m TBH. Though it doesn't do their image any favours.

At this point, I'd rather invest some time and effort into hacking into Brighton's database. Failing that, blow £110m on eleven players from South America and hope one comes good. Finding any sort of value in the PL has become an anomaly.

I can already hear the tip-tapping sound of the Liverpool Coms team typing a statement out to placate the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom