• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can we find the Lavia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely if City bought him for £40m the sell on clause wouldn’t count - and us buying him for £50m nets So’ton about the same?

They paid what, £10m rising to £14 for him with a 20% on sale - so if it follows the standard practice and they sell for £50m they’d bank about £42-43m.

At £45m, they’d be making just under the £40m City have on buy back.

That’s how I read it - they want to clear more than the £40m they might be guaranteed next summer.

We’re clearly trying to haggle them down a bit - I’d be pretty sure we’d be willing to wait till the end of the window or even January if we thought we could save £5m.

It’s also likely about the payment structure and add-ons - we’ve been know to pay more to extend payment (Jota), but I’d So’ton are wanting more upfront, that’s likely why we’re piss farting around.
'Might be' being the operative phrase. There's absolutely no guarantee City would but him back at that figure - especially if Lavia / Stn don't have a good season. It's a gamble they may not wish to take hence why a little under that net income is worth it.

So far he’d gotten 12 + 40 for Hendo and Fabs with very favourable payment terms.
Signed Szobo.

Disaster is a bit much.

The Saudis saved us with their profligacy.

We paid the Release Clauses for Szobo and Alexis.

First signing that we have to negotiate for, Big Jorg fucks it up big time.

Wasted all summer looking at CB and DM targets with no movement, and waiting for pipe dreams like Colwill.

I don't want to overpay for Lavia, but it's weeks before the start of the season and we need a midfielder. Why are we in this position? Because we have a lazy ass clown for a Sporting Director. If he didn't want to pay what it takes for Lavia, then he should have zeroed in on the price earlier, then move on to more viable targets. Telling the whole world your targets then coming up short on the offer just weakens our hand.

SCM: "omg I can't believe we paid big wages to secure our big first team players in Henderson, Salah, Fabinho and Milner, we aren't made of money"

Also SCM: "ffs we're such tight cunts, why are we haggling over close to ten million quid for a kid who's barely played a dozen premier league games and shares a name with fanny flaps"
That's why I think it's time we got out. This has just been a waste of time

Wasted all summer looking at CB and DM targets with no movement, and waiting for pipe dreams like Colwill.

I don't want to overpay for Lavia, but it's weeks before the start of the season and we need a midfielder. Why are we in this position? Because we have a lazy ass clown for a Sporting Director. If he didn't want to pay what it takes for Lavia, then he should have zeroed in on the price earlier, then move on to more viable targets. Telling the whole world your targets then coming up short on the offer just weakens our hand.

I dont think we can blame Jorg for this summer. We have been in this position under Edwards also. Since 2019, we haven't been able to find a suitable backup for TAA. Our central defense fiasco of two years.

I don't want to pay for Lavia, but it's weeks before the start of the season and we need a midfielder. Why are we in this position? Because we have a lazy ass clown for a Sporting Director.

How have we fucked up the negotiation? He hasnt moved elsewhere and wants to come to us.

Soton are notoriously difficult to deal with. Their owners are rich as well.
Stood their ground for Salisu and got the asking price.
Our second offer should have been close to the valuation set, so lets hope we move more quickly now.

I dont think we can blame Jorg for this summer. We have been in this position under Edwards also. Since 2019, we haven't been able to find a suitable backup for TAA. Our central defense fiasco of two years.

No no, Schmadtke is in charge of the fax machine. Its his fault.

That's why I think it's time we got out. This has just been a waste of time
I think Big George has done really well. He has gotten Ali Mac and Big Dom through the door and settled in. I know Julian Ward takes alot of credit for getting Ali mac signing but there's alot of admin involved after the signing.
He said his job was to get the players Klopp wanted, within an FSG budget. If Lavia doesn't sign we'll get another DM. The worry should be, will we get another CB, thus letting Gomez be Trent's back-up? We know as soon as Konate is out with in 5 games, Matip is out too.

Just to get this out the way early. If we end up finishing behind Utd for the 3rd time in 5 years, I’m blaming it on all Jorg….it’s only fair.

How have we fucked up the negotiation? He hasnt moved elsewhere and wants to come to us.

Soton are notoriously difficult to deal with. Their owners are rich as well.
Stood their ground for Salisu and got the asking price.
Our second offer should have been close to the valuation set, so lets hope we move more quickly now.

Precisely. Everyone knows they have no reason to lower their valuation so why did we bother sending in a second bid which we know will be rejected? Either make a realistic bid, or move on. Don't waste your time with little games when you'll end up paying exactly the asking price anyway.

More importantly, why are we doing this just 2-3 weeks before the start of the season? Why did we waste all that time making love to Thuram, Kone, Ugarte etc if we weren't going to make a bid? I think he's put us in a position where Southampton knows Lavia is our first choice anyway, so it doesn't help our negotiation stance.

I think Big George has done really well. He has gotten Ali Mac and Big Dom through the door and settled in. I know Julian Ward takes alot of credit for getting Ali mac signing but there's alot of admin involved after the signing.
He said his job was to get the players Klopp wanted, within an FSG budget. If Lavia doesn't sign we'll get another DM. The worry should be, will we get another CB, thus letting Gomez be Trent's back-up? We know as soon as Konate is out with in 5 games, Matip is out too.
I think the plan is to phase Matip out since his ends next summer. So we might have to live with having 5 CB's this campaign.

What is he now, a liaison officer? Did we hire him to find a "home" for Fabinho's dogs?

I think the plan is to phase Matip out since his ends next summer. So we might have to live with having 5 CB's this campaign.
Beware of “5” in name only. Remember that impressive list of midfielders that Klopp reeled off at beginning of last season? Also the [potential] drop off from the first choice has to be s as worry.

Big Jorg Schlacky needs to get on the phone to the Saudi's and tell them we can put a package deal together for them..... Kelleher + Gomez + Nat and in return all we want is 80m.

Beware of “5” in name only. Remember that impressive list of midfielders that Klopp reeled off at beginning of last season? Also the [potential] drop off from the first choice has to be s as worry.
That list was never impressive. I'm not sure if he believed it himself.

we are dickheads
do we want him? sign him and move on to the defender

I guess Jorg has to try and look like he is earning his money, but don't fuck it up in the process over 3 mill or 5.

We just got lucky and off loaded two very high earners.

So if its only 3 MFs this window, FSG's net spend will be about £70m. Not the massive window they let us believe we'll have via media platforms about £200m. I ofcourse fell for it

Last edited:
we are dickheads
do we want him? sign him and move on to the defender

I guess Jorg has to try and look like he is earning his money, but don't fuck it up in the process over 3 mill or 5.

We just got lucky and off loaded two very high earners.

Yeah possibly. Paid the Release Clause twice so hasn't scored a 'bargain' yet. Needs to pull a Gakpo or Takumi out the hat to pass his probation.

Reactions: jan
Well well well, quelle surprise the 2nd bids been rejected.

We were able to get the AlexiMac and Szobo deals relatively quickly, why? Simple, we agreed with the valuation set by the release clause their clubs put.

Whether we get this deal done or not from here, won't matter....it's been a failure....chasing around lowballing a club thinking they'll give in to what we wanna pay for THEIR player.

Yeah possibly. Paid the Release Clause twice so hasn't scored a 'bargain' yet. Needs to pull a Gakpo or Takumi out the hat to pass his probation.

The bargains are to be had from other leagues.

Kone for 30 mill, for instance.

You forgot Bradley. I'm assuming he'll be a part of the squad.

Andre + Sangare - £55m.

That's it. Their the moves.

Make it happen.

It's now or it's neva.

It's heaven or it's hella.

Precisely. Everyone knows they have no reason to lower their valuation so why did we bother sending in a second bid which we know will be rejected? Either make a realistic bid, or move on. Don't waste your time with little games when you'll end up paying exactly the asking price anyway.

More importantly, why are we doing this just 2-3 weeks before the start of the season? Why did we waste all that time making love to Thuram, Kone, Ugarte etc if we weren't going to make a bid? I think he's put us in a position where Southampton knows Lavia is our first choice anyway, so it doesn't help our negotiation stance.
Because our hand was forced and we had to change tack. I doubt we were after a defensive
Midfielder at all with Fabs & Badger Tits.

Why don't you wait until the window closes before lambasting them? 🙄

Because they don't deserve it, this isn't a snide dig at you but we've been hearing this for the last 12 years with these jack offs. It's the same shit every fucking year.

Now it's very much you get lambasted to start off with and then either lambasted some more the longer this shit drags or we evaluate where we're at come September 1st and we say "actually you know what, this is ok" or the unlikely event that "actually you know what, fair enough FSG you've pulled it out the bag, 10/10"

Because they don't deserve it, this isn't a snide dig at you but we've been hearing this for the last 12 years with these jack offs. It's the same shit every fucking year.

Now it's very much you get lambasted to start off with and then either lambasted some more the longer this shit drags or we evaluate where we're at come September 1st and we say "actually you know what, this is ok" or the unlikely event that "actually you know what, fair enough FSG you've pulled it out the bag, 10/10"
What's that investment proviso? History is not a portent of future performance?

Because our hand was forced and we had to change tack. I doubt we were after a defensive
Midfielder at all with Fabs & Badger Tits.

Which is another head scratching moment...poor planning is how we ended up with Arthur. Thought we'd have learned.

Fab would probably have gone for free next summer. The £40m was a bonus that could have gone straight into the budget. We could have afforded to overpay a little. Appreciate the principle that we don't play games but we have to be flexible in the position we are in.

Southampton should have a look at Watford about how big valuations can work against them for inexperienced players, I really thought Thuram was a better fit but I know he isn’t a strict DM but so what,
Let’s hope we got other options for DM ready, seems mental fee despite how much we want him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom