• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can we find the Lavia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We paid this for Melo to be useless for a season, it’s mental to be stalling progress now for that amount

We paid this for Melo to be useless for a season, it’s mental to be stalling progress now for that amount

Could be the structure and payment terms as well. But if we want him then just pay the 5 mill. The market is fucked and we havent got the time to drag this even further.

Lavia hasnt played much in pre season so he wont be ready for Chelsea anyway is my guess.

Genuinely sick of these non-updates. I hate everyone on twitter trying to be that here we go cunt these days so fucking much
Then if it bothers you that much, don't check the site unless something's confirmed? Why waste your energy allowing yourself to be so worked up over nothing?

Could be the structure and payment terms as well. But if we want him then just pay the 5 mill. The market is fucked and we havent got the time to drag this even further.

Lavia hasnt played much in pre season so he wont be ready for Chelsea anyway is my guess.
Checked on the Southampton website. He's played in all 5 of Southampton's pre-season games.

Here are his performances from just the last week. Looks pretty sharp to me.

Checked on the Southampton website. He's played in all 5 of Southampton's pre-season games.

Here are his performances from just the last week. Looks pretty sharp to me.

He’s played 150 mins total in those 5 games. In their last match he played 17 mins.
Would at least need significant game time in our final pre season game.

Last edited:
Really? Most fans would have predicted high risk levels that Keita and Melo and Thiago would be injured a majority of the time.
Curtis had barely featured. And everyone was knackered after nearly winning the quad.

It was totally predictable and avoidable and a huge huge gamble!
But not all at once and for most of the season! Perfect storm scenario.

Andre is not a 6, he is much closer to CJ in the way he plays. We still need a proper 6. If FSG won't go to £50m and Southampton won't come down from £50m, just move on. Get Alvarez or Mats Weiffer (if you're wondering why I am not mentioning Fofana, he was out injured the other day. Koop signed an extension. Even my list of players is drying up). Alvarez is class and at 6ft 1 can play CB (on either side).

I dunno why we are all flabbergasted the bid was rejected.

As I said before, Southampton have said £50m.. put up or shut up.

£50m would net Southampton £40m. After City's cut (not Stevie M's dodgy maths).

Next summer City can buy him for £40m, they are pretty confident City will trigger it. So they may as well sit tight.

Only way we get it less is if Lavia publically hands in a transfer request, at which point we will be saying "look at that dickhead.. more trouble than he's worth".

It’s usually 20% on the fee they get minus the cost.

So it’s not 20% of £50m.

They paid £10m rising to £14m - so the 20% would be applicable on £36-£40m which is about £7-£8m.

Therefore they get £42-43m & City get £7-8m - we pay £50m.

Southampton are clearly holding out to net a little over the £40m that City would need to pay next season to get him.

So it’s not 20% of £50m.

They paid £10m rising to £14m - so the 20% would be applicable on £36-£40m which is about £7-£8m.

Southampton are clearly holding out to net a little over the £40m that City would need to pay next season to get him.
Again. This is assuming City would want him. Why would they? This isn't City's market at all.

Yeah, I dont get the City bit. Its not a mandatory buy back clause activated in 2024.

We don’t obviously value at £50 million. In fact I’ll wager we value him at our initial bid of just over £30 million plus some additionals based on the fact that he’s homegrown. Some club WILL pay the £50 million, likely the chavs or skanks but not us.

There is a whiff of the Jamal Lewis saga about this where we refused to pay more than £10 million that Norwich wanted; we got Tsimikas instead and Lewis went on to Newcastle for half as much again as we had offered.

Again. This is assuming City would want him. Why would they? This isn't City's market at all.

Yeah, I dont get the City bit. Its not a mandatory buy back clause activated in 2024.

That’s probably why we’re haggling, isn’t it.

Who’s to say City won’t want him in a year’s time - no-one can say for sure either way - but it exists as a marker for what So’ton could get.

We’re likely arguing that the City deal isn’t going to happen and this is the best offer they’ll get.

Meanwhile, they’ll counter with a “we think it will happen, so pay up” and they can play that effectively because Chelsea would likely pay it, they’re under no obligation to sell and they know we’re in need.

Getting promoted is worth more than £40m anyway, so there’s that too.

We don’t obviously value at £50 million.
Agree.

In fact I’ll wager we value him at our initial bid of just over £30 million plus some additionals based on the fact that he’s homegrown
Quite possibly.

Some club WILL pay the £50 million, likely the chavs or skanks but not us.
Disagree.

There is a whiff of the Jamal Lewis saga about this where we refused to pay more than £10 million that Norwich wanted; we got Tsimikas instead and Lewis went on to Newcastle for half as much again as we had offered
I suppose it is, are you assuming Lewis in Lavia and Kostas is Andre here? Doesn't mean we'll be worst off for it does it? Don't think I've ever seen Lewis playing in the Prem for Newcastle.

and wouldn't pay £50m for him.
Dunno about that....it's Utd we're talking here.

Plus if they're getting rid of both Fred and Mctomminay......Leaves Casemiro as their only DM? Also they've been targeting Amrabat for a few weeks now.

Dunno about that....it's Utd we're talking here.

Plus if they're getting rid of both Fred and Mctomminay......Leaves Casemiro as their only DM? Also they've been targeting Amrabat for a few weeks now.
Their squad (exc. youngsters) is 30 strong and both Fred (17) and McTominay (39) have squad numbers. I'd bet McTomminay (squad, no one's buying him at their £40m valuation) and Fred (back up to Casamiro) are both there at the start of the season.

Plus they'll soon have Amrabat too as Hansern says. They absolutely don't need Lavia at £50m.

#LiverpoolFC ready to make a third & ultimate offer for Romeo Lavia. I understand the bid will meet the 40M£ transfer fee expectations by #SaintsFC + add-ons. Player’s side just waiting for #LFC to activate but informed the club his desire to join the Reds. There’s a feeling that Klopp’s team are the only squad able to do such offer at that moment. Dialogue remains opens as #SouthamptonFC won’t let leave his biggest sale of the year with the financial impact of a relegation.
⏳ Deal still ON. #mercato

So it’s not 20% of £50m.

No. Its not profit on sale. Its 20% on total sale on this one from what I've read.

Probably fair to apply a penalty when things drag on so close to the season start. ‘50m was the July price’

Reports that Saints have increased their asking price for Lavia to £60M...
Isn't that from Duncan Castles, the Manc reporter? Saints are also in need of a sale to balance the budget with West Ham walking away from JWP, I believe.

Reports that Saints have increased their asking price for Lavia to £60M...

If they did that - then I hope we just walk away. Our owners have history of making silly fuck up decisions on player purchases when the pressure (lack of time) really piles up on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom