• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can we find the Lavia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno why we are all flabbergasted the bid was rejected.

As I said before, Southampton have said £50m.. put up or shut up.

£50m would net Southampton £40m. After City's cut (not Stevie M's dodgy maths).

Next summer City can buy him for £40m, they are pretty confident City will trigger it. So they may as well sit tight.

Only way we get it less is if Lavia publically hands in a transfer request, at which point we will be saying "look at that dickhead.. more trouble than he's worth".

Why don't you wait until the window closes before lambasting them? 🙄
I have been very patient with them saying I believed that they'll back Klopp, But all they've done is procrastinate over a CDM signing waiting for the Fabio funds. Andre is a good CM but he is a squad option and not a starter.
I dunno why we are all flabbergasted the bid was rejected.

As I said before, Southampton have said £50m.. put up or shut up.

£50m would net Southampton £40m. After City's cut (not Stevie M's dodgy maths).

Next summer City can buy him for £40m, they are pretty confident City will trigger it. So they may as well sit tight.

Only way we get it less is if Lavia publically hands in a transfer request, at which point we will be saying "look at that dickhead.. more trouble than he's worth".
Isn't it always 20% on the profit. So City's take is £7.6m about 2 months of haaland's pay.

I have been very patient with them saying I believed that they'll back Klopp, But all they've done is procrastinate over a CDM signing waiting for the Fabio funds. Andre is a good CM but he is a squad option and not a starter.

Isn't it always 20% on the profit. So City's take is £7.6m about 2 months of haaland's pay.
Not always.. according to what I've read it's 20% total of sale (not profit). And opportunity for City to 'match' any bid this year.

Why don't you wait until the window closes before lambasting them? 🙄
The Arse are spending £200m, Man U I think have bought duds (again) but they have a good coach, even Spurs are outspending us. We bought in two players and waited to sell Fabs before we started moving again.
We operate like the old Arsenal, where you have a low net spend and pay big salaries (2nd highest in the league after Man City).
They ideally need 3 more players but a minimum of 2

The Arse are spending £200m, Man U I think have bought duds (again) but they have a good coach, even Spurs are outspending us. We bought in two players and waited to sell Fabs before we started moving again.
We operate like the old Arsenal, where you have a low net spend and pay big salaries (2nd highest in the league after Man City).
They ideally need 3 more players but a minimum of 2
None of which addresses the question posed.

Walk away. He's not worth it. He's a Chelsea signing, payable over 47 years probably.

McAllister - Curtis - Slobber

will beat most teams.

Curtis centre mid. It's inevitable. Borne through necessity, appreciated through quality. Given fitness, he is going to rule it next season.

Oh, he did believe it. He admitted as much himself later as the season unravelled.

To be fair, while the need for midfield reinforcements was clear last summer and the solitary signing of Arthur was inexcusable, Klopp couldn’t have predicted Curtis’ season-long injury issue or Fabinho’s dramatic drop-off. Other gambles they took, such as Keita, Thiago and Arthur’s fitness were for sure ill-advised, but on the whole it also was somewhat unfortunate that every single of those gambles turned out to be a bigger clusterfuck than predicted - bar Bajcetic’s emergence late in the season, there were no good surprises, only bad ones.

Last edited:
You can join the momowasboss telegram group. Only £5/month to enter and have me use the word cunt 68 times a day.
Is there a premium version for a tenner, and are you writing a book?

RAWK maybe? A dive into obscurity
I know everyone loves to hate RAWK .. I have no more issue with the posters there than anywhere else, but it is just too big. At least with SCM I can check in when I have breakfast and again when I come home from work and stay up to date on all the threads ... if I was on RAWK that would be a full time job. Less is more

To be fair, while the need for midfield reinforcements was clear last summer and the solitary signing of Arthur was inexcusable, Klopp couldn’t have predicted Curtis’ season-long injury issue or Fabinho’s dramatic drop-off. Other gambles they took, such as Keita, Thiago and Arthur’s fitness were for sure ill-advised, but on the whole it also was somewhat unfortunate that every single of those gambles turned out to be a bigger clusterfuck than predicted - bar Bajcetic’s emergence late in the season, there were no good surprises, only bad ones.
Really? Most fans would have predicted high risk levels that Keita and Melo and Thiago would be injured a majority of the time.
Curtis had barely featured. And everyone was knackered after nearly winning the quad.

It was totally predictable and avoidable and a huge huge gamble!

I think we just need to pay up for Lavia, TBH. I would never argue he's not overpriced, but the market for DM's is not good, we've gained more money on Fabinho than I ever thought, and if Mac Allister really was £35M then we've saved £20M-30M there on his value/talent. With Henderson, Milner, and Fabinho all declining and leaving we can not ignore the loss of physicality and aggression in the midfield. Bacjectic covers some of that, but he's still finding his feet, filling out, and returning from injury. Jones can do a job sitting alongside another player at 6, but the box system is very reliant on Konate being fit to cover the space. There's too much vulnerability there for me to arsed about overpaying for Lavia by £5-6M a few weeks before the season starts. I'm not convinced Andre provides that, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom