• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can we find the Lavia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Jorg is old school - he’s sending ravens from his lair.

Southamton brought him for 10m last season, has his value increased 5 times in one season?
Seems a bit mental the fees being requested for what I have seen of him so far.
If we're prepared to pay it then you could say that.....depends what measure you go by for someone to warrant that "x value increase", I guess it helps with how we would now value our players and see Bajcetic is worth round about that too.

I think it's pretty naive on our part even if he works out pretty well because throwing that kind of money on a kid with a years experience in senior football doesn't slapstick of Liverpool FC.

If we're prepared to pay it then you could say that.....depends what measure you go by for someone to warrant that "x value increase", I guess it helps with how we would now value our players and see Bajcetic is worth round about that too.

I think it's pretty naive on our part even if he works out pretty well because throwing that kind of money on a kid with a years experience in senior football doesn't slapstick of Liverpool FC.
You reckon the Sotons are thinking we have gotten our cabinet swelling from their sweat in the past, so adding the extra they think we ought to have paid on Lavia? Or
They know that once Klopp has placed his crosshairs on a player, its normally him or nothing, he usually doesn't settle for second choice, and knowing our desperation for a new DM, they know we will grudgingly meet their valuation. They are already in the championship, I would think, there don't have an urgent need for the money......and they are expecting 40m from City next summer. It seems they are prepared to go all the way with us.

We should just pay the 50m get the player, and get on with our preseason.

There's nothing stopping City buying him for 40m now really if they think he's worth it.....if he stays at Soton and they don't get promoted, Soton are fucked and will regret knocking back our initial bid.

It doesn't look like we value him at 50m hence the 2 bids which are short in which case we'd be a lot better off moving on, we've wasted enough time on this......Lavia isn't the best we can do.

There's nothing stopping City buying him for 40m now really if they think he's worth it.....if he stays at Soton and they don't get promoted, Soton are fucked and will regret knocking back our initial bid.

It doesn't look like we value him at 50m hence the 2 bids which are short in which case we'd be a lot better off moving on, we've wasted enough time on this......Lavia isn't the best we can do.

I think their buyback clause kicks in next summer.

Surely if City bought him for £40m the sell on clause wouldn’t count - and us buying him for £50m nets So’ton about the same?

They paid what, £10m rising to £14 for him with a 20% on sale - so if it follows the standard practice and they sell for £50m they’d bank about £42-43m.

At £45m, they’d be making just under the £40m City have on buy back.

That’s how I read it - they want to clear more than the £40m they might be guaranteed next summer.

We’re clearly trying to haggle them down a bit - I’d be pretty sure we’d be willing to wait till the end of the window or even January if we thought we could save £5m.

It’s also likely about the payment structure and add-ons - we’ve been know to pay more to extend payment (Jota), but I’d So’ton are wanting more upfront, that’s likely why we’re piss farting around.

For 40M. They can offer 50M now and buy him no probs presumably.

I can understand Southampton feeling like they don't have to accept a discount offer (assuming they're not desperate for cash now). Pretty much any half decent player is worth 40M these days. As long as Lavia doesn't have a terrible season, he'll still be worth 40M+ again next summer to a big club.

For 40M. They can offer 50M now and buy him no probs presumably.

I can understand Southampton feeling like they don't have to accept a discount offer (assuming they're not desperate for cash now). Pretty much any half decent player is worth 40M these days. As long as Lavia doesn't have a terrible season, he'll still be worth 40M+ again next summer to a big club.

Yep - even if they get less than £40m next season and he stays this season and gets them promoted - he’s worth even more.

At 19, even in the Championship - if he shines, he’ll be in demand and I’m pretty sure if this deal stalls, he’ll want to make sure he excels and gets his move.

Spending another year there wouldn’t necessarily be the worst thing for his career.

Last edited:
But that doesn't prevent them from doing a deal sooner in spite of the clause, they can just work around that and say "Yo Jason, we'll offer you £40m up front for Lavia and in the process you don't need to worry about negotiating any sell on clause our way and get it done in 1 clean sweep" They'd probably be more inclined to accept that than our £5m up front, £5m next year, £10m by 2048, and the rest when Lavia will 3 ballon d'ors back to back to back.

Fuck me we are so desperate right now. This whole thing just stinks

Right now it might..... to some, but what if the breakdown in this deal means we sign Andre (for half the price) and ends up being twice as good?

But that doesn't prevent them from doing a deal sooner in spite of the clause, they can just work around that and say "Yo Jason, we'll offer you £40m up front for Lavia and in the process you don't need to worry about negotiating any sell on clause our way and get it done in 1 clean sweep" They'd probably be more inclined to accept that than our £5m up front, £5m next year, £10m by 2048, and the rest when Lavia will 3 ballon d'ors back to back to back.

But So’ton be netting less about £5m less than £40m then?

Why would they do that?

That’s why they’re looking for £50m - they’ll likely have a tipping point of around £45m guaranteed plus add-ons that’ll get them over the line.

Right now it might..... to some, but what if the breakdown in this deal means we sign Andre (for half the price) and ends up being twice as good?
That is true, but that is the moneyball signing we should have made last season while Fabinho was here. If we are that desperate then get Thuram and Andre, forget Lavia.

Our funny German guy on a zoom call with Southampton officials live from his Ibiza HQ:

drevil_cover.jpg

SCM: "omg I can't believe we paid big wages to secure our big first team players in Henderson, Salah, Fabinho and Milner, we aren't made of money"

Also SCM: "ffs we're such tight cunts, why are we haggling over close to ten million quid for a kid who's barely played a dozen premier league games and shares a name with fanny flaps"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom