• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can we find the Lavia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After losing our entire midfield, I think we’re still light after signing Lavia. We’re one injury away to either Mac and Slobo to a full on crisis. Curtis will get injured at some point. Elliott, while I still hold out hope as a winger, is too lightweight in center mid. Badger back after a long term injury will take time to get back to his best, and at times when healthy showed he’s still got a lot to learn.

In fact the whole inexperience and youth after Mac and Slobo is a worry. It’s a very dangerous game we’re playing in general.

Not even gonna get into Thiago.
Well we haven't lost our complete midfield yet (and losing one wouldn't be a full on crisis - that's Moron territory) ... I don't think Thiago will leave this year and will go on a free next so:

Mac
Szobo
Lavia
Thiago
will be the main starters with
Jones
Badgertits
Elliott
as backup/subs with (in desperate times)
Morton
*Gakpo
McConnell

Normally 7 midfielders would be a bit light for sure but ours are all good to great and even dropping to Morton & McConnell they are not bad and easily good enough to see out games or for the cups.
I'd like one more but I'm not going to wring my hands and wail if we don't get one.

After losing our entire midfield, I think we’re still light after signing Lavia. We’re one injury away to either Mac and Slobo to a full on crisis. Curtis will get injured at some point. Elliott, while I still hold out hope as a winger, is too lightweight in center mid. Badger back after a long term injury will take time to get back to his best, and at times when healthy showed he’s still got a lot to learn.

In fact the whole inexperience and youth after Mac and Slobo is a worry. It’s a very dangerous game we’re playing in general.

Not even gonna get into Thiago.

I have accepted that this season is going to be transition season for the midfield. We are light by one but it is OK. We have a very promising set of young midfielders. There is inexperience but I am excited by the potential growth of all of them. The central defense is what I am worried about. If we dont bring in one this season, we will very likely have an injury crisis. Then revamp the defense next summer and have one more season of transition due to defense. That will be a criminal misuse of Klopp's time with us.

I’ve got to disagree lads. I said our entire midfield when I probably should’ve said anyone with experience. We are light by one before any injuries. Curtis will get injured at some point, Thiago is already injured. There’s no assurances Badger won’t take time to get up to speed, and even then there were games he’s looked out of his depth all while looking promising.

I could be proven wrong and I hope I am. But say for example Ali picks up an injury. We are fucked. Letting Miler, Hendo and Fabs go all in one window, when we already needed strengthening is naive at best.

This is all while still needing a CB. We went from being one of the most organized and structured recruitment teams to not having a clue.

And look, we may not pick up any injuries. I very much doubt it however.

I’ve got to disagree lads. I said our entire midfield when I probably should’ve said anyone with experience. We are light by one before any injuries. Curtis will get injured at some point, Thiago is already injured. There’s no assurances Badger won’t take time to get up to speed, and even then there were games he’s looked out of his depth all while looking promising.

I could be proven wrong and I hope I am. But say for example Ali picks up an injury. We are fucked. Letting Miler, Hendo and Fabs go all in one window, when we already needed strengthening is naive at best.

This is all while still needing a CB. We went from being one of the most organized and structured recruitment teams to not having a clue.

And look, we may not pick up any injuries. I very much doubt it however.

I cant disagree with your points. I am just living in a world where FSG have successfully adjusted my expectations - 20% below the bare minimum required. We won the league and had no central defenders left and we got Ben Davies and Kabak on loan on the last day. When you have that baseline, you tend to be happy with whatever you get.

At the same time, we cannot completely point the fingers at FSG also. Paying close to a million dollars in wages for Keita, Ox, Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago is mismanagement of the squad. Individually you can make a case for the last three but as a collective this is a big misuse of money and FSG are not solely responsible for that. We should not have added Thiago to an ageing midfield and we should have been bolder in shifting the others out.

I should caveat I’m not normally this negative. I was pretty positive before the Hendo news broke. I think a combination of being an injury away from a very inexperienced midfield and potentially another season of Klopp wasted…and Henderson leaving in a way and for a reason I never expected have really tempered my expectations for this season. Hope I’m wrong though.

Yeh the lack of experience is a tricky one but there’s a lot of talent coming in. We will be fine

The naive part was letting those let go to leave this summer. It should’ve been happening over the last 3 seasons.

With our focus being the league, we will manage the minutes of our “best XI”. Hopefully that will reduce the potential for injuries on those key players.
The emminently winnable EL will also be of vital importance - win it and we're into the CL group stages pronto.

CBS Sports' Ben Jacobs is reporting: "The Chelsea offer is coming.”

"Chelsea are ready to move for Lavia and are even prepared to table a higher offer than LFC but Lavia is still sold on Liverpool. A move to Anfield remains more likely at this stage."

Lavia, Fabinho and Henderson updates over the last few weeeks just made me delete Twitter. It's like a live version of Teletubbies

To our credit, Klopp seems to do a damn fine job at convincing players to come to us. I've always felt that we do not start negotiations with a player unless they're 100 percent committed to us already and willing to knock back alternative interest. It clearly helps our negotiations and prevents us from overpaying, so Klopp's calls are super important to the acquisition. Klopp has clearly been satisfied Lavia wants us.

Also why any decent young player would want to join Chelsea right now is a mystery to me.

Last edited:
Also why any decent young player would want to join Chelsea right now is a mystery to me.

They'll tell you it's A,B,C,D but usually it comes back round to being about money.

Sure as hell aren't going there for footballing reasons are they? That applies to young, experienced or vastly experienced.

They'll tell you it's A,B,C,D but usually it comes back round to being about money.

Sure as hell aren't going there for footballing reasons are they? That applies to young, experienced or vastly experienced.
Nah its all smoke and mirrors. Chelsea getting the word out that they are moving on to put pressure on Brighton. They desperately need caicedo.

Nah its all smoke and mirrors. Chelsea getting the word out that they are moving on to put pressure on Brighton. They desperately need caicedo.

Brighton are under no pressure sell though.

Not pressure but I'm sure caicedo will have a word soon as this will be twice they've denied him. They don't want a situation like mitrovic.

Didn’t he sign an improved contract during the season?

I’m sure Brighton will sell, but they know Chelsea will not walk away - so they’ll rinse them.

Didn’t he sign an improved contract during the season?

I’m sure Brighton will sell, but they know Chelsea will not walk away - so they’ll rinse them.
Yeah he did, but unlike mac allister didn't put in a clause. They know Chelsea are desperate.

And hence the Chelsea for Lavia story. Suits both Southampton and Chelsea.

Liverpool will not enter a bidding war, of that you can be sure

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom