• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bye, Bye, Portuguese Waiter

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctor_mac

My cowboy name is Garland Justice
Ferguson's dismal night made worse as Ronaldo leaves future in doubt

Daniel Taylor in Rome
The Guardian, Thursday 28 May 2009
Article history

A dejected Cristiano Ronaldo at the final whistle in Rome Link to this video
Sir Alex Ferguson admitted his Manchester United team had been outplayed and condemned their "shoddy" defending on a night which ended with Cristiano Ronaldo reigniting fears over his future.

"We were well beaten, the better team won and there's nothing we can do about it now," said Ferguson. "There's a dis appointment in the performance, some individuals will feel it themselves when they look at how they played."

The United manager bemoaned his team's lack of possession, compounded by their poor use of the ball when they did get hold of it. "With the players we have, I would have expected better. You have to give credit to a very good Barcelona team because if they get in front they can make it very difficult for you to get the ball back. But it's difficult to put your finger on it. When we did get possession we didn't do enough with it.

"The disappointment is that we had to wait several minutes to get the ball off them but then, when we did get it, we didn't use it well enough. It was an off night. We found the mountain too big to climb after going a goal down. We knew before the game what a good football team they are and, after the first goal, they just kept possession. They have to be the best at what they do and it's credit to them that they play with that philosophy. They all want to play, they all want to take the ball – it was too much for us."

However, Ronaldo said the defeat was in part down to Ferguson's tactics. "We had 10 [good] minutes and then we never found ourselves again," he said. "The tactics were not good and everything went wrong." The forward also left his future open to doubt. Asked whether he would be at Old Trafford next season, he replied: "I don't know."

Ferguson was particularly disappointed about the manner in which Nemanja Vidic had allowed Samuel Eto'o to get past him for the opening goal. "Our whole season has been built on our defensive strength but they were very shoddy goals," said the United manager. "It has to be said that it was shoddy defending, particularly the first goal, which gave them a great boost.

"That goal was a killer for us. It was their first attack and it was a bad start for us. We had been confident and bright at the start but we got nervous after the goal. We had plenty of time to recover and had some half-chances in the second half but the crosses were disappointing. We weren't at our best. We didn't plan to concede that early but it's a fact and we didn't deal with it well enough. That's the story."

Seen that. the little cunt.

"The tactics were not good, everything went wrong. We have to give credit to Barcelona, but they were a bit lucky to be here because Chelsea did not deserve to lose and no-one has mentioned that. I have to congratulate Barcelona, they were better but only the winners get talked about."

Oh boo hoo ya little creep. Fuck off already.

Problem is, if United do sell they will have 70 mill + to sign Ribery and Benzema, so really they are not losing out, they will still be strong next season with or without him.

God I hate those cunts, they have so many fucking options and every player in the world wants to play at utd or barca.

Now Ferguson is a cunt-wallop of the highest order, but you just don't publicly slate his tactics if you're a Utd player. The fact that he said that makes me think he wants to force Fergie's hand this season, he'll make his own position untenable.

I think it's a fair and balanced summary by Ferguson.

I'm a little surprised to see that he is capcable of turning up to post match interviews and press conferences. He also gave credit to Barca despite being beaten byt them (...). Apparently it's only the local British media that he's not counting, and local teams to which he wouldn't give credit when beaten.

I hope he is still bitter about being subbed a few weeks back, the way he played last night showed his petulence again and I hope he gets frustrated with United and Fergie and leaves.

Fergie doesn't care what Ronaldo does, he is getting soft or rather selectively blind because he's a good player

What does he need to do to inspire Ferguson's famous wrath? Call him a cunt on live tv? Because that's what he's just done there. He has said Utd lost because tactically they were shite. You do wonder if Ferguson will just get fed up of the circus surrounding this c*nt, and sell him.

It's already been said but it doesn't really matter whether he stays or go. They would have a tit load of cash to go and sign a few replacements, just in case one doesn't work out

[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=33823.msg877434#msg877434 date=1243506989]
He won't be sold because of this little outburst if that is what people are hoping.
[/quote]

I'm hoping a number of things this included. He clearly wants to leave and play for Real Madrid as he has stated this a number of times I just hope it is this summer.

As much as I hate the c*nt, I'm not sure Ronaldo is replaceable. And that, I suppose, is why Ferguson is prepared to obstinately ignore his tantrums.

He is a consistent match-winner, and you could buy two top players and not expect them to match Ronaldo's contribution to Utd.

sport-graphics-2005_726505a.jpg

TO

article-1024652-01418E7700000578-216_306x469.jpg

TO

cristiano-ronaldo_fergie.jpg

'You are dick boss you got tactics all wrong, im talking about a holiday and then i dont know'

TO

fergieDM0102_468x768.jpg

TO

2218098587_85d1b95302.jpg

TO

12.jpg

TO

rome.jpg

TO

1844127964_fc2b82c37a.jpg

[quote author=nornirongooner link=topic=33823.msg877450#msg877450 date=1243507409]
It's already been said but it doesn't really matter whether he stays or go. They would have a tit load of cash to go and sign a few replacements, just in case one doesn't work out
[/quote]

I would rather he went, If he was taken out of the squad then they would be half the team they are. There is not a single player they could afford who would make the week in week out impact he has done for them over the last few seasons so let them have the money and try to find that player. The only thing is United changing their formation to cope without him and buying maybe 2 or 3 players who could help with that but then Fergie has purchased the likes of Nani/Anderson/Berba for huge amounts recently and they have not been what they need. They might use the money to complete the Tevez transfer, but then they would not have added much to the squad as they already have him.

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=33823.msg877457#msg877457 date=1243507810]
He's leaving this summer.

I don't care how much they get for him, he will be nearly impossible to replace.
[/quote]

We say that every time one of their irreplacable players leave

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=33823.msg877465#msg877465 date=1243507952]
Ha ha ha. Did you do all that from your phone Oncy?
[/quote]

Na, molly is playing with her toys in her room, im squeeking in 5 mins net time before we go to see the fish at the garden centre.

Loving your post Oncy- you want to gloss some of those pics though? Is that the sack of Rome going on in there?

[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=33823.msg877464#msg877464 date=1243507935]

I don't care how much they get for him, he will be nearly impossible to replace.
[/quote]

[/quote]

This time i mean it though.

[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=33823.msg877464#msg877464 date=1243507935]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly, this is what is so frustrating, Ribery is their obv no1 choice if gay boy leaves, and he is a very, very, very good winger. On top of this, Tevez may not be there next season but they will get someone in like Kun or Benzema and that makes things better for them!

I know Ronaldo cant really be replaced man for man but with the cash they generate, plus the money they already have....... Depressing, really really depressing.

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=33823.msg877470#msg877470 date=1243508125]
Loving your post Oncy- you want to gloss some of those pics though? Is that the sack of Rome going on in there?
[/quote]

Fall of the roman empire bud.

[quote author=nornirongooner link=topic=33823.msg877450#msg877450 date=1243507409]
[/quote]

That's nonsense. He's critical to their success and replacing what oine man brings to the team with 2 doesn't necessarily work

If they sign Benzema & Ribery, how do you fit him, Tevez, Rooney, & Berbatoz in to the team. If Ribery is on the right, who's on the left.

Ronaldo scores a lot of goals., to such an extent that there's no certainty that even combined, Benzeam & Ribery would provide as many goals as Ronaldo.

What would you prefer - Henry in his prime or Van Persie & Adebayour?

It would be like us selling Gerrard and replacing him with Walcott & Barry.

Thanks. But no thanks.

[/quote]

[/quote]

When he goes, i just can't see anyone who is going to come in and produce what he does Sheiky. We all quite rightly call him a cunt, but over the last 3 seasons how many times has he got them out of the shite?

It's obvious he's been told to throw in these little temper tantrums to instigate a move.

The petulance he showed a few weeks ago, the snide comments......all orchestrated by his advisors, no doubt.

They'll have a job replacing Brylcreem Boy if he goes. Yes, they'll get a load to spunk on replacements, but there are a lot of other quality players there already and they've still not been the same when he's been absent or off form. Additionally questions will slowly begin to be asked about how long Ginsoak himself is going to stick around. No-one but a fool will write them off, but there's a definite chance that they'll lose enough of their edge for us (or the Chavs, admittedly, but they'll have a new manager to bed in) to be able to capitalise.

Game on. 8)

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=33823.msg877494#msg877494 date=1243508900]
[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=33823.msg877470#msg877470 date=1243508125]
[/quote]

Fall of the roman empire bud.
[/quote]

Wouldn't that be Chelski?

why would he leave though? what makes some of you think that he will leave? did he not come out last week and say that he will be there next season? what more proof do you want? we need to beat them to the title with or without the waiter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom