• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SummerOnions

Let's Push Things Forward
Roma defender John Arne Riise has admitted he is flattered to be linked with a move to Barcelona.

Reports in Spain have suggested the UEFA Champions League holders are weighing up a bid for the former Liverpool man.

Barcelona are believed to be in the market for a new left-back after Sylvinho left Camp Nou earlier this week when his contract expired.

Norway international Riise is happy to be linked with Barcelona, but is treating the reports as rumours.

"It's flattering and great to be linked with a club like Barcelona." Riise told Aftenbladet.

"They have clearly been the best club all year. But I am a Roma player and this is just a rumour."

Abidal is not that great, so in theory Riise might push for 1st team football *if* indeed he goes there. However, I really can't see him getting into the passing team tha Barca is.

[quote author=jimmy link=topic=33987.msg882239#msg882239 date=1244128693]
Abidal is not that great, so in theory Riise might push for 1st team football *if* indeed he goes there. However, I really can't see him getting into the passing team tha Barca is.
[/quote]

Haha.

He'd offer them something different.

[quote author=jimmy link=topic=33987.msg882251#msg882251 date=1244129713]
That's because DOssena is not offering any improvement.
[/quote]

So Nando is right then

Riise was a great servant to the club etc, but I am sure wasnt the only one who got frustrated watching him in his last season. Great defender, but I dont think I could have taken many more of those 'rockets' to row Z without tearing my eyeballs out. Aurelio and Insua gives us all the cover we need at left back at the moment, and God willing Dossena might improve a little bit as well.

[quote author=iseeredpeople link=topic=33987.msg882265#msg882265 date=1244131653]
Riise was a great servant to the club etc, but I am sure wasnt the only one who got frustrated watching him in his last season. Great defender, but I dont think I could have taken many more of those 'rockets' to row Z without tearing my eyeballs out. Aurelio and Insua gives us all the cover we need at left back at the moment, and God willing Dossena might improve a little bit as well.
[/quote]

God willing, he'll improve back in Italy.

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=33987.msg882280#msg882280 date=1244133261]
[quote author=iseeredpeople link=topic=33987.msg882265#msg882265 date=1244131653]
[/quote]

God willing, he'll improve back in Italy.

[/quote]

Amen.

[/quote]

Great servant to the club, yes.

Great defender, absolutely not, especially at the end of his tenure here.

Riise would surely offer Barca fans something different, the fans in the upper tier would get a closer look of the ball for one thing.

I turned on Riise about 2 seasons before he left. He is awful on the ball, Aurelio is a fine footballer with the ball and somthing we need to encourage more, less of the aimless punts up the pitch.

[quote author=QUADRASPAZ link=topic=33987.msg882259#msg882259 date=1244130753]
I really miss Riise. I want him back, he's ace, and can [move]TWAT[/move] the ball.
[/quote]

Yeh, but to be fair Quadra, 99% of the time Johnny twatted the ball - It was into row 15 or nearly out the ground. It was a fucking utter miracle if it ever hit the target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom