• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Masher agent to hold talks with Barca today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Anita link=topic=34210.msg890701#msg890701 date=1245331534]
As far as I'm concerned the club have done all that we can to keep him, we've made the right noises etc, if he carries on pushing for the move then fsir enought he wants to leave, I don't want us to keep anyone who doesn't want to play for us.

We just make sure we get as much money for him as possible.
[/quote]

Listen to her! Swap the name Maschreano for Alonso and you would be singing a different tune.

Larry says Lucas isnt good enough to ever play for us, which makes me laugh as he's never lost a league game and been part of some good results especially beating Man utd 4-1 at old trafford, a regular occurance and nothing out of the ordinary you'd think!

[quote author=Phoenix link=topic=34210.msg890757#msg890757 date=1245334633]
[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=34210.msg890752#msg890752 date=1245334107]
"Sideways passes that Xabi would have been proud of" - Great, that'll scare the life out of defenders. Keeping possession isn't a skill, it's a necessity, it's a given for top flight footballers. If he's unwilling to become more expansive then he'll never, ever succeed - not here, or anywhere else for that matter.

Dossena and Babel have never been booed with such vitriol as Lucas, nowhere near, so there was no real need for Gerrard to swing into action. I mean this in the nicest way possible, but the fact that this is your basis for your 'Lucas obviously has talent' is a bit embarrassing for both him and for you.

And yes, Lucas has had to adjust his game significantly from the game he played in Brazil, but it's been 2 years now with little or no improvement - just the same mediocre, weak, ineffective performances churned out week after week.

We were linked with Barry at the start of the summer, way before the Masher links started, and should he leave, I guarantee they'll be a replacement. Why? Because Rafa - and 90% of Liverpool fans - know Lucas Leiva isn't going to cut it.
[/quote]

Actually he was refering to the long passes squig, not sideways. The rest of the post I agree
[/quote]

Ah, yeah - apologies spud.

Barry is overhyped, what's interesting is if you watch the Man Utd v. Villa and Spurs game then tell me you can get away with passengers or poor players in midfield at old trafford because you can't, therefore Lucas must be a bit better than some of you think.

[quote author=rebel23 link=topic=34210.msg890764#msg890764 date=1245335002]
Barry is overhyped, what's interesting is if you watch the Man Utd v. Villa and Spurs game then tell me you can get away with passengers or poor players in midfield at old trafford because you can't, therefore Lucas must be a bit better than some of you think.

[/quote]

I'm not gonna jump on Lucas' case, because I think he gets some unwarranted stick, but that's a daft view Rebel, the players surrounding them are a massive factor too, and Barry is far from a 'passenger'.

Still think he's massively overrated mind.

[quote author=rebel23 link=topic=34210.msg890761#msg890761 date=1245334747]
Larry says Lucas isnt good enough to ever play for us, which makes me laugh as he's never lost a league game and been part of some good results especially beating Man utd 4-1 at old trafford, a regular occurance and nothing out of the ordinary you'd think!

[/quote]

Well we hardly lost at all last season in the league. The most disappointing games were the dour draws - Villa, Man City, Stoke, Hull, Fulham. Lucas played in these games too. Although I am not pinning the blame on him solely by any means, you can't take the highlights of the season and use them as evidence that he's really good without mentioning that he was present for most of the low points too.

I am not as opposed to Lucas as some are, and would still add 'yet' when stating that he hasn't shown us a great deal in his time here.

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=34210.msg890768#msg890768 date=1245335403]
[quote author=rebel23 link=topic=34210.msg890764#msg890764 date=1245335002]

[/quote]

I'm not gonna jump on Lucas' case, because I think he gets some unwarranted stick, but that's a daft view Rebel, the players surrounding them are a massive factor too, and Barry is far from a 'passenger'.

Still think he's massively overrated mind.
[/quote]

it's not a daft argument as you can't get away with such poor players as Lucas is made out to be occupying midfield at old trafford AND beating them.

Barry loses his head under pressure and fades very badly late in games. If you watch Villa like I have you'll see that in plenty of their games.

[/quote]

We only lost 2 games last year, I could have played in some of them. Put Lucas up for sale and see who out of Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal comes in for him.

None.

[quote author=rebel23 link=topic=34210.msg890755#msg890755 date=1245334310]
Lucas isn't good enough ? despite us never losing a league game when he's played and being part of the team that beat Man Utd 4-1 at old trafford. some of you go way over the top because I doubt we'll get Iniesta or Pirlo to sit on the bench
[/quote]

Nobody is talking about on the bench you fucking crapweasel. He can sit on the bench all day every day for all i care, its the green stuff he isnt good enough on.

[quote author=LarryHagman link=topic=34210.msg890773#msg890773 date=1245335702]

[/quote]

We only lost 2 games last year, I could have played in some of them. Put Lucas up for sale and see who out of Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal comes in for him.

None.

[/quote]

that's an irrelevence as we don't sell to our rivals. let me ask you this question, why does Benitez, someone who has been in football over 25 years and a top level coach over 10 years keep playing and trusting him in games he needs to win? do you think he's lost his marbles or do you think he must show a good temperament, work rate, ability and improving application that few players in that role show?

[quote author=rebel23 link=topic=34210.msg890776#msg890776 date=1245336095]

[/quote]

None.

[/quote]

that's an irrelevence as we don't sell to our rivals. let me ask you this question, why does Benitez, someone who has been in football over 25 years and a top level coach over 10 years keep playing and trusting him in games he needs to win? do you think he's lost his marbles or do you think he must show a good temperament, work rate, ability and improving application that few players in that role show?

[/quote]

That is the most desperate (non)answer I have ever heard

And regarding the other point. I don't know why he plays him in games he needs to win, because plenty of the games he started last year were games we SHOULD have won but ones we ended up drawing!

[/quote]

None.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think he doesnt have options when Mascher or Alonso arent fit.
You're clutching at straws.
Rafa signed him hoping he would come good in this league, he hasnt, he isnt physical enough, and gets brushed off the ball constantly. Keep banging this drum if you want but your wrong.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=34210.msg890779#msg890779 date=1245336323]

[/quote]

None.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Rafa signed him hoping he would come good in this league, he hasnt, he isnt physical enough, and gets brushed off the ball constantly. Keep banging this drum if you want but your wrong.
[/quote]

well I happen to think you're wrong einstein, opinions eh?

[quote author=the count link=topic=34210.msg890760#msg890760 date=1245334727]
[quote author=Anita link=topic=34210.msg890701#msg890701 date=1245331534]
As far as I'm concerned the club have done all that we can to keep him, we've made the right noises etc, if he carries on pushing for the move then fsir enought he wants to leave, I don't want us to keep anyone who doesn't want to play for us.

We just make sure we get as much money for him as possible.
[/quote]

Listen to her! Swap the name Maschreano for Alonso and you would be singing a different tune.
[/quote]

Haha!

In reality though, I do feel the same about the Alonso situation, as long as I feel the club have done all they can to keep him, but he's pushing for the move, then it is what it is. I don't want us to keep a player who doesn't want to play for us.

I just think maybe we have to do more to reassure Alonso we want him to stay as it was Rafa who instigated the Alonso move away from Liverpool last summer.

It gets to the point where people think you don't rate Lucas because of some bizarre personal reason. I don't, I wish he was brilliant. But, he isn't, he's extremely mediocre.
We made a mistake signing him, fair enough, I can live with that. But, let's not kid ourselves otherwise, it's been proven by every (OK 95%) game that he plays.

[quote author=rebel23 link=topic=34210.msg890781#msg890781 date=1245336676]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=34210.msg890779#msg890779 date=1245336323]

[/quote]

None.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

well I happen to think you're wrong einstein, opinions eh?

[/quote]
Einstein is a name so requires a cap. But then i guess thats irrelevant in terms of the overall content of your brain.
Like you say it is just an opinion, but mine is one shared by probably 5 million Liverpool fans worldwide. Yours is shared by.......you and a newb.
Good luck with that.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=34210.msg890788#msg890788 date=1245336949]
Einstein is a name so requires a cap. But then i guess thats irrelevant in terms of the overall content of your brain.
Like you say it is just an opinion, but mine is one shared by probably 5 million Liverpool fans worldwide. Yours is shared by.......you and a newb.
Good luck with that.
[/quote]

Because the wisdom of crowds has been proven over and over again

I agree that Lucas is not as bad as some on here make out however I can't think of any aspect of midfield play that he is especially good at.

Lets see what he does next season. If he shows the same form, bin him. Cant say fairer than that.
However, a lot of you may be eating humble pie me thinks.

[quote author=rebel23 link=topic=34210.msg890790#msg890790 date=1245337026]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=34210.msg890788#msg890788 date=1245336949]
Good luck with that.
[/quote]

Because the wisdom of crowds has been proven over and over again

[/quote]

Well yeah. If you ask 5 million and 2 people a question and 5 million say one thing and the 2 say another, generally speaking the 2 are wrong.

This could go round in circles though. So as i said good luck.

[quote author=Spudgun link=topic=34210.msg890794#msg890794 date=1245337184]
Lets see what he does next season. If he shows the same form, bin him. Cant say fairer than that.
[/quote]

No offence (and welcome to the site by the way) but you can't be basing that on his performances. Only the fact that he's Brazilian and, therefore, deserves a crack of the whip a young English player doesn't get. Tell me I'm wrong.
Even if, by some miracle, he is the best player in the Prem next season, you couldn't say you'd predicted it as, what would have given you that idea? He hasn't shown anything like that. He's always been poor.

[quote author=LarryHagman link=topic=34210.msg890808#msg890808 date=1245337609]
[/quote]

No offence (and welcome to the site by the way) but you can't be basing that on his performances. Only the fact that he's Brazilian and, therefore, deserves a crack of the whip a young English player doesn't get. Tell me I'm wrong.
Even if, by some miracle, he is the best player in the Prem next season, you couldn't say you'd predicted it as, what would have given you that idea? He hasn't shown anything like that. He's always been poor.

[/quote]

Thanks. I dont believe that Rafa makes his decisions on a players nationality. Im sure he kept Lucas and got rid of the likes of Guthrie purely based on their perforamces in the reserves and training. He must see something in Lucas he likes. Who knows what going on behind the scenes. We may find out that Lucas has been flogged at some point during this transfer window then the whole Luca debate will be put to bed. I just dont wanna write Lucas off to early.

who in their right mind would keep that cunt lucas here next season. the only reason rafa is because no one would even put a bid in for that pile of shit. lucas is easily the worst player in every match day squad. i'd rather have no one as an option than lucshit.

as for him stepping into the boots of masch - what fuckin drugs are u on?

[quote author=Spudgun link=topic=34210.msg890817#msg890817 date=1245337915]
[quote author=LarryHagman link=topic=34210.msg890808#msg890808 date=1245337609]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks. I dont believe that Rafa makes his decisions on a players nationality. Im sure he kept Lucas and got rid of the likes of Guthrie purely based on their perforamces in the reserves and training. He must see something in Lucas he likes. Who knows what going on behind the scenes. We may find out that Lucas has been flogged at some point during this transfer window then the whole Luca debate will be put to bed. I just dont wanna write Lucas off to early.
[/quote]

I agree that he's not as horrible as some suggest,but he isnt a good player.

He may improve, and in a slower league I trhink he could prove to be very good, but that does nothing for us.

As for Lucas v Guthrie, I can think of 6.8 million reasons why Lucas plays ahead of him.

Granted Lucas hasn't fulfilled his potential, but he isnt a bad player. He's just physically weak and that can be corrected in the gym. In his first season he played in some big games and didnt look at all out of place. His form picked up later last season too.

People seem to forget he's still a young player and should give him a break. He's done more than Anderson at Man Utd, at least he's scored a goal. I like Lucas, he has character. After the barracking by his own fans, he could have retreated in his shell but he's knuckled down and is looking to prove the doubters wrong. More power to him. I think he'll have a good season next year.

He has been a very average performer for us, that is a given. But he doesnt deserve to be called a cunt. He hasnt spoken badly about the club, and didnt react negative when booed at. He just hasnt performed, but I really hope that if he stays, he steps up and improves next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom