• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Quaresma on the cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keniget

6CM Addict
Administrator
Dunno if this has been posted before, but...

Apparently the head honchos at Porto are facing corruption charges. If things worsen for them, perhaps it's worth keeping an eye on the situation - they have some decent players.

I would fucking love quaresma in our shirt. Could play in the 'kuyt' position,

'Kuyt position' *Sigh*

I reckon there would be a host of clubs in for Quaresma so i doubt there would be a cut-price, Kewell-like bargain to be had but we should of course be one of them.

Who else do they have?

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=22320.msg535296#msg535296 date=1207582943]

Who else do they have?
[/quote]

you make them sound like a Chinese Restaurant that have stopped doing your favourite meal

I'm a big fan of Quaresma. He has moves Ronaldo can only dream of .... unfortunately just not enough of them and not frequently enough. But still a damn big YES.

Yeah, I'd take a punt but it'd have to be at a great price cause I've not been that impressed with him,but he clearly has some talent and potential.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=22320.msg535290#msg535290 date=1207582313]
Dunno if this has been posted before, but...

Apparently the head honchos at Porto are facing corruption charges. If things worsen for them, perhaps it's worth keeping an eye on the situation - they have some decent players.
[/quote]

The interesting part of the corruption charges is they are match fixing ones. And guess which manager was in charge at the time ?

I don't see the big fascination with Quaresma. Every time I've seen him I've been distinctly underwhelmed.

He gets homesick, he wastes opportunties to go forward and stick a cross in because he would rather go down than beat his man and stick a cross in, he can go completely missing in games, he would cost the better part of £20M and there are better (IMO) than him out there.

[quote author=Fallon link=topic=22320.msg535473#msg535473 date=1207589527]
He gets homesick, he wastes opportunties to go forward and stick a cross in because he would rather go down than beat his man and stick a cross in, he can go completely missing in games, he would cost the better part of £20M and there are better (IMO) than him out there.
[/quote]

Like who?

The only two wingers better than him IMO are Ronaldo and Ribery, the rest are either too young or awful in one way or another.

Quaresma is immensly skillfull, very quick, has a good (not brilliant but good) eye for goal and his crossing is second to none, noone in the world gets the ball in from the angles he does, he is cocky, he is moody and yes he disapears sometimes but alot of players do and I reckon EVRY SINGLE LFC fan will be creaming their pants if we sign him.

20 mil is a tiny bit steep but didn't united pay 18 mil for Carrick? - hardly the most exciting player in the world.

[quote author=Fallon link=topic=22320.msg535512#msg535512 date=1207591970]
IMO Silva, he has a better all round game, is faster and scores goals himself.
[/quote]

I'd definately say he is close up there but for me, for pure joy and excitement Quaresma wins that.

I would hate to be Rafa, trying to find a bloody good RW as there are so few of them around.

[quote author=redfromlondon link=topic=22320.msg535493#msg535493 date=1207590580]
[/quote]

Like who?

The only two wingers better than him IMO are Ronaldo and Ribery, the rest are either too young or awful in one way or another.

Quaresma is immensly skillfull, very quick, has a good (not brilliant but good) eye for goal and his crossing is second to none, noone in the world gets the ball in from the angles he does, he is cocky, he is moody and yes he disapears sometimes but alot of players do and I reckon EVRY SINGLE LFC fan will be creaming their pants if we sign him.
20 mil is a tiny bit steep but didn't united pay 18 mil for Carrick? - hardly the most exciting player in the world.
[/quote]

Well, according to this thread I reckon you're probably wrong - as I count at least two who won't be

He is a bit of a headcase but on his raw talent alone you'd have to say yes, just hope Rafa could mould him into someone as consistant as Ronaldo.

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=22320.msg535515#msg535515 date=1207592078]
[quote author=redfromlondon link=topic=22320.msg535493#msg535493 date=1207590580]
[/quote]

Like who?

[/quote]

Well, according to this thread I reckon you're probably wrong - as I count at least two who won't be
[/quote]

I said, if you read it correctly, that IF WE SIGN HIM. That means when the deals done, he is wearing the red shirt, every fan will be excited, I couldn't care what half of the people on here say when we haven't even got a bid in for him yet.

Besides, I'm sick of hearing this shite, you obviously dont watch much european footie or else you would clearly know he is an immense talent. His assists are simply staggering.

And as for he goes missing, judging on what exactly? against Arse last season him and Gonzalez took them apart, against the scum@the bridge he scored and created a handful of chances, against us @ Porto he was decent but like most world class players that come up against Rafas defence, they always look average - Messi, Ronaldinho, Quaresma, Ronaldo (to an extent) Ibrahimovic.

[/quote]

Like who?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not convinced about him myself, I don't think he showed up at the races against us did he? Does that mean he is not a big game player. It's all very well being a trick pony against inferior opposition.
He is also a diving little twat from what I remember, have I got the right player?

regards

[quote author=redfromlondon link=topic=22320.msg535523#msg535523 date=1207592490]
[/quote]

Like who?

[/quote]

[/quote]

I said, if you read it correctly, that IF WE SIGN HIM. That means when the deals done, he is wearing the red shirt, every fan will be excited, I couldn't care what half of the people on here say when we haven't even got a bid in for him yet.

Besides, I'm sick of hearing this shite, you obviously dont watch much european footie or else you would clearly know he is an immense talent. His assists are simply staggering.

And as for he goes missing, judging on what exactly? against Arse last season him and Gonzalez took them apart, against the scum@the bridge he scored and created a handful of chances, against us @ Porto he was decent but like most world class players that come up against Rafas defence, they always look average - Messi, Ronaldinho, Quaresma, Ronaldo (to an extent) Ibrahimovic.
[/quote]

You can spout off about your obvious expertise from watching Eurosport now and again but I still think he's overrated. Whether you think it's 'shite' or not I'm simply not that impressed with him. Seems like he can impress against a team that plays open attacking football but when he meets a decent defence he's fucked. I've seen nothing, I repeat - nothing, that would make me want to "cream my pants". I'm sure the lad has talent but I'm not so sure he'd fit in the EPL. I think he's more suited to the continental game.

[quote author=Frogfish link=topic=22320.msg535529#msg535529 date=1207592695]
He scored a cracker against us VQ ;)
[/quote]

Must be a different player then, the one I saw at Anfield looked very ordinary

regards

I would put Quaresma in the same category as Totti and Ibrahimovic. Players people always rave about, but when you are watching, they never seem to have a good game.

He had a half decent game against us at their place but hardly had us run ragged. At Anfield I thought he was ordinary to say the least. Can't remember him scoring a cracker at our place either. I must be getting old.

[quote author=redfromlondon link=topic=22320.msg535514#msg535514 date=1207592072]
[quote author=Fallon link=topic=22320.msg535512#msg535512 date=1207591970]
IMO Silva, he has a better all round game, is faster and scores goals himself.
[/quote]

I'd definately say he is close up there but for me, for pure joy and excitement Quaresma wins that.

I would hate to be Rafa, trying to find a bloody good RW as there are so few of them around.
[/quote]

If he played his game all of the time then I would agree, but he will never stop the diving, and the frequency at which he does it negates the wow factor for me.

I was told that a deal was in place to buy him last summer but following a meeting with him, Rafa thought he was a bit of a nutjob and pulled out.

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=22320.msg535544#msg535544 date=1207593209]
[quote author=Frogfish link=topic=22320.msg535529#msg535529 date=1207592695]
He scored a cracker against us VQ ;)
[/quote]

Must be a different player then, the one I saw at Anfield looked very ordinary

regards
[/quote]

And that's a tad generous.

[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=22320.msg535606#msg535606 date=1207597100]
I was told that a deal was in place to buy him last summer but following a meeting with him, Rafa thought he was a bit of a nutjob and pulled out.
[/quote]

I knew we had an offer accepted was not sure why nothing happened.

QUARESMA IS GOOD
AARON LENNON HAS THE ABILITY TO BE EVEN BETTER AND HE IS AVAILABLE AS RAMOS IS REBUILDING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom