• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The New Sporting Director

Status
Not open for further replies.
We knew we needed MFs last season because Klopp wanted Tchoumeni. This window Klopp wanted Jude until the owners told him what it would cost and what would be remaining of the budget.
We've sold 2 possibly 3 players and we let 4 walk (mostly MFs). Big Dom and Ali Mac are great additions but I don't expect them to play every game, they're human, especially when you consider the training these guys go under. We need depth when you consider both Thaigo and CJ are likely to miss large parts of the season.
@StevieM, we can't control what the club does, we use this forum just to air our views. I want a minimum of 2 more incomings, either 1 CB and 1MF or 2MFs and 1 CB. Now if we keep Nats then we sign 2MFs.
We are not in the CL so barring the League Cup I want us to try to win everything else, especially the Europa Cup to have the best chance of doing that, we need a bigger squad.
I'm all for giving youngsters more game time, but gradually - and not throw in the deep end.

We knew we needed MFs last season because Klopp wanted Tchoumeni. This window Klopp wanted Jude until the owners told him what it would cost and what would be remaining of the budget.
We've sold 2 possibly 3 players and we let 4 walk (mostly MFs). Big Dom and Ali Mac are great additions but I don't expect them to play every game, they're human, especially when you consider the training these guys go under. We need depth when you consider both Thaigo and CJ are likely to miss large parts of the season.
@StevieM, we can't control what the club does, we use this forum just to air our views. I want a minimum of 2 more incomings, either 1 CB and 1MF or 2MFs and 1 CB. Now if we keep Nats then we sign 2MFs.
We are not in the CL so barring the League Cup I want us to try to win everything else, especially the Europa Cup to have the best chance of doing that, we need a bigger squad.
I'm all for giving youngsters more game time, but gradually - and not throw in the deep end.

We have senior players for every position except DM - no kids are getting thrown in at the deep end - they’ll get some minutes in the league as subs, play in the League Cup and get some minutes in the EL.

FA Cup, we can worry about later.

My darling mother always said “I want!! I want!! - never gets”.

We’ll probs sign 1 DM - then

Don’t worry about which players left - half of them were shit and never played - only Hendo & Fabs of the midfielders could be considered regular starters, even Milner was only an occasional starter.

We’re likely to have bench options of Kelleher, Gomez, Matip, Tsimikas, Bradley, Jones, Badgertits, Clark, Thiago, Diaz, Nunez & Doak if you add a DM to what looks like our likely starting XI next week.

That’s not a bad list and it’s not stacked with youngsters who should give you the fear.

Not sure how much was due to him but he's pretty good at "meeting deadlines", isn't he? Before Szoboszlai's release clause expire and now this auction for Caicedo. (Of course, $$ talks.)

Not sure how much was due to him but he's pretty good at "meeting deadlines", isn't he? Before Szoboszlai's release clause expire and now this auction for Caicedo. (Of course, $$ talks.)

Paid the Release Clause for two players and bid £10m more for Caicedo than Chelsea.

I don't know... it looks a bit like Panic FC in action. We could have done all these deals without Schmadtke. Just create a poll on 6CM. In the meantime, none of the negotiations that we worked over the summer seemed to go anywhere. Thuram, Kone, Lavia, Colwill, Ugarte, Andre, Inacio.....

Yeah, I understand but from a glass half full perspective, we could gone for the easier option of matching the release clauses or asking prices for those players to get things done quickly/quicker. Either way, we would still be overpaying by (vs. our valuation). By not doing so, we put ourself in this position where we can land a player who needs no adaptation to the league, already knows one of his midfield partner, is versatile and has a might higher ceiling than the above mentioned midfielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom