• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man City (A) - 1 April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gakpo needs to sharpen up. He started well but hasn't adapted to how combative this is, especially since our team play isn't that great so there aren't lots of out balls.

Gakpo needs to sharpen up. He started well but hasn't adapted to how combative this is, especially since our team play isn't that great so there aren't lots of out balls.
When the replacement is a loose canon, I'd stick with him for 20 minutes or so before risking Darwin.

On the contrary he's been excellent.

I don't think he had. Rodri should arguably be off, and fabinho should have been booked by the 5th minute.

Referees are there to referee, not to make the game a spectacle

I'd be taking Elliott off or him, and dropping gakpo a little deeper
That's a decent call.

Bobby is another option to do that with, assume he's on the bench.

Yes, I fear Darwin doing something daft if we do make the game dirty.

I don't think he had. Rodri should arguably be off, and fabinho should have been booked by the 5th minute.

Referees are there to referee, not to make the game a spectacle
Nah. You don't want refs to overly influence matches by sending players off unnecessarily - thereby becoming a spectacle themselves. And Rodri's 2nd wasn't a yellow so a strong warning was fair.

Until we get sinbins there's always going to be a little leeway for the 2nd Yellow.

Last edited:
When the replacement is a loose canon, I'd stick with him for 20 minutes or so before risking Darwin.

I don't think Darwin is a loose cannon or captain chaos, or any of that dumb shit. He's faster than everyone else, is more dangerous than everyone else, but his finishing is mediocre.

We've found our breaks. We have exploited 1 out of 4. Keep that up and we will struggle to get any result. We won't get the space if we are chasing the game. That's the risk.

Except not getting that pass across when he was odds on favourite to do so. That was awful.
Grealish covered the space well, the mistake was his touch prior but Grealish made up the ground.
Anyway, lucky to go in level.

Think they’ll spank us 5-1 second half.

Just go in a minute before half time. Young girl collapsed on the buese. Stayed with her until the ambulance arrived, (1.53 minutes)
Know mo scored, but how has Jota been...?

Except not getting that pass across when he was odds on favourite to do so. That was awful.
His heavy touch stopped any chance of getting the ball across. Maybe he could’ve stood up Grealish to beat him but then they’d have got more back.

Which is how I said we should start the match !

I can understand starting the way we did, as at least Elliott has experience of these type of games. He's been poor though, so he should make way. Jotas been decent, and seems the mostly likely to win a foul

If they get the next goal, it'll end 4-1. If we get it, we might scrape a draw

I don't think Darwin is a loose cannon or captain chaos, or any of that dumb shit. He's faster than everyone else, is more dangerous than everyone else, but his finishing is mediocre.

We've found our breaks. We have exploited 1 out of 4. Keep that up and we will struggle to get any result. We won't get the space if we are chasing the game. That's the risk.
You are right but he has had a few moments when he's reacted, hopefully he's learned from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom