• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Adam banana

Prefix for Poll Threads

Banana or Lallana?

• Banana

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Lallana

Votes: 22 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would I? I'm not his biggest fan, he's a good player when on song but that hasn't happened enough. Skully and Peter are being nobheads though.

Why would I? I'm not his biggest fan, he's a good player when on song but that hasn't happened enough. Skully and Peter are being nobheads though.

You normally do with any reasonable justified criticism of player or rogers. Fair enough

All I'm really saying is he's only decent rather than some kind of Coutinho-level artiste and that he was a really poor choice of signing.

Anything else is just a bit of exuberance.

He reminds me of Barmby. Had a couple of decent seasons, scores the odd goal and is largely forgettable in a lot of games.

It's going to be one hell of a turnaround for him to justify that fee.

When I was a nipper growing up in Tunbridge Wells, sometimes me and some other scallies would be having a kickabout on the streets of the estate and someone's dad or big brother would be coming home half cut after a day of shuffling between the bookies and the pub, and he'd see us and you could see him thinking 'hey a ball!' and start shouting "pass! pass!" or else he'd just come into the middle of us and when he'd get the ball he'd have mad skills, like a fucking dervish with the ball glued to his toe, but just for the first 15 seconds because that's part of the magic of alcohol. Then the spell would be broken and he'd make a tit of himself, drop his chips on the road and be bent over, out of breath.

That's what Adam Lallana reminds me of.

Except those men on the estate were trying to momentarily recapture something from the own youth, playing carefree on the streets, unaware of the basic shitness of adult life, not needing guinness and horses to give them something to leave the house for. So I love those men for that. And I'm glad they had 15 seconds or so before reality would come crashing down on them.

Lallana on the other hand gets paid loads of money, and his 15 seconds usually gives the opposition a chance to regain their shape, so I don't love him at all. He's a fucking banana.

That's mental.

Coutinho is a great player who sometimes has mediocre games.

Lallana ambles and careens around the pitch like a drunk who's lost his keys but remembers seeing them "on some grass somewhere."
Nice analogy as always but completely wrong as so often. PeterHague agrees with you...I rest my case.

Telling that the silent majority rate him yet the vocal minority are flailing away with their Doc Martins.

He's more like a slightly worse Yossi Benayoun.

He'll be boss this season though.

When he signed, I called him a rich man's Leon Osman, and I was flamed for it. The fact of the matter is Osman, Benayoun are basically what he can to be compared to. Good player, but nowhere near worth 25 million, and nowhere near a priority when we signed him.

We should have just saved that 25 million, and focused on developing Teixeira instead.

When he signed, I called him a rich man's Leon Osman, and I was flamed for it. The fact of the matter is Osman, Benayoun are basically what he can to be compared to. Good player, but nowhere near worth 25 million, and nowhere near a priority when we signed him.

We should have just saved that 25 million, and focused on developing Teixeira instead.

It's always a worrying sign when there's such a clear majority in favour of a signing.

I think a lot of people like him because he looks very stylish and elegant on the ball. I think it was Billy Beane who first stated that scouts and spectators overrate players who look good physically (tall, blond) or who play the game more stylishly with flamboyance. Exactly the type of player moneyball warns us about.

I think he'll score a few goals for us, which we need. He's already about 1 in 5 conversion (better than Philippe) and I think he'll contribute more this time out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom