• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If Klopp wasn't leaving..

mark1975

How would you be feeling right now ahead of next season?

The resignation seems to have speeded up the notion that he's taken us as far as he can, given how dramatically we've collapsed, again.

On the flipside, our realistic objective for the season has been achieved.

What do we think?

At the end of the day we will finish with a trophy and CL qualification. I’d have taken that after last year. The problem is that there is a sense of “look what you could have won” about it now. The midfield upgrade wasn’t as good as we first thought unfortunately

This is a bit of a Heisenberg uncertainty thing.

Klopp has taken us as far as he can go. If he had more energy, I think he could take us further, but not without more help, which he wouldn't have.

I don't think the club as the whole has some no compromise, excellence at any cost, running right the way to the top. I think that ownership would see this season as a success, and I think we will be looking at it the same way next season.

As klopp said, his ending this way makes it easier for the next guy.

At the end of the day we will finish with a trophy and CL qualification. I’d have taken that after last year. The problem is that there is a sense of “look what you could have won” about it now. The midfield upgrade wasn’t as good as we first thought unfortunately
I think the midfield is good enough but not quite ready. Next season…

All the emotion is pretty much about him leaving.

If he wasn’t then job done for the rebuild.
The job is half done for the rebuild. Attack isnt there. Overpaid star collapsed into a black hole. Konate and quansah are not nailed on, and vvd and robbo inevitably declining. Our system of play isn't convincing, trents position isn't sorted. Lots of good options, but no clear answers. All for slot to sort.

A trophy, albeit a micky mouse 1, and top 4. Couldn't have imagined for much more.

We've done well to be in the title mix for as long as we have, ended on a bit of a downer but for me it's the right time now for Klopp to leave. Team looks like it needs fresh ideas, as great as a manager Klopp is, sometimes his decisions/tactics on the pitch are questionable.

Probably wouldn't have felt any worst or better if he wasn't leaving.

More focus might have been on the positives rather than lamenting over the what-ifs.

At 2.14 pts per game (only 4 league games lost), this is Klopp's 4th best season with us (the others being those where we ended up with 92 to 99 pts)
- and that's with players from the starting XI (Alisson, Matip, Robertson, Trent) being absent for pretty long periods of time
+ incorporating new players (esp. Szobo, Macca, Endo - 2 of whom were new to the country and league) - remember back then when he had the luxury of given Robertson and Fabinho their debuts only months after they joined us?

- not to forget the young players he integrated almost seamlessly into the starting XI (Quansah, Bradley) and into the squad (Clark, Danns, McConnell etc.)

Sadly, cos he's leaving, all the attention went to how he finishes the season with us.

We’re at the same moment as when we lost the CL against Madrid the first time.

If Klopp was full of energy, we would have a lot to look forward to.

As it is, he’s knackered and the team has reflected that in the last month

Feels like the final Benitez season. Great manager, stumbled a bit and felt like it reached the end of a cycle. And yet a year or two later, we all wished we could have turned the clock back and had a bit more time.

If Klopp wasn't leaving, it would be hard. There are positives about the squad for sure that we can build on to make a great team but there's way too much work as well...

I honestly think in secret Klopp realizes that this Liverpool 2.0 is not what he thought it might be. It's like when you take on a home project you imagine what it might look like when you finish but halfway through you realize you made some mistakes and you lose the motivation to continue. That to me looks like what's going on.

If he stayed on he would have to ensure that he made some big decisions on certain players by admitting failure and moving them on. But because Klopp is so loyal I can't see that happening, and in turn unfortunately, I could kind of see a mini late-stage Wenger, where we just settle for 4th place finishes because I don't think without admitting 2.0 was executed incorrectly that Klopp could recover the overall situation. For this reason, I'm glad he is leaving now, and that when he fully retires from Football I look forward to seeing his deserved statue outside of Anfield, he is a legend, the best I have ever seen as a Liverpool manager in my lifetime. The Kop should unofficially be the "Jurgen Kop" stand lol

Klopp would be staying if he had more drive and energy to be.

The fact that he hasn't, has clearly rubbed off on the players. He looks bereft of ideas and his usual passion and now so do the players. His spat with Salah is the final straw really and shows all is not as rosy behind the scenes as it has been, and needs to be to challenge.

I honestly believe that if klopp had the energy to stay, he'd be doing a much better job now, and we'd be winning the league. We'd all want him to stay.

He isn't though and a klopp like this is no good for him or us, hence I'm glad he's moving on.

Out of curiosity (or you can call it boredom), checked out the predictions from various media before the season began. Not that all of them are accurate/worth listening to but rather for a slightly clearer indication of expectations. More think that we will fail to make top 4 then those who think we will finish in top 2.

Untitled.jpg

- https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66434067
- https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-make-2023-24-Premier-League-predictions.html
- https://www.nbcsports.com/soccer/news/predicting-the-2023-24-premier-league-table
- https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...predictions-23-24-champions-top-4-relegation/
- https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...redictions-2023-24-preview-tips-b2389540.html

As a lifelong Liverpool fan the klopp years have been on the whole enjoyable with the exception of last season But the players he’s brought in just aren’t good enough for that midfield or attack Diaz the exception Nunez no Gakpo no szoboslai no gravenberch no so how many players from the current squad would you keep I got to 9 the rest not including the kids can go

His empire has certainly reached its end. You can see it in him. There is a tiredness in his actions, like sitting down at the end of our last few defeats. There’s also a tiredness in his tactics and approach.

I think we’ve seen both the best and worst of Klopp this season. The manic endings which give you such a buzz when we win. That’s coupled with those inevitable slow starts where the opposition show they aren’t scared of us. Putting faith in those who get a chance and make them feel 10 foot tall. Only to then take them straight out of the squad for his “favoured” personnel.

If he had the energy to go on next season, I would be hoping he could recognise he needs the help from those around him and to relinquish some control. His signings haven’t worked in the most part. Have an idea what 2.0 looks like and trust those to get the round pegs for the round holes. Really trust those who step up to the plate. Mostly, I would hope he could recognise when it is the end of the road of some of his players ability to play at this level and have those honest conversations. Loyalty will only hurt in the long term.

He wouldn’t be untouchable though. I’d still be showing real concern if we didn’t change the starts of our games and put the fear factor back.

His empire has certainly reached its end. You can see it in him. There is a tiredness in his actions, like sitting down at the end of our last few defeats. There’s also a tiredness in his tactics and approach.

I think we’ve seen both the best and worst of Klopp this season. The manic endings which give you such a buzz when we win. That’s coupled with those inevitable slow starts where the opposition show they aren’t scared of us. Putting faith in those who get a chance and make them feel 10 foot tall. Only to then take them straight out of the squad for his “favoured” personnel.

If he had the energy to go on next season, I would be hoping he could recognise he needs the help from those around him and to relinquish some control. His signings haven’t worked in the most part. Have an idea what 2.0 looks like and trust those to get the round pegs for the round holes. Really trust those who step up to the plate. Mostly, I would hope he could recognise when it is the end of the road of some of his players ability to play at this level and have those honest conversations. Loyalty will only hurt in the long term.

He wouldn’t be untouchable though. I’d still be showing real concern if we didn’t change the starts of our games and put the fear factor back.

He truly does look exhausted. As someone who has experienced clinical burnout more than once, I appreciate that the solution for him right now is not working harder or taking a light break. It's going to take a while to unwind the situation he's in and get to a place where he can appropriately and safely move forward.

So Arsenal came 2nd last year, and basically spent 200M (Havertz, Rice, Timber) to buy exactly what they needed to strengthen again?

I wonder if we'll do the same...

I think the midfield upgrade showed what Klopp could achieve with proper ballers in the team, how many teams has it been that our midfield has let us down this season ? - what maybe 2 or 3 times ? - that sounds about right. Lets deep it - what has let us down this season ? -

1) The missed chances
2) The defence since February

Klopp has actually trained a title winning team this season - he really has, but the missed chances ultimately by our front men has let him down. The title was in our hands just two weeks ago before the Crystal Palace game - that's how close we have come, and apart from Man City - I think we have played more games than Arsenal this season with a new midfield and more injuries. This is the measure of the man who is our current Manager - KLOPP !!!

Now the question of if Klopp was not leaving - of course he would stay on but if truth be told - I would be unhappy, because too many times he has bought us so close to winning and so many times we have been left disappointed. Yes he has taken all of us on journeys we will remember forever, but we just cannot lose sight of the fact that winning is also part of this clubs history. I think we could all do with a change of manager now - so he has timed it right, and also like I have said before - I want the new manager to allow our midfielders to express themselves better than what they have done under Klopp.

Back
Top Bottom