• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Well, we live in hope, Andriy...............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuyt had some good games for us up front last season - and scored most of his goals there too - but we really do need someone who can inject a bit of pace into the forward line when Nando is out.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=34383.msg895586#msg895586 date=1246013397]
Kuyt had some good games for us up front last season - and scored most of his goals there too - but we really do need someone who can inject a bit of pace into the forward line when Nando is out.
[/quote]

Someone other than Babel, you mean?

[/quote]

Exactly.

I'd like Martins for the right price. He was linked to Stoke for £5m somewhere.

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=34383.msg895594#msg895594 date=1246014280]
[/quote]

Someone other than Babel, you mean?

[/quote]

Yup.

[quote author=Akakabooto link=topic=34383.msg895598#msg895598 date=1246014591]
[/quote]

Exactly.

I'd like Martins for the right price. He was linked to Stoke for £5m somewhere.
[/quote]

Yes please. Martins is quality.

Martins is a flashy MOTD player who's been poor for a very long time.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=34383.msg895865#msg895865 date=1246039881]
Martins is a flashy MOTD player who's been poor for a very long time.
[/quote]

Maybe because he played for a shit team with a collection of shit managers? If you look at his career stats, you will see a striker who will very consistently give you 1 goal in 3 league appearances (appearances, not starts) and 4 in 10 european games. Actually it's remarkable how consistent he's been throughout his career, despite playing for several different managers and two clubs that were not in the best shape at the time. In addition to goals, you will get a considerable physical presence, loads of pace, good work-rate and a first-class attitude. And he is much more tactically savvy than your average English striker due to having spent his formative years in Italy. He can even do a decent job on the wing, I'm sure Rafa would appreciate that. The only question mark for me is his age, but even if he is indeed a few years older than his passport indicates, surely he still has quite a few years left in him. I would definitely prefer Martins to Darrent Bent for the role he would be asked to play in our team, because to survive as a striker in Rafa's team you need to be flexible and adaptable and tactically smart.

As I suspect we don't have all that much left in the transfer kitty I would rather bring Voronin back and put all the remaining funds towards someone like Silva then to try and split it between a couple of new attackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom