• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Welcome Lallana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope he isn't anywhere near as overrated and overpriced as I think he is, I feel we paid at least double what he's worth, if not more. We just don't know when to walk away from a deal.

You TRULY don't think it's relevant the fact that he only had one year on his contract? That severely reduced his price and you know it.
Is Lallana with a 20 year contract worth what we're paying for him?

Is the welcome Lallana thread going to be ruined with whinging about how much he cost us? It's too late, time to move on, we paid our money.

Is Lallana with a 20 year contract worth what we're paying for him?
Wow you just completely ignored my question. lets get back on track here. You were having yet another dig comparing the fee of rakitic with lallana and how it is only 10m apart. I said to dont you think the fact he had one year left (whereas lallana had 3 or 4 I cant remember) made a difference to the fee they paid. That they would have had to pay a lot more if he had more years on his contract. And your answer is?

No I'm done.

yea I saw your post just after, cheer up, money aside he's still a good player

More goals last season than - Oscar / Silva / Coutinho / Mata / Ozil
More dribbles per game than - Oscar / Silva / Mata / Ozil
More assists than - Oscar / Mata

Wow you just completely ignored my question. lets get back on track here. You were having yet another dig comparing the fee of rakitic with lallana and how it is only 10m apart. I said to dont you think the fact he had one year left (whereas lallana had 3 or 4 I cant remember) made a difference to the fee they paid. That they would have had to pay a lot more if he had more years on his contract. And your answer is?
My answer is Barca managed to sign someone who's better for £10 million less than what we paid for Lallana.
We managed to pay £10 million more for a player who's basically worth around £15 million. Which is the better deal?

The point is you've always got a choice, you can say no.
We just bent over. Just like we did with the Downing and Carroll deals.

the proof of the pudding is in the eating. We'll see if he's worth it. It seems like he'll be a little better than Allen, but we'll see

We play in the big leagues now. Some players you will get at cut price, some will cost an arm and a leg. That's what happens when you swim with the big fishies Modo.

Transfers in recent years for players over 25, for more than 25M.

2014/15
David Luiz 44M (PSG) @ 27
Fabregas 29M (Chelsea) @ 27
Adam Lallana 28M (Liverpool) @ 26

2013/14
Cavani 57M (PSG) @ 26
Falcao 53M (Monaco) @ 27
Fernandinho 35m (City) @ 28

2012/13
Hulk 49M (Zenit) @ 26
Thiago Silva 40M (PSG) @ 27
Van Persie 27M (United) @ 29
Modric 26M (Real Madrid) @ 26
Lavezzi 26M (PSG) @ 27

2011/12
NONE

2010/11
Torres 52M (Chelsea) @ 26
Yaya Toure 26M (City) @ 27

2009/10
Zlatan 61M (Barcelona) @ 27
Kaka 57M (Real Madrid) @ 27
Xabi Alonso 31M (Real Madrid) @ 27

One of these things is not like the others.

I sure hope he isn't anywhere near as overrated and overpriced as I think he is, I feel we paid at least double what he's worth, if not more. We just don't know when to walk away from a deal.

it could equally be argued we were not buying the players the manager wants; and now we are.If it costs a few pounds extra so be it.

Transfers in recent years for players over 25, for more than 25M.

2014/15
David Luiz 44M (PSG) @ 27
Fabregas 29M (Chelsea) @ 27
Adam Lallana 28M (Liverpool) @ 26

2013/14
Cavani 57M (PSG) @ 26
Falcao 53M (Monaco) @ 27
Fernandinho 35m (City) @ 28

2012/13
Hulk 49M (Zenit) @ 26
Thiago Silva 40M (PSG) @ 27
Van Persie 27M (United) @ 29
Modric 26M (Real Madrid) @ 26
Lavezzi 26M (PSG) @ 27

2011/12
NONE

2010/11
Torres 52M (Chelsea) @ 26
Yaya Toure 26M (City) @ 27

2009/10
Zlatan 61M (Barcelona) @ 27
Xabi Alonso 31M (Real Madrid) @ 27

One of these things is not like the others.
Hulk is shit and not even worth 15m. Never known such an overrated player to somehow get himself such a big deal. People were up in arms ans laughing how city overpaid for fernandinho. Now people are saying its a bargain.

it could equally be argued we were not buying the players the manager wants; and now we are.If it costs a few pounds extra so be it.

Look at that list above though. When you spend this sort of money on players of this age, you expect established, world class players, or have tons of oil money around.

Wouldn't 16m assume he's going to be shit for us? I reckon the least we'll pay is about 20m.

It's done now anyway, no point complaining about the price any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom