• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Welcome Lallana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BrhPXJTCIAECYGM.jpg

For me , when a player moves on to so called 'bigger and better' things it obviously hurts a bit . We're lucky enough that we are normally on the other side of the coin but our poor performances in recent years have left us open to it (mascherano , torres etc) . But i can handle it if the player (and club in fairness) does it with respect and honesty like Lallana has done . Without going too off thread it's one of the things that wrecked my head with the deals mentioned and Suarez last year . He handled it like a child throwing his toys out and if rumours are true (he apologised because Barca told him too ) it sounds like he's doing the same this.

Apparently, instead of placating the Southampton fans, the thank you ad is majorly pissing them off further.

Apparently, instead of placating the Southampton fans, the thank you ad is majorly pissing them off further.

I guess that for a start, it'll be a bit like Henderson leaving Sunderland. Henderson got booed on his return to Sunderland in his first season IIRC, but I think the reception has improved since then, and he remains a Sunderland fan. I suppose it's a matter of fans needing time to accept that the departure was inevitable and that the player's decision to leave was a reasonable one - as long as the parting was amicable.

Reading their forum, some are saying he allegedly threatened to go on strike to force the move, hence their vitriol.

Not sure if there's truth in that, or if it's just a nasty rumour started by some to ease their pain.

I have some sympathy for them but we did pay more than a fair wedge for his services.

I have some sympathy but he was there for 14 years, they've got a tonne of cash for him, and he's gone to the trouble of publicly thanking them. I don't really see what their problem is. They can be gutted he's gone, but I can't see how he's particularly screwed them over or insulted them in some way.

I guess that for a start, it'll be a bit like Henderson leaving Sunderland. Henderson got booed on his return to Sunderland in his first season IIRC, but I think the reception has improved since then, and he remains a Sunderland fan. I suppose it's a matter of fans needing time to accept that the departure was inevitable and that the player's decision to leave was a reasonable one - as long as the parting was amicable.

They take issue with the manner in which he engineered his move out of the club, like how he said he kissed the badge and said he couldn't see himself at another club etc. I can kinda see where they're coming from because it seems like he, as the club captain, is deserting the club as it's on the up and leading an exodus of players. Even though they have been well compensated they feel betrayed.

I have some sympathy but he was there for 14 years, they've got a tonne of cash for him, and he's gone to the trouble of publicly thanking them. I don't really see what their problem is. They can be gutted he's gone, but I can't see how he's particularly screwed them over or insulted them in some way.

That's how I see it as well. I mean the lad went through several divisions with the club, and stayed with them through the less glorious years.

Being reported that Bournmouth are reciving 4 mill from the Lallana transfer initially.
Which would mean the fee is 16 mill with add ons.

Being reported that Bournmouth are reciving 4 mill from the Lallana transfer initially.
Which would mean the fee is 16 mill with add ons.

Huh? Not sure how much Bournmouth receive makes a difference to how much we pay?

Edit: Ah, the 25%, got it now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom