• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Welcome Lallana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't 16m assume he's going to be shit for us? I reckon the least we'll pay is about 20m.

It's done now anyway, no point complaining about the price any more.

Yeah it's not enough. He must be shite.

We should have paid 28m for somebody.

At least he has a semi exotic name.

Another sign we're great fans. I don't hear other clubs complaining about their clubs spending their money as much as we do. It's a good thing.

All fees from Transfermarkt

d0tFIV8.jpg

No no no you have got this all wrong.

You are supposed to further inflate the price and take the piss.

Sorry new to this...

He is shit wouldn't make the United over 40's team (which he will almost be eligible for next season) and we wouldn't have paid more than £2m for him, all incentive based due to his age

It's not Irish.

You could say 'that was a baller move' if someone did something flash.

You would hear it being used in the NBA or even in the rap game.

Oh fuck yet another Americanism reaches our shores but this time via Australia.

I sure hope he isn't anywhere near as overrated and overpriced as I think he is, I feel we paid at least double what he's worth, if not more. We just don't know when to walk away from a deal.

You couldn't get Borini for your figure !

Baller is pure 'murica

Doesn't it come from basketball, as in a baller is someone really good at it?

My answer is Barca managed to sign someone who's better for £10 million less than what we paid for Lallana.
We managed to pay £10 million more for a player who's basically worth around £15 million. Which is the better deal?

The point is you've always got a choice, you can say no.
We just bent over. Just like we did with the Downing and Carroll deals.

We didn't bend over for:
Konoplyanka
Willian
Salah
End result: We have none of them. We have Iago Aspas.
So forgive me if I'm not very upset at overpaying for Adam Lallana. There is always a better deal but sometimes signing Lallana for 25m is a better deal than not signing Rakitic for 15m.

We didn't bend over for:
Konoplyanka
Willian
Salah
So forgive me if I'm not very upset at overpaying for Adam Lallana. There is always a better deal but sometimes signing Lallana for 25m is a better deal than not signing Rakitic for 15m.

I think this just shows that we're even bigger idiots for overpaying for the wrong players.

We didn't bend over for:
Konoplyanka
Willian
Salah

We used to bend over for any English player. End result, we finished 7th.
We stopped doing that. End result, we finished second.

Having said that I actually think he'll be a good player for us. I just did worry we'd pay more than he's worth and that would affect us buying other types of players who are arguably more important.

He's the least "English" player we've signed though

He'll be ace!

Yeah. I probably shouldn't have written English, we've had plenty of great English players, and I wouldn't want us to not sign any. I just don't want us to overpay for them. I do think Lallana has a good shot at bucking the recent trend.

I heard that its 17m with potential to rise to 25m based on champs league and shit.

Robert Snodgrass just cost 8m
17m is good money for Lallana.
Im guessing the reason we didnt sign him earlier was because Southampton wanted to strike a deal which meant they paid less to Bournemouth or we paid more for the player.
So it looks like weve signed our player for 17m up top, Bournemouth will make about 5m and Saints about 20m if all the add ons come in.
I dont really mind that. If we pay the money hes been a success.

I heard that its 17m with potential to rise to 25m based on champs league and shit.

Robert Snodgrass just cost 8m
17m is good money for Lallana.
Im guessing the reason we didnt sign him earlier was because Southampton wanted to strike a deal which meant they paid less to Bournemouth or we paid more for the player.
So it looks like weve signed our player for 17m up top, Bournemouth will make about 5m and Saints about 20m if all the add ons come in.
I dont really mind that. If we pay the money hes been a success.

If it is 17m it is v. good value. however, lfchistory.net have him down as 25m and they tend to be accurate. 25m is prob too much, nevertheless welcome Adam YNWA

Another sign we're great fans. I don't hear other clubs complaining about their clubs spending their money as much as we do. It's a good thing.
There has been a fair amount of moaning about this signing but I feel it's only coming from a couple of attention seekers. I'm loving this signing personally.

Is it wrong that i don't care how much he cost?

Of course not, you can care about what you want to care about.

If he's successful I won't give a shit, if he's not and we don't sign someone else because we've overpaid a bit, then I will give a shit.

As it is now, it's done, so I'm over it and am looking forward to seeing him play for us.

Of course not, you can care about what you want to care about.

If he's successful I won't give a shit, if he's not and we don't sign someone else because we've overpaid a bit, then I will give a shit.

As it is now, it's done, so I'm over it and am looking forward to seeing him play for us.
A fine attitude. I predict a long and happy life for you. X

Saying we could have got Rakitic for £15m which is a better deal is hilarious, its almost as if Barcelona didn't sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom