• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Toronto Fc vs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly a bit harsh, but let's face it he's appalling. He gets away with it from most cos he's scouse, but when your second touch is continually a tackle, you're not gonna work out.

He's not good enough, that is pretty much obvious.

I thought the first half team implemented Rodgers' style of play more than their replacements.They kept the ball for prolonged periods and I thought Bert looked really good.

When Rodgers was asked about Lucas's qualities, he put an arm on the Brazilian's shoulder and declared that he would build a team around him.
"He is the ultimate professional," said the boss. "He is going to be a brilliant player for me in my career here at Liverpool and I'm looking forward to seeing him back fully fit."
The 25-year-old could make his first appearance since sustaining an cruciate ligament injury in November on Saturday as Liverpool begin their pre-season proper.
His return to action has come two months ahead of schedule.
Rodgers added: "I have only been at the club a short period of time, and when I first arrived, everyone told me about how special he was as a player and a character, and he's even better when you meet him in real life and see how hard he works.
"The injury he's had is normally nine months before you get back at all, so he's back two months early. You only do that through one thing: sheer determination and hard work.
"I know that every day of his life he is fighting hard to get back, and as I said, he's not only a top footballer but a top guy as well."

Pleased for the young lads who did well. Pachecho, Suso, Sterling, Shelvey, Morgan, and Robinson all have a part to play this season if we give them a chance. Not for the first time, thought Sterling looked strangely tentative to really attack his man at times. I think it might be a combination of him trying to be mature and sensible and therefore trying to go for the less obvious, and more importantly, still being so small compared to senior players and so easily dominated in any kind of tussle. In that sense, he's not ready for the first team, but can deffinitely still play a role in the right games IMO.

Suso was brilliant. Starting to get really excited about him - looked to improve with the better players around him.

Just watching it on replay tonight.

What on earth was young Morgan doing with that celebration? It's a friendly son. Relax.

This is what it was all about.

The England youth international revealed just how much he has enjoyed the trip across the Atlantic so far and thanked Rodgers for putting faith in him.
"The experience has been great," the Scouser continued. "I want to thank the manager and his backroom staff for trusting me to come in and come to pre-season in America, I've loved every minute from start to finish and that just topped it off."
Morgan also explained that his goal had extra personal meaning for his family, some of whom were in attendance at the match, and said the strike was a tribute to his grandmother.
The striker concluded: "My dad would have cried at that goal because he wants me to do it just as much as I do, and that goal was for him and my family. My nan passed away a short while ago and that was for her."

Just watching it on replay tonight.

What on earth was young Morgan doing with that celebration? It's a friendly son. Relax.

There's 30 odd k in the stadium, he's just scored a goal and he wants to celebrate. I like that - every game we play (even the Carling Cup! 😉) should be taken seriously .. The kids need to know - make an impression, and it counts for something. The kid has something - not sure if it's enough for us, but he'll score goals somewhere if not with us.

So we're giving a young lad stick for scoring his first goal innfront of his family, jeezzeess. Let the kid have his moment

Morgan's still raw but he's cocky in a good way and eager to learn. If Rodgers works with him he'll repay him sooner rather than later. He's one of those home-grown talents who'll give everything for the shirt and make each triumph all the sweeter. I hope Rushie and Fowler are talking to him - what a privilege for a kid to have them as mentors!

Shelvey and Suso were superb i thought but can someone please tell Enrique to stop trying to make himself dizzy and fucking RELEASE THE BALL FFS.

Enrique got himself into a mess in defence, too. It was like he was in some kind of daze. He really bothers me these days.

He's just so lackadaisical,it's infuriating.
Its going to cost us many points next season if it continues.

So, missed this match due to family birthday. Is it worth me watching the repeat this evening?

Not in pure entertainment terms, but the first half will at least show some signs of how Rodgers wants the team to play while the second half is a much livelier affair.

Fucking Morgan, celebrating like that, what a twat, he should have looked uber cool like Ryan would have.........Jesus wept
Its fucking great to see someone so please to score, regardless of the circumstances - forwards should just live to score goals regardless of the level, and being as pleased as that should only be seen as a positive.

I think what impressed me last night was that we had two teams that looked comfortable on the ball, OK they were playing an MLS side, and they threw a few youngsters in too, but and MLS side that is in mid season.
This without our Euro stars and Suarez, who were missing, Gerrard, Carroll, Suarez, Kelly, Johnson, Henderson, fucking Downing, Agger, Reina, add Borini to that now, and that is two short of three team.
The future is youth, well a mix of it, I think we are going to see a few risks taken by Brendan this year, and good luck to him.
regards

Pacheco
Suso,
Sterling
Morgan

In that order should be featuring in some games, Pacheco showed he is ready now in my opinion, and the others could be by the end of the season start of next if handled correctly, and that does not mean going out on loan.

Harder for Morgan as a forward as there are less opportunities as less places, but having said that there is less cover.

Morgan will get a go in some of the europa league games possibly, or the carling cup, if he continues his preseason with this amount of effort

120721-005-Liverpool-Toronto.jpg

"Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, that player is closing in on me"

120721-007-Liverpool-Toronto.jpg

"Stop, touching me you German Bjorn Borg looking muthafucka"

120721-010-Liverpool-Toronto.jpg

"Oh shit another one"

120721-005-Liverpool-Toronto.jpg

"Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, that player is closing in on me"

120721-007-Liverpool-Toronto.jpg

"Stop, touching me you German Bjorn Borg looking muthafucka"

120721-010-Liverpool-Toronto.jpg

"Oh shit another one"

Haha, i was actually impressed with Aquilani being stong when players were on him, a few of them just bounced off him and he shields the ball quite well.

Thought he was good overall. Rarely gave the ball away and looked in control.

Haha, i was actually impressed with Aquilani being stong when players were on him, a few of them just bounced off him and he shields the ball quite well.

Thought he was good overall. Rarely gave the ball away and looked in control.

Aquilani played it simple, and kept the ball. 33 of 34 passes completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom