• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Toronto Fc vs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suso and Sterling should be in 1st team squad next season. Easily on bench. If downing is ahead of them i'll cry

Few observations from the bits I caught of that game....

I have no idea who Toronto FC are, or if they're any good, but I liked the cut of our jib in that game, we seemed to do well, looked like we wanted to play and were playing good football.

Joe Cole's last two deliveries were shocking.

Nice to see Lucas back.

Some of our youth players looked quite impressive, Sterling, Suso, Morgan, Adorgan(sp?) it looks like we have a lot of pace and trickery which we've lacked forever.

The goal was sloppy defending but on the whole we looked ok defensively.

Shelvey was really trying to be a playmaker and start attacks.

We could do with more clear cut chances but that will come with game time, fitness and the gelling of the squad.

All in all, quite pleased with that, I actually enjoyed watching the football and the youth team, i'm impressed.

Onwards and upwards.

I really enjoyed this game ...

Positives:

- the way Rodgers wants to play is there to be seen. Quick, decisive passing and few long balls. I'm impressed how quickly the transition is going.
- Pacheco looked very menacing. I hope Rodgers can do to him what he did to Sinclair.
- Aquilani made a tackle.
- Morgan seems to have very good instincts. He moves well, harasses defenders - he's one of those players who could get some Carling Cup/Europa league time and develop quicker this year.
- Suso and Sterling both have such talent, and it's quite clear they have roles to play on this team - be it as impact subs or starters against weaker teams. I am excited about them.
- We can watch the team again.
- Lucas - welcome back!

Negatives:

- fuck 'em, first pre=season game.

I've been saying it for about a year now that Suso is our most promising player.
Dalglish either failed or refused to recognize that, but I certainly hope Rodgers does.
Starting him against Toronto is a step in the right direction. He also played him in the middle. Doesn't sound like much but it's a big fucking deal.

Adorgan(sp?) it looks like we have a lot of pace and trickery which we've lacked forever.

Tbf Adorjan is more suited to play behind the striker. He was playing alongside Shelvey centrally today and he's not really that good there.

Few observations from the bits I caught of that game....

I have no idea who Toronto FC are, or if they're any good, but I liked the cut of our jib in that game, we seemed to do well, looked like we wanted to play and were playing good football.

Joe Cole's last two deliveries were shocking.

Nice to see Lucas back.

Some of our youth players looked quite impressive, Sterling, Suso, Morgan, Adorgan(sp?) it looks like we have a lot of pace and trickery which we've lacked forever.

The goal was sloppy defending but on the whole we looked ok defensively.

Shelvey was really trying to be a playmaker and start attacks.

We could do with more clear cut chances but that will come with game time, fitness and the gelling of the squad.

All in all, quite pleased with that, I actually enjoyed watching the football and the youth team, i'm impressed.

Onwards and upwards.

This

Reactions: Ijg
Shelvey has massive talent. Even I was surprised by how consistent he was in the long pass

I said last season that it wouldn't be too rash to include Morgan on the bench for the odd game. Some complained about his finishing, but he's a proper striker and I think he deserves plenty of encouragement this season.

I said last season that it wouldn't be too rash to include Morgan on the bench for the odd game. Some complained about his finishing, but he's a proper striker and I think he deserves plenty of encouragement this season.

I was really impressed by his work rate and movement. He plays with pride

really impressed with shelvey, suso, sterling and Pacheco, Morgan played well too.

based on 4-3-3

gk: reina/gulasci/doni
rb: Johnson/flano/kelly
cb: agger/skrtel/coates/Kelly/carra
lb: Enrique/robbo/kelly

mid: gerrard/aqua/suso/shelvey/lucas/hendo/cole/Allen?

rf: sterling/borini/Dempsey?/Pacheco
st: Carroll/borini/Suarez/morgan/Dempsey?
lf: sterling/borini/Suarez/Dempsey?/Pacheco

we have great depth, maybe just another Striker is needed.

Dempsey/borini/Allen and a striker/forward would be pretty good.

Dempsey/borini/Allen and a striker/forward would be pretty good.

A top class wing-forward. Another Suarez if you will. My dream signing albeit short sighted would be someone like David Villa.
Number two on my list is Jovetic.
Dempsey, Borini, Allen and Jovetic/Villa would be the BEEZ MUTHA FUCKING NEEZ

I think we're short of 1 quality inside forward. Pacheco, sterling, could do a job, but I'd prefer 1 more quality back up to borini/suarez

Suppose we've got bellers and potentially Dempsey though

Pacheco' performance was a pleasant surprise tonight.

Yes it was only pre-season etc, but he looks much stronger physically and really fired up for it.

I think we're short of 1 quality inside forward. Pacheco, sterling, could do a job, but I'd prefer 1 more quality back up to borini/suarez

Suppose we've got bellers and potentially Dempsey though

Agree, i'd be surprised if we didn't strengthen in that area though.

Carra looks dead happy for him.
Also, what's with the number? Did they run out of 5's for the trip?

120721-015-liverpool_toronto.jpg

Just watching it on replay tonight.

What on earth was young Morgan doing with that celebration? It's a friendly son. Relax.

Possibly a bit harsh, but let's face it he's appalling. He gets away with it from most cos he's scouse, but when your second touch is continually a tackle, you're not gonna work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom