• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Egyptian King

Hopefully we manage his games well, and the fact Salah’s the player ahead of him means that we will.
I’d be as worried as you if he was a 60m+ investment.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/federico-chiesa/verletzungen/spieler/341092

This looks like continuous injuries unless i'm missing something here. It would be even more games in our league as we play more games. Then there is the point he's never been the same player since his injury. Lost a pit of pace. Some italian journalists are saying he's only 40% of the player that he used to be. I can't testify to this as i've seen very little of him to comment. But his injury record concerns me. You wonder how his body will handle our league which is a lot more physical.
I heard that on talkSPORT last week, too. Not sure how he came up with 40%. Maybe he meant his performances are significantly lower than they had been prior to that ACL injury.

I also thought it was hyperbole. Van Dyk too some time to get back and even now hasn’t yet hit the heights of pre-injury.
Age isn't on Van Dijk's side, but he's still been good enough to be picked in the world XI, PL team of the season etc.

To be honest, I haven't followed Chiesa that closely these past few years and there's probably some truth to the talk about him being decimated by injuries. 40% is a joke though.
We've bought him to back up our front three. So it'll be subs appearances and the odd start in cups in the beginning. He'll be eased back.

There's a lot of speculation about his fitness, but I've got one fact that dispels all of it imo, and it's that he passed the fucking medical.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/federico-chiesa/verletzungen/spieler/341092

This looks like continuous injuries unless i'm missing something here. It would be even more games in our league as we play more games. Then there is the point he's never been the same player since his injury. Lost a pit of pace. Some italian journalists are saying he's only 40% of the player that he used to be. I can't testify to this as i've seen very little of him to comment. But his injury record concerns me. You wonder how his body will handle our league which is a lot more physical.
He played 33 and 32 league games in the past 2 seasons. He won't be asked to play anything like that here with our forward options.

He played 33 and 32 league games in the past 2 seasons. He won't be asked to play anything like that here with our forward options.
Why not? He won't start 30+ league games but he'll definitely be subbed on.
Have a feeling that Slot isn't going to be all lovey dovey with Salah, the same way Klopp was.

Have a feeling that Slot isn't going to be all lovey dovey with Salah, the same way Klopp was.
Maybe. Yes, I suppose he'll get minutes, but I mean he won't play substantial minutes in that many games.

Klopp was lovey dovey with the whole team. That's just how klopp was. It wasn't like Salah got preferential treatment so I'm not sure what you mean.

Klopp was lovey dovey with the whole team. That's just how klopp was. It wasn't like Salah got preferential treatment so I'm not sure what you mean.
Let me make a quick call to Sadio to verify.

Sadio says no *cough*

Let me make a quick call to Sadio to verify.

Sadio says no *cough*
Ermmm sadio and Salah had issues. Sadio and klopp got on great. Sadio wanted to leave two seasons prior and was persuaded by klopp to stay.

Ermmm sadio and Salah had issues. Sadio and klopp got on great. Sadio wanted to leave two seasons prior and was persuaded by klopp to stay.
Sadio won the AFCON and they didn't celebrate him because Salah was butthurt. They could have celebrated both.
How often did Klopp rest Salah? Felt like it was Salah who decided if he played or not. What was the point in starting him in league cup games?
Salah, probably one our worst penalty takers (among the experts), still takes pens. Even though several others had/have a better record.
Those extra hugs before every game in the tunnel. His so called "tradition" with Salah.

No wonder Sadio said fuck it...

Sadio won the AFCON and they didn't celebrate him because Salah was butthurt. They could have celebrated both.
How often did Klopp rest Salah? Felt like it was Salah who decided if he played or not. What was the point in starting him in league cup games?
Salah, probably one our worst penalty takers (among the experts), still takes pens. Even though several others had/have a better record.
Those extra hugs before every game in the tunnel. His so called "tradition" with Salah.

No wonder Sadio said fuck it...
Sadio's physical decline kind of proved that Salah playing more often and longer made more sense. You have to keep in mind we could no longer use Mane as a winger in his final season, and he's been shite ever since leaving LFC.

Sadio's physical decline kind of proved that Salah playing more often and longer made more sense. You have to keep in mind we could no longer use Mane as a winger in his final season, and he's been shite ever since leaving LFC.
You're right the decline was rapid, but boy did he run his legs off for us. He turned up every time we needed him and still didn't get enough love from Klopp.

Not sure there was much difference between both in how they were treated, Salah was the better play over the period though. Some people questioned on here on the timing to let get Sadio I remember but was the right choice.

You're right the decline was rapid, but boy did he run his legs off for us. He turned up every time we needed him and still didn't get enough love from Klopp.
How did he not get love? Klopp praised him just as much often. Just because he loved Salah doesn’t mean Sadio wasn’t. Is this a new SCM thing? Klopp revisited…

Nah he got that step child/adopted child love.
Nah he got that step child/adopted child kind of love.
Give it up mate, Sadio got enough love and he had a few periods where he wasn’t playing well but Klopp persisted. He even reinvented him through the middle when he could no longer play through the left. If it was Pep, he would have been sold that season in 2020.

Klopp hated them both and they both hated Klopp and each other, it was just one big hate triangle, but for the good of the team they all agreed to get along and put the rivalry to one side until the cameras were no more.

Salah was the only forward under klopp that got a pass for not pressing or getting back in position.

If you rated the whole team in terms of how much of a pain in the ass it was to play on at its peam, Salah and Allison would be at the bottom, the midfield and mane at the top.

There's footballing reasons for this but it would grate when things weren't going well.

You're basing that on very little. The fact klopp was able to persuade him to stay longer says to me they had a good relationship. Maybe sadio wasn't into hugs who knows. Either way there's definite flaws in your argument.

You're basing that on very little. The fact klopp was able to persuade him to stay longer says to me they had a good relationship. Maybe sadio wasn't into hugs who knows. Either way there's definite flaws in your argument.
There's definitely flaws, it's not like I'm sitting on inside information. I can only go by what I've seen on TV.

Back
Top Bottom