• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer Transfer Window

Why do people want to spend £60m+ on Colwill? I wouldn't go anywhere near their misfits. Look at Lavia, played 1 game all season and that was for 32m and was then injured.
Colwill's only made 20 PL appearance.

I wonder if the number crunchers have worked out which target (FWD) will convert all those chances to goals, and a DM + Defenders (CB+LB ?) that are good for Slot?

Screenshot-2024-05-31-130948.png

A player wanting to leave in search of first team football is their given right. After all this season he's proven he can play week in week out at a good level but those quotes seem abrupt.

Surely he knows we're under a totally new structure to the 1 he last saw and I doubt he would've already had any discussions with the guys that've just walked through the door.

A player wanting to leave in search of first team football is their given right. After all this season he's proven he can play week in week out at a good level but those quotes seem abrupt.

Surely he knows we're under a totally new structure to the 1 he last saw and I doubt he would've already had any discussions with the guys that've just walked through the door.
Yeah but it's foolish to dictate what we want for him, provided the "outburst" is legit. He's the one who signed the contract. In any case I don't think 20m is too much to ask. It will inevitably drop to 15m with some clauses which will be fair value for his talent.

Yeah but it's foolish to dictate what we want for him, provided the "outburst" is legit. He's the one who signed the contract. In any case I don't think 20m is too much to ask. It will inevitably drop to 15m with some clauses which will be fair value for his talent.

Is foolish to try and dictate what we want, but it's smart to kick up a fuss so we are eager to get rid.

One of the analysis of VdB is that while he’s good at “defending” he’s not as good on the ball - that means he’s never going to work out in a Slot system.

I’d happily give him a chance, but I think it’s certaywe’ll sign a CB this summer, so he’s probably toast.

Jobe Bellingham is talking to Palace, a player in my opinion we should chase even if it means selling CJ.
The good news is we are being linked to #6s unfortunately it's not the guy I want the most, Weiffer but Thuram, Ederson and Varelaare all exciting players. Though Thuram at £15m IMHO is hard to ignore.
Mbuemo price tag has been revealed, it's £50m. Though I would much prefer Frimpong who is homegrown who is also valued at £50m
We also liked Feyenoord's #9, appaz Slott thinks he can put away chances we're missing, but I definitely think any players we get in an equal number has to be sold.

Doubt they get him without Glasner, but Lazio claimed he wanted 2,5 mill sign on fee for a new contract, and decided to say no.

He's a free agent, of course he will want some sign on fee. Every player does. What planet are Lazio on? 2.5m to keep a first team player isn't that ridiculous.

He's a free agent, of course he will want some sign on fee. Every player does. What planet are Lazio on? 2.5m to keep a first team player isn't that ridiculous.

Well, their president is crazy so negotiating with him is close to impossible I guess

@bluebell - what's the latest word on the street ? - which number 6 are we likely to get ? are we getting a right winger and a defender - if so what's the latest ? I know its hard to answer these questions when the new coach is a bit of a ghost but you must have some idea.

@bluebell - what's the latest word on the street ? - which number 6 are we likely to get ? are we getting a right winger and a defender - if so what's the latest ? I know its hard to answer these questions when the new coach is a bit of a ghost but you must have some idea.
We are being continually being linked with #6s, few days ago it was Ederson and Varella and now Thuram. Teun Koopminers is another name that is being touted.
Window doesn't open till the 13th... unlike other windows, I don't know how Hughes will work in a bigger club. I think we need to sell to buy, CJ, Jota, Salah and Diaz futures are all are up for debate all for different reasons

Worked with us monitoring DCMs last summer so why not repeat the same trick this summer especially with Euros 2 weeks away. I suspect Slot would want his signings done soon especially with pre season starting a week early.

Will be really interesting to see first major moves and where Slot sees the need to make changes. Fingers crossed it is at the back.

I'm interested in our outgoings. I suspect we will be cautious but the general feeling is we need to sell and replace at least one of our forwards this year and likely two by next. I can kinda see how the rest of the current team can evolve and shape into what's needed under Slott, but our attackers each have their own issues, but fundamentally did not look natural fits for what I've seen from Slott.

Gakpo, Salah and Jota would be my guess at those who will adapt. Diaz and Nunez? I suspect they have their work cut out.

Back
Top Bottom