• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can imagine Slot doing a good people management job on the dutch players, so hoping & expecting Gakpo to thrive.

I love Diaz as a flair player, but I think Gakpo back to his more natural role as a left forward will be something we see a lot of. Jota might find himself having to have his minutes managed or used as an impact player as he is just so frustratingly injury prone.

I understand the desire of the incoming Head Coach to assess the squad but I think Hughes should have seen enough throughout the season to decide that the Club needs to move on certain signings / outgoings. These players are only going to back after the Euros / Copa America / Olympics but I don't think we can afford to wait.

I understand the desire of the incoming Head Coach to assess the squad but I think Hughes should have seen enough throughout the season to decide that the Club needs to move on certain signings / outgoings. These players are only going to back after the Euros / Copa America / Olympics but I don't think we can afford to wait.
I’m guessing the club have a tiered system.

Out the door no matter what. That’s not up for discussion.

Maybes. Either players Slott can’t work with or other factors dictate.

Not going anywhere. Ronseal does exactly what it says on the tin.

Slot would’ve known this list prior to starting this week.

Last edited:
I’m guessing the club have a tiered system.

Out the door no matter what. That’s not up for discussion.

Maybes. Either players Slott can’t work with or other factors dictate.

Not going anywhere. Ronseel does exactly what it says on the tin.

Slot would’ve known this list prior to starting this week.

I do hope there's some wiggle room depending what the coach wants. Like, who's to say slot doesn't come in and absolute love someone we all thinks on the way out.

I do hope there's some wiggle room depending what the coach wants. Like, who's to say slot doesn't come in and absolute love someone we all thinks on the way out.
That was one of Klopp’s weaknesses.

He was committed to players when they should’ve been removed from the squad. Henderson getting a new contract was a prime example.

He was committed to players when they should’ve been removed from the squad. Henderson getting a new contract was a prime example.
True. I think there's a middle ground that's ideal. Hopefully slot doesn't step in when the higher ups make decision on contracts

I can imagine Slot doing a good people management job on the dutch players, so hoping & expecting Gakpo to thrive.

I love Diaz as a flair player, but I think Gakpo back to his more natural role as a left forward will be something we see a lot of. Jota might find himself having to have his minutes managed or used as an impact player as he is just so frustratingly injury prone.
It's interesting we actually looked like we have a plan with Gakpo on the left, or is at least trying to create something out of a structure. The deliberate movements to make space and move, the combination plays etc, Gakpo is just a more thoughtful player.

With Diaz it's more like pass him the ball let him run and whatever happens, happens. Nobody knows what's coming next, not even Diaz himself.

Liverpool have offered Adrian San Miguel a new deal. The club have also confirmed that Thiago Alcantara and Joel Matip will be joined by Adam Lewis, Melkamu, Mateusz Musialowski, Nathan Giblin, Francis Gyimah, Luke Hewitson, Niall Osborn and Cody Pennington in departing on free transfers.

Why are we offering Spain's Answer to Frank Spencer a new deal? Make it make sense? The guy is a liability between the sticks.

Why are we offering Spain's Answer to Frank Spencer a new deal? Make it make sense? The guy is a liability between the sticks.
I don't think it's about first-team football, it's about who is between the sticks in training when the outfield players are doing shooting practice.
I remember reading an article a few years back that basically said that's the role of the number 3 keeper - work hard in training while the 1st and 2nd choice do less intensive work with the goalkeeping coaches. No-one wants Alisson or Irish Kev getting injured trying to save a Szobo pile driver in training. No-one's that bothered if it happens to Adrian.
I've been half expecting this since he didn't get a send-off after the Wolves game.

He’s meant to be decent with the coaching side of the game and we aren’t planning on utilising all our non-homegrown limit.

Batsignal to StevieM to explain.

I don't think it's about first-team football, it's about who is between the sticks in training when the outfield players are doing shooting practice.
I remember reading an article a few years back that basically said that's the role of the number 3 keeper - work hard in training while the 1st and 2nd choice do less intensive work with the goalkeeping coaches. No-one wants Alisson or Irish Kev getting injured trying to save a Szobo pile driver in training. No-one's that bothered if it happens to Adrian.
I've been half expecting this since he didn't get a send-off after the Wolves game.

Wot Beamrider says.

But also, you don’t really want him to play, and you don’t really want a young keeper languishing in a role when the need to play.

What you want is someone good enough to step in if there’s an emergency, that’s doesn’t want paid a fortune, is very professional and will train his balls off, but has made peace with the fact they likely won’t play.

City have Scot Carson, Utd have Tom Heaton - the problem with us is it takes up an overseas space - but there probably isn’t a whole lot of alternatives.

I suspected this might happen the minute he wasn’t given a send off like Thiago & Matip.

There’s a certain logic to it, but it does mean we’re not signing more than 2 OS players with selling an OS player first - Take your pick!!!

There were links to Alex McCarthy for that third keeper slot. That would make a lot of sense.

I'm interested in our outgoings. I suspect we will be cautious but the general feeling is we need to sell and replace at least one of our forwards this year and likely two by next. I can kinda see how the rest of the current team can evolve and shape into what's needed under Slott, but our attackers each have their own issues, but fundamentally did not look natural fits for what I've seen from Slott.

Gakpo, Salah and Jota would be my guess at those who will adapt. Diaz and Nunez? I suspect they have their work cut out.
Slott likes his players to work hard and cover a lot of ground. I think that Diaz and Nunez fits that description more than Gakpo, Jota and Salah.... But lets see just what he is looking for first

The new Hughes team at work already. Sending a message that the club won't hold on to players for long if they don't make it early enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom