• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Premier League | Week 1 | Other Games Thread

Squiggles

Other Games Thread Master
  • Manchester United vs. Fulham
    Friday, August 16 - 8:00 PM BST / 3:00 PM ET (Sky Main Event)
------------------
  • Ipswich Town vs. Liverpool
    Saturday, August 17 - 12:30 PM BST / 7:30 AM ET (TNT 1 )
  • Arsenal vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Saturday, August 17 - 3:00 PM BST / 10:00 AM ET
  • Everton vs. Brighton & Hove Albion
  • Newcastle United vs. Southampton
  • Nottingham Forest vs. Bournemouth
  • West Ham United vs. Aston Villa
    Saturday, August 17 - 5:30 PM BST / 12:30 PM ET (Sky Main Event)
------------------
  • Brentford vs. Crystal Palace
    Sunday, August 18 - 2:00 PM BST / 9:00 AM ET
  • Chelsea vs. Manchester City
    Sunday, August 18 - 4:30 PM BST / 11:30 AM ET (Sky Main Event)
-------------------

• Leicester vs. Spurs
    Monday, August 18 - 20:00 (Sky Main Event)

Manchester United v Fulham​

Team news​

Manchester United's new £52m signing Leny Yoro will miss the first three months of the season after injuring his foot in a pre-season friendly against Arsenal.

Rasmus Hojlund and Luke Shaw are also out injured.

Erik ten Hag says new signings Mattheus de Ligt and Noussair Mazraoui will be in the squad, as will Harry Maguire.

Fulham are expected to have a fully fit squad ahead of the game.

Emile Smith Rowe should make his competitive debut for the Cottagers after joining for a club record fee.

Head coach Marco Silva says it will take time for the midfielder to find his best physical level but is confident he can "make the difference".

Match facts​

Head-to-head
  • Manchester United have lost just four of their 34 Premier League meetings with Fulham (W24, D6).
  • However, the Cottagers triumphed 2-1 at Old Trafford in their most recent encounter in February, ending an 18-match winless run against United.
  • Fulham are looking to win consecutive away league visits to Manchester United for the first time.
Manchester United
  • Manchester United are the first side in Premier League history to start with a home game in eight consecutive seasons.
  • They have won their opening top-flight fixture a record 21 times.
  • United were eighth in the Premier League last season, their lowest league finish since ending 1989-90 in 13th place.
  • The Red Devils equalled the club record of nine competitive home defeats in a season in 2023-24.
Fulham
  • Fulham have finished 10th and 13th in the last two seasons after their previous three Premier League campaigns ended in relegation.
  • The Cottagers won four Premier League away fixtures last season, including their victory against Manchester United at Old Trafford (D6, L9).
  • Marco Silva is unbeaten in all six opening fixtures as a manager in English league football (W1, D5).
  • Emile Smith Rowe scored 10 goals in 33 Premier League games for Arsenal in 2021-22 but failed to net in his 25 top-flight appearances since then.

• Love
Reactions: dee
The Chief of Superstition would say certain sides do not play at all. Should those certain sides miraculously have a game, nobody should say a word until the outcome is a forgone conclusion.

5mins in and I can already tell Utd aren't finishing higher than 5th.

Adama still strong and fast as ever I see...... 😳

Can also see why he never scores more than 2 goals a season.

Fulham the better team.

United have no real striker and ETHs United struggle to make chances, so you would think their rat will have to put it on a plate for someone, or score himself.

If Adama knew how to pass, cross, shoot, pick his head up and change direction once in a blue moon, he’d be unstoppable.

I still can't believe that Chelsea managed to dump Mount on Man U and get £60 mill too.

What's embarrassing is that we also wanted the cunt

I still can't believe that Chelsea managed to dump Mount on Man U and get £60 mill too.

What's embarrassing is that we also wanted the cunt
I know but Klopp loved a limited midfielder, coz it meant he could just say run and press , coz that dont require any level of skill.

I know but Klopp loved a limited midfielder, coz it meant he could just say run and press , coz that dont require any level of skill.
Yeah well he's shit at that too.
Mount is the worst player on the pitch.

Good stop Leno.

Spreading those legs nice and wide....

Harry Maguire hahahahahaahahhahaaahhahaaha.

So United have spent something like £100m on defenders in the transfer window, they have no striker in their line-up and Harry Maguire is still playing.
You can see why they went to such lengths to get hold of Dan Ashworth.

If Adama traore had a brain/ability to pass/shoot/consistent technique, he would be an alright player

Sad to see Evans coming on to replace maguire. I think most fans would have been excited to see them play together. Maybe another day.

Back
Top Bottom