• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PL Opposition Tidbits

Might need you to help here with what I’ve miscounted?

What’s 50 years previous to 2013/14?
It seems the SCM posters are split on two different trains of thought - if someone says 50 years ago I don't look back up the thread to the last date mentioned and count back from there 😛

If someone says the football played in 2013/14 was the best for 50 years then it does imply it was the best football since 1963.

To be honest I'd never considered DB to be that old, but you learn something new every day

If someone says the football played in 2013/14 was the best for 50 years then it does imply it was the best football since 1963.

To be honest I'd never considered DB to be that old, but you learn something new every day
But he didn't say 'for 50 yrs' (which would have been 50 since that date) he said the 'football we played in 13/14 was the best 'in' 50 years (which means the current last 50 years). Anyway pedantism rules! I'm out of this one.

I'm with Stevie - pedants choose your sides

Anyway, pedantry aside, even with your definition the assertion is that the 13/14 team was better than any since 1974/75 which includes 11 league title wins and all 6 european cup wins

I'm with Stevie - pedants choose your sides

Anyway, pedantry aside, even with your definition the assertion is that the 13/14 team was better than any since 1974/75 which includes 11 league title wins and all 6 european cup wins
There’s no point getting into the semantics of the debate when the core of it is fundamentally incorrect.

Ok.. lets read it both ways… unless anyone else wants to interpret differently.

Either…

2013/14 was the best football since 1963/64 - which mean means better than 2/3’s of Shankly’s career, all of Paisley, Fagan, Dalglish, Evans, Houllier & Benitez career (I’ll not include Souness or The owl-faced cunt)!!!

Or…

Remove Shankly from the list and add everything we’ve seen under Klopp.

Either way it’s utter bollocks - as much as I had great fun watching 2013/14 - and it was great fun - it won us precisely fuck all and the lasting memory of that season will be Gerrard’s slip, Aspas corner and fucking blowing a 3-0 lead at Palace and signing the great Tiago Illori who, 20 years later is still waiting to play for the reserves!!!!!

Ok.. lets read it both ways… unless anyone else wants to interpret differently.

Either…

2013/14 was the best football since 1963/64 - which mean means better than 2/3’s of Shankly’s career, all of Paisley, Fagan, Dalglish, Evans, Houllier & Benitez career (I’ll not include Souness or The owl-faced cunt)!!!

Or…

Remove Shankly from the list and add everything we’ve seen under Klopp.

Either way it’s utter bollocks - as much as I had great fun watching 2013/14 - and it was great fun - it won us precisely fuck all and the lasting memory of that season will be Gerrard’s slip, Aspas corner and fucking blowing a 3-0 lead at Palace and signing the great Tiago Illori who, 20 years later is still waiting to play for the reserves!!!!!
Of course it's utter hyperbole.
It's just the maths that could be viewed both ways.

Of course it's utter hyperbole.
It's just the maths that could be viewed both ways.

Actually… the maths were sound - it’s the interpretation of which 50 year window is in question, is the thing - since we’re on the pedant train and I’m no longer questioning my sanity - which was all your fault 🤣🤣!!

As Stevie has established the outcome of pedantry only distinguishes whether it is Shankly or Klopp who are included in his diss list.

Fixture amendments for December and January have been released. December 4th we play Newcastle away and then we play Everton away with the early kick off Saturday December 7th.

I hate TNT with a passion.

Back
Top Bottom