• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other teams transfer news / speculation

I think he also just signed a new contract.
He may have been on a decent salary I guess and they are desperate to get Ugarte in?

McTominay same price as Sepp, not sure I see that logic in valuations in the current market but bot going to complain.
He’s a championship player in the last year of his contract who is 5 years older, it’s a pretty decent fee.

He’s a championship player in the last year of his contract who is 5 years older, it’s a pretty decent fee.
I thought he had signed a long term extension but looks like a no, also West Ham offered 30m back in May apparently. Bit of a mess. I don’t agree he is Championship, decent CM at PL level but can’t see him do much at Napoli.

In your opinion, you’re starting to sound a lot like Hughes.

For far too long before Klopp arrived, we were wasting money signing players who made bugger all difference and getting exactly nowhere as a result. There is no point, NONE, in making signings for their own sake, and our transfer dept.is far better qualified than you or anyone else on here to decide whether or not the players available to us will improve us.

Weirdly, McTominay has pulled Tenn Haag out of the shit loads of times with important goals yet the Dutchman looks to have wanted rid of him through all that time nonetheless.
He's the sort of player who would have 5 league titles if Ferguson was in charge.

Wes Brown or John O'Shea type. Not great but will do a job and keep a level of consistency that is needed. Mad to sell him.

I thought he had signed a long term extension but looks like a no, also West Ham offered 30m back in May apparently. Bit of a mess. I don’t agree he is Championship, decent CM at PL level but can’t see him do much at Napoli.
He’s like a less effective Fellaini, a weapon because of his height and size but when it comes to playing football, terrible at it.

Not sad to see McTominay leave United. They lack depth in the middle and he was somewhat reliable even if the manager didn’t think he was trendy

yea i thought he was good, the type klopp might’ve used well

RIP Sven, reminiscing about the time he was banging Ulrika, who was pretty hot at the time, up in heaven i’m sure

He's the sort of player who would have 5 league titles if Ferguson was in charge.

Wes Brown or John O'Shea type. Not great but will do a job and keep a level of consistency that is needed. Mad to sell him.

Yeah I think he's underrated, a consistent 6/10 which is more than you can say for most of the garbage recruited under conehead

Well then which ones are better than who we have and who are they better than?
You do realise about half of them we were linked to either this or last summer don't you, would you like me to pull out a few of the things that were said about them?

Find it funny we have to convince ourselves so and so would be a great signing for us around the time the rumours start to appear, and then when they've died down and moved elsewhere it's "well they were never any good anyway"

Hmm I think it’s more like he scores now and again and people notice him but defensively he’s a liability which is why he’s hated by the fans.

Agree he's not great at defending, and I wouldn't mind betting McTominay himself does too, but if anything that increases my respect for his professionalism, as for a long time he was usually asked to play a more defensive role and did it without complaint.

You do realise about half of them we were linked to either this or last summer don't you, would you like me to pull out a few of the things that were said about them?

Find it funny we have to convince ourselves so and so would be a great signing for us around the time the rumours start to appear, and then when they've died down and moved elsewhere it's "well they were never any good anyway"

It’s a very simple question, it’s not “what was said” about them and it’s not “are they any good” - it’s which players are they better than, or would replace in our current team to improve it.

If they’re no better than the players we have, then why would we sign them?

More love for a Utd player on a Liverpool forums than their own, or at least I think this is a Liverpool forums, quite hard to tell at times.

Back
Top Bottom