• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other teams transfer news / speculation

They're all average at best.

That’s usually what people tell themselves and spread across to others in an attempt to try and overcome that feeling of disappointment they want to keep buried inside, but if 12-24 months ago I would’ve added Endo Gravenberch Gakpo Szobo etc after they went elsewhere, you’d have said the same thing, right?

This summer has been a colossus shambles.

Bournemouth trying to get kepa on loan

Guess that's the final nail on the Georgian links for us

That’s usually what people tell themselves and spread across to others in an attempt to try and overcome that feeling of disappointment they want to keep buried inside, but if 12-24 months ago I would’ve added Endo Gravenberch Gakpo Szobo etc after they went elsewhere, you’d have said the same thing, right?

This summer has been a colossus shambles.
Well as they've all been average, then yes.

Although I want a signing I agree with those being a bit sensible about it.
We can't just sign anyone.
I truly believe that money is available in case something pops up.
If not in now, it'll happen in January.

Although I want a signing I agree with those being a bit sensible about it.
We can't just sign anyone.
I truly believe that money is available in case something pops up.
If not in now, it'll happen in January.

What do you mean "in case something pops up", is that how we work?

Whoever we choose to sign in Jan, if anyone, or even next summer.......we can sign now. That's the point. We're being fucking cunts. Lazy, arrogant CUNTS!

Whoever we choose to sign in Jan, if anyone, or even next summer....we can sign now. That's the point. We're being fucking cunts.
I'm not sure about the financial stuff, but maybe the penny pinching is because we have a limited amount of cash and want to have as much as possible available in order to make another signing?
Yeah I know I felt myself grasping at straws while writing that, but I can't for the life of me understand why otherwise.
Another important factor is "fair value", we definitely don't want to be overpaying for a player. With Edwards and Hughes, it seems like whatever we pay for a player is basically what they themselves deem the player is worth or could be worth. We sweeten the deal with a bunch of performance based clauses.

Also here's what Ornstein said on the Overlap:

[Ornstein] "Unless they find somebody that they're completely happy with, they'll wait and bide their time and be patient and be brave about that, because it's going against what a lot of the public and fanbases want, which is transfers, transfers, transfers."

[Ornstein] "Unless they find somebody that they're completely happy with, they'll wait and bide their time and be patient and be brave about that, because it's going against what a lot of the public and fanbases want, which is transfers, transfers, transfers."
He is talking shit, we know above all we need a midfielder, Slot knows as well. No one can believe that Zubanendi is the only failed footballer in the world. By failed I mean all these deep lying controllers/DM types are the ones that only made it because they were no good at attacking or proper defending so thats why they have this unique role of controller/stopper.

Gaslighting prick

Ok - guys how likely is it that we do a deal with Man Shitty to sign Matheus Nunes ? - is there any truth in this and if so - how would you feel ?, I would love him to join us, and I think it he would be excellent for us.

Ok - guys how likely is it that we do a deal with Man Shitty to sign Matheus Nunes ? - is there any truth in this and if so - how would you feel ?, I would love him to join us, and I think it he would be excellent for us.
Why? We have enough in midfield

Never seen this guy have a good game or do anything remotely worth his price

Why? We have enough in midfield
You trying to be funny again ?

@jan, @tomasjj - you both may think he is not good enough because he has not been good for City or just not outstanding but for us - I think he would be a better fit than what that Zubi guy would have been for us. I still remember when he played for Wolves and played against us at Anfield - he was surrounded by our players in a hindu type mahabarata auspicious circle, and still manage to bypass them all and run through onto our defence. It was wonderful to see.

You trying to be funny again ?

@jan, @tomasjj - you both may think he is not good enough because he has not been good for City or just not outstanding but for us - I think he would be a better fit than what that Zubi guy would have been for us. I still remember when he played for Wolves and played against us at Anfield - he was surrounded by our players in a hindu type mahabarata auspicious circle, and still manage to bypass them all and run through onto our defence. It was wonderful to see.
He's not a DM...

Players that were available and could've been signed this window.

Fofana - 20m
Chiesa - 13m
Theate - 15m
Debast - 15m
Pavlovic - 18m
Pacho - 40m
Evanilson - 35m
Thuram - 20m
Todibo - 30m
Frattesi - 25m
Wieffer - 30m
Guillherme - 25m
Anton - 20m
Le Fee - 20m
Mikaudtdze - 18m

But no, decided NONE of them were good enough to improve the squad. Boss. Gotta laugh really.

Let’s revisit this post at the end of the season and calculate how many from this list were actually good enough to improve us.

Let’s not forget that many of the better younger talents want guaranteed playing time too. Add Yoro to the list BTW.

Let’s revisit this post at the end of the season and calculate how many from this list were actually good enough to improve us.

Let’s not forget that many of the better younger talents want guaranteed playing time too. Add Yoro to the list BTW.
No because I’m not interested about the end of the season, I’m interested about now and how they could fit into Slot’s style at present, not how they would’ve/might’ve/could’ve done based on what they did at their new clubs.

Yoro doesn’t represent value for money so he can stay out.

McTominay same price as Sepp, not sure I see that logic in valuations in the current market but bot going to complain.

No because I’m not interested about the end of the season, I’m interested about now and how they could fit into Slot’s style at present, not how they would’ve/might’ve/could’ve done based on what they did at their new clubs.

Yoro doesn’t represent value for money so he can stay out.

In that case - it was the correct decision to sign none of them as none would have improved the team right now.

Back
Top Bottom