• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other Games: 18th May

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno, a point away to the Geordies is decent. So now if they beat West Ham at home and Everton fail to win, job”s a good ‘un

All 3 newly promoted teams staying up is quite the achievement. Forest staying up after buying 30 players, Bournemouth staying up with that awful squad and Fulham finishing 10th is insanely good.

they seem to have capitalised on changes in circumstances resulting in massive decline of some established clubs, not to take any credit away because it’s a big achievement.

Looking at the sides at the bottom

Southampton - ownership change, slow decline, youth signings the final nail in the coffin
Leicester - tragic ownership change, COVID, no investment
Leeds - manager had them punching well above their weight, rudderless since he left
Everyone - hilarious ownership change, botched transfer strategy, Frank Lampard

Bournemouth - that’s a miracle. How they hell have they managed it.

wanting just one more big day for them before summer

The worst thing is that Bournemouth have had Evertons number this season (3-0 and 4-1).
But seeing as they are safe and on the beach I fully expect Everton to get the points that they need, sadly.

The worst thing is that Bournemouth have had Evertons number this season (3-0 and 4-1).
But seeing as they are safe and on the beach I fully expect Everton to get the points that they need, sadly.

We all know what will happen. Bournemouth will win, comfortably; but Leicester and Leeds will continue to be dog shit, and barely muster a goal between them

With the rumours of Everton getting the ever loving shit sued out of them if they don't go down; i wonder whether they would prefer to go down to avoid a huge lawsuit. It would also be hilarious if they get the overdue points deduction for being dodgy bookkeepers

I promised a relegated Everton for the last 3 months and I will deliver on this promise.

Be-leaveeeeee in the Nomial.

We all know what will happen. Bournemouth will win, comfortably; but Leicester and Leeds will continue to be dog shit, and barely muster a goal between them

Even if Leeds were playing Leicester on the final day, both teams will find a way to lose. They are that shit.

How Consistent Was Every Premier League Lineup This Season?

Untitled.jpg
Untitled2.jpg

You have to say Brighton were great there, City might have their foot off the gas but they're not prodded like that very often. Fair play to BHA.

Be interesting to see what happens to them this summer, whether their best players are pillaged or fancy a shot at Europe. And if they are, who they replace them with, given the success so far of their operating model.

Let's hope City taking the foot off the pedal rebounds, I doubt it will. But once you lose the intensity of the run they've been on, things can change.

A final word on Arsenal, unfortunately it's not the good old days when you can win the league with 80 points, welcome to the fucking oil era. Try and find another 15 points next season and you might be getting there (clue, you won't).

You have to say Brighton were great there, City might have their foot off the gas but they're not prodded like that very often. Fair play to BHA.

Be interesting to see what happens to them this summer, whether their best players are pillaged or fancy a shot at Europe. And if they are, who they replace them with, given the success so far of their operating model.

Let's hope City taking the foot off the pedal rebounds, I doubt it will. But once you lose the intensity of the run they've been on, things can change.

A final word on Arsenal, unfortunately it's not the good old days when you can win the league with 80 points, welcome to the fucking oil era. Try and find another 15 points next season and you might be getting there (clue, you won't).
Aye, fair play to Brighton for showing up against City and Arsenal whilst playing a near reserve side in the one game we needed them to perform in.

It's not Brighton's fault we're not at where we should be.
Agree. It’s our fault, fair and square. I mean, as examples, Forest and Leeds were scrambling around for points, never mind wins, and what do you know— Liverpool rock up and duly obliged by generously losing. And then, thrash Man U one week but lose to Bournemouth the next

This Enciso fella, not sure where Brighton pulled him out from, only 19 and so explosive.

Someone is going to buy him for 50+m in 2-3 years time.

Moneyball eh?

Just shows what a shitshow Chelsea have been this season.

and how smart man city are with their small budget! 🙂

On a more serious note, how fucking infuriating is it that Brighton can hold a full strenght Man City to 1-1 but cannot do the same against Everton or Newcastle?

and how smart man city are with their small budget! 🙂

On a more serious note, how fucking infuriating is it that Brighton can hold a full strenght Man City to 1-1 but cannot do the same against Everton or Newcastle?

Yeah, as pointed out City had nothing to play for. But the team set up against Newcastle was horrendous. Shame they didnt prioritize a bit different.
Ah well, we can only blame ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom