• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Nuri Sahin, Part III (Agreed, pending medical)

Status
Not open for further replies.
right ...i just asked my german mate who is usually spot on about players ...he reckons he's "nothing special" .

So i'm out .

I'd rather we brought in someone to challenge Gerrard's position rather than Allen and Lucas.
Unless Shelvey can really step up (my hope was that Suso would, but not looking likely this season).

José Mourinho gave a press conference ahead of Real Madrid's opening game of the season tomorrow against Valencia and did not rule out the possibility of new arrivals and new departures from the club before the transfer window shuts.

"It's not a problem if a new player arrives, and it's not a problem if another player stays at the club. Right now we're thinking about our next game, not about new signings. But yes, it's possible that a new player will arrive and a current player will leave."

The Portugese coach hopes that his team can still improve on last season's record breaking season.

"It's important to be ambitious. If one season you win things you want to repeat that, and if another season you don't win anything, you want to start winning things again. Each season is different and I can't wait for it to start."

"We never really thought about the record (reaching 100 points). We just focused on winning the league from day one. Winning the league is winning the league, it doesn't matter if you win it with more or less points. We just want to win, not break records."

Mourinho also spoke about Nuri Sahin. "The most important thing is that he is happy. He had a difficult season last year, due to injuries and the fact he had to break into a team that was settled and was playing well and winning games. It's important for him, his self-esteem, and for Real Madrid that he plays more games. We're never going to sell him, but whether or not he leaves (on-loan) is an important decision for him and for Real Madrid."

"The team are now at a very high level. We were the best team in Europe last season. No-one could match the number of points we won or the number of goals we scored, we played fantastic football and we reached the semi-finals of the Champions League, which wasn't exactly what we wanted but it was something positive. Now we know each other better and we're going to try and maintain our high standard of football and our big ambitions."

I'd rather we brought in someone to challenge Gerrard's position rather than Allen and Lucas.
Unless Shelvey can really step up (my hope was that Suso would, but not looking likely this season).

I think Allen or Sahin could challenge Gerrard's position. Gerrard was truly disappointing. He really seems inconsistent these days. When he is good, he is very, very good. But when he starts a game poorly, he does not seem to correct it. He gave away the ball in critical areas yesterday, including for the second goal.

I also think Gerrard could be used as one of the wing forwards. He has the necessary movement, pace and vision. The role does not take advantage of his full potential when he is at his best, but again, it does not seem like we can count on that.

Most of my memories of Gerrard playing really well as an attacker seem to be when we played a very different kind of game.

Can he thrive in this new tactical model?

John Cross@johncrossmirror
#afc Wenger believes he's won race to sign Sahin. Will help soften Song blow. #lfc offered RM better financial terms but Sahin prefers afc

Strange that the Beeb are reporting that it could be permanent, when Jose said that wasnt an option.

Reckon we'll go for another centre Midfielder now or was it just a case of Sahin being available so we went for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom