• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Nuri Sahin, Part III (Agreed, pending medical)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be better to build it than to buy it. If you only ever listen to one thing I say (and I advise you never to listen to anything I say), you should trust me on that. As desirable as it seems to having a flashy fuck, throwing his oil tokens around the place, it'll be better when we earn it. And we will.

To be honest I dont care how we do it as long as we do it. The League unfortunately has been about money over the last 20 years. Generally the team that spends the most wins it. It's become almost law. It would be extra satisfying to buck that trend.

To be honest I dont care how we do it as long as we do it. The League unfortunately has been about money over the last 20 years. Generally the team that spends the most wins it. It's become almost law. It would be extra satisfying to buck that trend.

I'm definitely not saying we shouldn't spend money. It's not how much we've spent that's the problem, it's how we've spent what we've earned. We've spent approaching half a billion quid on players in recent history, which is more than enough. We earn enough cash, we just need somebody to spend it correctly.

My point here is that I agree money talks, and that we need to spend, I just don't think we need Sheikh Megabucks to roll into town to do it. It's undignified. I want to win as much as anybody, and we can do that.

I'm definitely not saying we shouldn't spend money. It's not how much we've spent that's the problem, it's how we've spent what we've earned. We've spent approaching half a billion quid on players in recent history, which is more than enough. We earn enough cash, we just need somebody to spend it correctly.

My point here is that I agree money talks, and that we need to spend, I just don't think we need Sheikh Megabucks to roll into town to do it. It's undignified. I want to win as much as anybody, and we can do that.

I agree its more cerebral to do it in a strategic way, but it's way more fun knowing you can buy pretty much any player in world football. In Liverpool forums the debate is about whether we can afford the player or if he would come to us and certain signings are deemed 'unrealistic'. Imagine *not* having those issues, that's why I'm a wee bit jealous.

I agree its more cerebral to do it in a strategic way, but it's way more fun knowing you can buy pretty much any player in world football. In Liverpool forums the debate is about whether we can afford the player or if he would come to us and certain signings are deemed 'unrealistic'. Imagine *not* having those issues, that's why I'm a wee bit jealous.

I definitely get that feeling, too; it's fantasy to go and pick a crop of players. I don't think, however, that's the best feeling in the long run. I look at clubs like Dortmund, who have had an incredible group of players over the last couple of seasons, and they're doing it the right way and still winning.

I'm not saying we have to be quite as cheap as they have, because they've spent very little indeed, but the pride they must feel is incredible. The respect they've earned is amazing.

Wenger admitted Alex Song could be the next high-profile departure with Barcelona in talks over a possible £18m move. It is understood the Arsenal manager's relationship with the 24-year-old has become strained, and when asked if Song could leave and another player arrive, Wenger replied: "Both can happen. I don't know [about Song] at the moment, my focus is more on tomorrow's game. This decision is not made. No [bid has been made]. I cannot tell you more."

Arsenal are keen on signing Nuri Sahin from Real Madrid should Song depart as expected, although Liverpool are also in advanced talks with the 23-year-old Turkey midfielder. "He [Sahin] is one of the players we follow," said Wenger. "I don't know about Liverpool's interest, honestly."

I agree with outlaw on this. All this spend the most and you win the league bollocks - how do you explain Montpelier or Dortmund - twice - if this was true. Chelsea came fifth last year. Of course you need to have good players but you dont need to outspend everyone

I agree with outlaw on this. All this spend the most and you win the league bollocks - how do you explain Montpelier or Dortmund - twice - if this was true. Chelsea came fifth last year. Of course you need to have good players but you dont need to outspend everyone

Montpelier and Dortmund aren't in the Premier League, Man City won the league and 3 guesses for who spent the most. I agree with Outlaw too by the way , but to do it in 'our' way, would unfortunately be bucking the trend

Real are getting fed up with Spurs and AVB said today that Moutinho will be to expencive, so Levy has a job to do.

Chelseas spending is insane and the FFP look more and more like a joke.

This was always going to happen, the little shit clubs that have been bank rolled and don't have a sustainable financial position have to pack their teams now as they will struggle if the rules are applied, hopefully they will just be dating the inevitable for a season

regards

The way they phrased it made it inevitable, they said if year in year there is a noticeable attempt to reduce spending they won't impose sanctions. So teams are spending huge now knowing they will then have the ability to spend more next season!

If we spend 20m then earn the same cash as last year we'll be more like to fall under sanctions by spending 21m next summer than psg spending 1m less than this summer.

It's a fucking joke.

Guillem Balague@GuillemBalague
Sahin still debating what to do. Liverpool hopeful but Arsenal have insisted this week on his signature. Madrid expect resolution next week

Other news has Sahin at Melwood yesterday. I'm not arsed , if he comes he comes. So be it

I guess its fair to say that today's performances showed the thinking behind Rodger's move for another CM (after signing Allen) despite what may look like a good central midfield trio of Lucas-Allen-Gerrard?

I guess its fair to say that today's performances showed the thinking behind Rodger's move for another CM (after signing Allen) despite what many looked like a good central midfield trio of Lucas-Allen-Gerrard?

I'm not going to pass judgement after one game and especially if one of those players has played for the first time

Not pin-pointing on their performance but rather the need for options/genuine competition for places rather than settling for their selection/midfield partnership as a 'given'

Twitter seems sure that he's on his way to us now. Apparently left Madrid after training tonight and is heading to Liverpool

It'll more than make up for the result today.

I just checked their Twitter accounts, and they've just this second posted this:

"For all new Liverpool tweeps: Nuri Sahin didn't train with his teammates at Real Madrid today. He collect his things and left the stadium"

and then

"Different sources told me Nuri Sahin is joining Liverpool. I didn't check than info with anybody at Anfield"

Jesus, if Sahin joins it's party time!

super_funny_pictures_of_the_40_funniest_animated_gifs_all__15_20090805_1817294270.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom